It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?

Now which games to buy, then? With so many good choices, that's going to be a tad more challenging, but we're here to help.
Fans of tactical gameplay should look no further than The Banner Saga or Hard West, whose delicious narrative perfectly envelops their crunchy turn-based core. If you prefer building and managing, it's probably a good time to discover the Tropico series, Dungeons 2, Port Royale, or Grand Ages: Medieval. For more out-of-the-box experiences, make sure to check out Oh Sir!...The Insult Simulator, Zombie Night Terror, Pathologic Classic HD, and the fiendishly fun Antihero, among others.

Both the Weekly Sale and the unlockables offer will last until September 18, 4 PM UTC.
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
ok, im a bit confused, is it really true we have to tick the boxes in our email settings to receive promotion, updates and newsletter in order to get the free games? those that have gotten their codes can they confirm if they have mail settings enabled or not?

In the past I have often received free game codes from gog via email and i have never subscribed. is it possible that the email support responder was incorrect? i hope so, if its true then I will be very miffed, i work hard at reducing spam, even from valued vendors and mandatory spam opt in suks the big one and should be clarified in the promo store front page when the event begins

natch i can and will just uncheck the mail spam afterwards but this will be a new marketing low for them
Spent US$15.56 on September 16, and have not received any of the 3 free games yet. Has anyone or everyone received the free games?
Post edited September 23, 2017 by ktchong
Ordered on Sept 17 and still no e-mail with the free games - spent over $11 by the way so I should receive 2 games of my choice (Kyn and Tropico Reloaded).
1. Spent 20+ Euro

2. All newsletter and information emails options on

3. No games

4. Wrote a support request

5. 24 hours later no response
Ordered on 16 sep. Haven't received anything yet. All email checkboxes turned off, but last sale that didn't prevent me from getting codes for Alan Wake or Rebel Galaxy, so I don't see why it would this time around. Not worried yet. I fully expect an email today or tomorrow, and if not, then I'll just go the support route on monday, with full confidence that they'll make it right.
As promised, I am updating now that GOG support has replied.
(A personal note: All of my interactions with GOG happen in AUD. All prices that I see on the website are displayed in AUD. I have never had a currency problem with them before.)

----- ・ ----- ・ ----- ・ -----
Treehugger Yesterday at 13:58
The "20170911 WEEKLY SALE SPECIAL: 3 UNLOCKABLE GAMES" stated that spending $15 minimum would grant me three free games, but my code is only good for two. I spent $18.68. Can you please remedy this?
ЙуриЙ Today at 18:26
Hello

Actually you have spent 14.94 USD which after conversion will gave 18.68 AUD. Unfortunately in this case you are not allowed to receive 3rd game. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Best Regards
JuriJ
GOG.com Support
Treehugger Today at 20:51
Hi JuriJ,

Thanks for your reply. I don't accept that. Your advertising banner didn't state that I had to spend $15 USD. Please remedy the code for the third game, or kindly refund me my whole order and remove the those games from my library.

Regards,
Treehugger
Timboli: I am talking about the usual places I visit and check - Wishlist, Game Pages, Sales Pages, Game List Pages and the Main GOG Page. And also in the emails I regularly get.

[…]

So in short, I have been going by the prices on those places I mentioned, some of which, like the Main GOG page, have banners with prices, that to the best of my knowledge have always been in AUD. I've certainly not come across pricing discrepancies before now, when I have made an actual purchase ... and I have made many purchases here (over 200) since May 2017.
I've been here since October 2008 and I've never had a pricing problem.

Sha_n_Dra: Btw. for the discussion above about the thresholds in various currencies -> In the Promo Mail I received from GoG for that sale those where given in my chosen currency (Yeah, yeah... subscriptions again...).
I still have the promo email (screenshot attached). It also said $15.
Attachments:
I am disappointed. GOG has failed to recognise that I'm asking for a refund not because I'm missing out on a freebie but because I don't like misleading advertising. I wish the rest of you better luck in your dealings with them.

