It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No, I'm not asking for GoG to find and add this game.
But, good heavens, anyone remember this one from early 1980s?
It was the whole Wagner opera played in an RPG kinda 2D action format.
You had to smith the sword. Run through a fire wall. Slay the dragon.
Lightning wands would kill you as quickly as all of the rats and bats that killed you.

It probably ran on processor cycles to make it run smoothly.
One of those games like Decathalon that were impossible to play once you upgraded to 20 Hz.

Opening was of random sprites running by and the Ride of the Valkyries.

Name? Just a video of the opening so my brain can stop trying to remember it?
Just me? =)

Thanks!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Thessalin: Name? Just a video of the opening so my brain can stop trying to remember it?
Icon?
Definitely not the one the OP's thinking about but I can't help but fondly remember Cryo's "Ring" game loosely based on the Nibelungen saga and Wagner's opera. It was a crap game, but with Wagner belting out in the background, decent voice acting for the time and a bonkers but strangely compelling sci-fi storyline, it was certainly memorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ5WDgR7roY
Hmm. I don't know the game, but it sounds interesting.
Thessalin: Name? Just a video of the opening so my brain can stop trying to remember it?
JMich: Icon?
Who is playing that game in the video, they should be sent of games playing 101, walking into walls doesn't work and your supposed to avoid the snakes!
_ChaosFox_: Cryo's
*chill in the spine*
The most "you love / you hate" dev there was :P
_ChaosFox_: Definitely not the one the OP's thinking about but I can't help but fondly remember Cryo's "Ring" game loosely based on the Nibelungen saga and Wagner's opera. It was a crap game, but with Wagner belting out in the background, decent voice acting for the time and a bonkers but strangely compelling sci-fi storyline, it was certainly memorable.

This one actually looks pretty good. Wish it got here sometime.
nightcraw1er.488: Who is playing that game in the video, they should be sent of games playing 101, walking into walls doesn't work and your supposed to avoid the snakes!
What snakes? I only see mice and crocodiles (in the Rhine?).

To be fair, if the only penalty for walking into creatures is a different sound, like it seems to be ... maybe they just liked this sound a lot? ;)

EDIT: No, wait, apparently you *can* die. And there *is* a health display. And there *are* snakes. And you can pick up the sword and everything. So I was wrong, sorry. But even more experienced players like this one still run into the walls occasionally. :D
Post edited October 26, 2017 by Leroux
nightcraw1er.488: Who is playing that game in the video, they should be sent of games playing 101, walking into walls doesn't work and your supposed to avoid the snakes!
you should watch me play Tomb Raider. :P
_ChaosFox_: Definitely not the one the OP's thinking about but I can't help but fondly remember Cryo's "Ring" game loosely based on the Nibelungen saga and Wagner's opera. It was a crap game, but with Wagner belting out in the background, decent voice acting for the time and a bonkers but strangely compelling sci-fi storyline, it was certainly memorable.

blotunga: This one actually looks pretty good. Wish it got here sometime.
I got it out of a bargain bin back in the day, and wished I hadn't. :) I was left wondering how much of the awfulness was due to a poor translation, and how much was just intrinsic lack of quality. I definitely wouldn't recommend investing more than $2 for the experience.
Luned: I got it out of a bargain bin back in the day, and wished I hadn't. :) I was left wondering how much of the awfulness was due to a poor translation, and how much was just intrinsic lack of quality. I definitely wouldn't recommend investing more than $2 for the experience.
Maybe the german version is better? :) Anyway it would be nice to check it out.
Leroux: What snakes? I only see mice and crocodiles (in the Rhine?).

To be fair, if the only penalty for walking into creatures is a different sound, like it seems to be ... maybe they just liked this sound a lot? ;)

EDIT: No, wait, apparently you *can* die. And there *is* a health display. And there *are* snakes. And you can pick up the sword and everything. So I was wrong, sorry. But even more experienced players like this one still run into the walls occasionally. :D
Yes, there is a difference between hitting a wall occasionally and making a point of hitting every wall in the game multiple times, and standing still whilst a snake attacks you.
tinyE: you should watch me play Tomb Raider. :P
Sorry, not into the whole watching voyerism.
Post edited October 26, 2017 by nightcraw1er.488
Leroux: What snakes? I only see mice and crocodiles (in the Rhine?).

nightcraw1er.488: Yes, there is a difference between hitting a wall occasionally and making a point of hitting every wall in the game multiple times, and standing still whilst a snake attacks you.
tinyE: you should watch me play Tomb Raider. :P
nightcraw1er.488: Sorry, not into the whole watching voyerism.
way to kill a joke nightcraw1er! :P Here I am trying to make fun of my own gaming incompetence and you go and make it weird. XD
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, there is a difference between hitting a wall occasionally and making a point of hitting every wall in the game multiple times, and standing still whilst a snake attacks you.

Sorry, not into the whole watching voyerism.
tinyE: way to kill a joke nightcraw1er! :P Here I am trying to make fun of my own gaming incompetence and you go and make it weird. XD
Tables turned?
WoW! That's it! WOWWWWW!!

Thank y'all so much! Good heavens I was 9. My gosh, has it been that long...