It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread going!

And to Zeogold and heartburnron for the game!

Robert
Is it legal to copy a DRM-free game and give it a friend?

I know it's wrong because of morals and stuff but I really wonder if it would be legal...?
Noah1377: Is it legal to copy a DRM-free game and give it a friend?

I know it's wrong because of morals and stuff but I really wonder if it would be legal...?
No. It's not legal

kusumahendra: No. It's not legal
At least in Germany you are allowed to make a copy for yourself as long as you don't circumvent some copy protection. However giving this copy away still would be illegal.
MarkoH01: At least in Germany you are allowed to make a copy for yourself as long as you don't circumvent some copy protection. However giving this copy away still would be illegal.
i think it's similar in the u.k. it's funny how the law allows a backup copy without messing with the copy protection. reducing the amount of backupable items to a negligible figure

A quote from GOG.com FAQ:
"Q: Can I share games with others?

A: Your account and games are for your personal use only. If you want to share them, you can always buy a gift for that person. The DRM-free nature of our service means that we trust you that this will not be abused."

and

" ... The same principle applies to movies - you're free to watch them anywhere you want, with anyone you want, as long as you don't share them with people who haven't purchased them."
Post edited January 13, 2018 by AWG43
Agreed to the above but....

I don't think anyone from GoG is going to show up at your doorstep, charge through with guns blazing and shoot up your fish tank if you do it.

Unless you're a 9/10 year old in Helsinki of course:

https://www.infowars.com/10-year-old-girls-laptop-confiscated-after-copyright-offense/
thanks heartburnron. will try and pay it forward.
Hello, everyone. Could I please have a code for Day of the Tentacle Remastered? Thanks in advance!
MarkoH01: At least in Germany you are allowed to make a copy for yourself as long as you don't circumvent some copy protection. However giving this copy away still would be illegal.
timmy010: i think it's similar in the u.k. it's funny how the law allows a backup copy without messing with the copy protection. reducing the amount of backupable items to a negligible figure
Actually the point is that it's backup copies. Which means that you just keep them and don't use, unless prime copy doesn't work. So at any given moment only one person can play a (license of) game. Or so the intention of the law is.

In my view (though it doesn't neccessary correct in legal terms) you can allow your friend to play a game as long as you don't play it yourself. That's what I see in "don't abuse the system", said by GOG.
low rated
hey all, i like to request battlefield 1 revolution, battlefield 4
thank you
Post edited January 19, 2018 by isis1
isis1: hey all, i like to request battlefield 1 revolution, battlefield 4
thank you
Neither game is on the list of available games. Please read the first four posts in the thread for rules and list of available games.

Also, welcome to the GOG forums!
Post edited January 19, 2018 by Themken
Would I be able to give away a Steam key here for Defy Gravity?
ChrisVee: Would I be able to give away a Steam key here for Defy Gravity?
Yes, simply send the key to the hoster of this giveaway zeogold which you can contact here.
ChrisVee: Would I be able to give away a Steam key here for Defy Gravity?
MarkoH01: Yes, simply send the key to the hoster of this giveaway zeogold which you can contact here.
Great, thanks! Think I'll become a regular around these parts.