ЙуриЙ Yesterday at 23:14
Hello

Just to clarify - below you will find the exact quote from the news page about that promo:
[…]
If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible."
Best Regards
JuriJ
GOG.com Support
ЙуриЙ Yesterday at 23:14
Hello

Please also let me know if you would prefer to convert your purchase into GOG Wallet funds that you could use to purchase another game from our catalogue, instead of refund for this order. Cash refunds take a couple of business days to be fully processed on both sides, whereas GOG Wallet funds gets assigned immediately.

Best Regards
JuriJ
GOG.com Support
Treehugger Today at 00:13
Hello.

Just to clarify—GOG.com sent me the attached promotional email. I quote:
"Get up to 3 free games in the weekly sale: Spend $5 to choose one game, $10 for two, and $15 to get all three."

Just to reiterate: your advertising banner also stated the same. Your website displays all prices to me in AUD and all my interactions with GOG.com occur in AUD.

Please refund the order to my credit card. The cost in time taken to discuss this has now far exceeded the $0.06 discrepancy.

Regards,
Treehugger
Lonewolf1044: I think you can give it to another person, on the redeem page it said something about cancelling and not continue if you plan on giving to another user, Maybe someone has more info.
Maybe this will help clear things up for everyone. ^_^

Because I rarely check these forums, my understanding of the offer was that customers would receive 3 free games for spending more than $15 during the sale regardless of the currency the required titles were purchased with so I bought several games that I didn't have and figured that I would enjoy:

Cultures 1 + 2
Cultures: Northland + 8th Wonder of the World
Tropico 3 Gold Edition
Tropico 4
Tropico 4 Complete DLC Pack

for a total of $16.35 Canadian.

Because I had received individual codes for free games before (ie during a couple of GOG's seasonal sales), I had reason to believe that each individual freebie would have its own code sent via e-mail.

In this case, I received one code good for only 2 of the free titles when it had appeared that I had qualified for all 3. -_-U

For what it's worth, the main reason that I participated in that sale was to add Tropico Reloaded to my collection and, if Kyn and Breach & Clear: Deadline Rebirth turned out to be 'flawed diamonds', I could give them away as separate titles to interested GOG users. Everyone likes some games/genres more than others, after all. ^_^

In any event, I hope that this oversight can be corrected. I enjoyed participating in GOG's past sales and hope to continue supporting their stance against DRM and other unnecessary nonsense.

We play games not just to have fun but to reward ourselves for our achievements/accomplishments. Why should a studio, a 'suit', an SJW (or three) stand in the way of (much less crush) that enjoyment?

Game on, everyone! ^_^
Post edited September 23, 2017 by ChainsawGenie
We have 30 days to get a refund, right?
Sha_n_Dra: Btw. for the discussion above about the thresholds in various currencies -> In the Promo Mail I received from GoG for that sale those where given in my chosen currency (Yeah, yeah... subscriptions again...).
Treehugger: I still have the promo email (screenshot attached). It also said $15.
As I just keep the Mails of my Orders I already have deleted that Mail (In german) and I cannot proof it - but I am pretty sure that I was somehow irritated because the sums where not multiples of 5, the symbol was € but the values given where too high for a conversion US$-€, because the last one wasn't in the 12.xx range but touching the 14.__ ...
Post edited September 24, 2017 by Sha_n_Dra
Just adding my name to the list of people who haven't received an e-mail with information on how to redeem the free games from this particular sale.

I spent (US)$18.89, so fortunately this isn't a currency issue (I am sorry to read that some of you were misled).

I wrote GOG support moments ago. Hopefully, there will be some sort of (reasonable and timely) response.
Post edited September 24, 2017 by zakmckracken
I did get the games, yesterday.
1. Spent 20+ Euro

2. All newsletter and information emails options on

3. No games

4. Wrote a support request

5. 24 hours later no response

UPDATE

6. 30+ hours later got response that the codes are being send, I shall contact the support on Monday if I have not them

7. received an email from support, if I want to close my ticket, no codes yet
probably has to be one of the stupidest promos in a while... well, maybe not the stupidest but clumsiest, ill thought out and if intended shady for pushing newsletter spam notifications on email accts. I will hesitate next time they do this and ask for real clarification on the terms beforehand.