It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Baldur's Gate, Divinity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun, Age of Decadence - inventory is full!

UPDATE: Ah, my favorite people are back! Come come, illustrious customers, fresh role-playthings I have here, yes! Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Two Worlds, Legend of Grimrock - touch them to feel the quality! From faraway lands I bring them, to faraway lands they will take you. Some so good, you will want to stay there forever, yes!

Hey hey, gather up, adventurers! Only the best RPG stuff I bring for you today, yes?
Ah, fine taste you have sir, fine taste. You picked the Carsomyr, yes, strong sword from Baldur's Gate, very strong. Ah, please be careful with that trinket, milady! Those high tech scopes are as delicate as they are powerful, no? Every Shadowrunner will tell you that.
But please, keep browsing, keep browsing esteemed friends! Great discounts you will find, on treasures beyond compare. This I promise: the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 23</span> has plenty RPGs extraordinaire!

Turn-based combat you seek? Magic that make sparks fly and enemies go poof? It is Divinity Original Sin the one for you: like glorious pen & paper campaign but much better, yes? So much gear, spells, characters without class but graphics with lots of class! Oh, you will love it much, I guarantee.

Ah, you miss the cold, I see. A ticket for Icewind Dale EE for you I have - it will take you to the Spine of the World, where demons make war. But brave warrior as you, pause-and-stab, pause-and-stab, you will defeat them, yes? Just don't forget to take coat.
Have some here, reasonable price.

Soooo many wonders I have for you still: Planescape: Torment EE, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Age of Decadence, Lords of Xulima, Dex, and many many more! Come see!

If you like the games of roles, make sure to keep an eye on the shop this week, yes? New RPGs I will bring, fresh fresh fresh, barely touched by another soul. Very quality, yes.

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 23</span> will last until July 24, 4PM UTC.
RPG goodness.
Sadly nothing for me, I already have all I need to scratch that particular itch.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by benmar
Very Quality
mecharma: Very Quality
Bestest only!
Looking at the list of games, it seems to be a sale specifically of WRPGs, and not of RPGs in general; there are no JRPGs in the sale as far as I could tell.
Nothing for me here, also not a lot of great deals.
Except for the 0% ones, those are great.
BUG
Some games in the promo have 0% off discount.

I always wonder why GOG staff can not make correct new promos.
GOG oftern set the clock/timezone wrong, make wrong discount, and broken URL.
mecharma: Very Quality
Siege of Dragonspear has a 0% discount.
Noone may resist the sale this time!
dtgreene: Looking at the list of games, it seems to be a sale specifically of WRPGs, and not of RPGs in general; there are no JRPGs in the sale as far as I could tell.
To be fair, first there were RPGs, and then the JRPGs term was coined. wRPGs is like calling Ghostbusters, the 1984 version. NO!!! There is only one Ghostbusters movie. That and the sequel :P
Post edited July 17, 2017 by MadalinStroe
benmar: RPG goodness.
Sadly nothing for me, I already have all I need to scratch that particular itch.
What about Disciples: Sacred Lands, sir? Worth trying for that price, I assure you.
ciemnogrodzianin: What about Disciples: Sacred Lands, sir? Worth trying for that price, I assure you.
Wondering what that does there actually.
And aw, just bought it during the big sale for 30 cents more, obviously didn't even install yet. Probably my cue that I should.
dtgreene: Looking at the list of games, it seems to be a sale specifically of WRPGs, and not of RPGs in general; there are no JRPGs in the sale as far as I could tell.
MadalinStroe: To be fair, first there were RPGs and then the JRPGs term was coined. wRPGs is like calling Ghostbusters, the 1984 version. NO!!! There is only one Ghostbusters movie. That and the sequel :P
Actually, there was a split in the way games were designed. If you look at games like early Ultima and Wizardry, they have some aspects that are mostly found in WRPGs, and others that are more characteristic of JRPGs.

Ultima, for example, has tile-based overhead movement, and Ultima 3 introduced a separate screen for battles, both JRPG traits; on the other hand, the game lets you attack random townspeople and steal items, which is more of a WRPG thing. (Stealing in JRPGs is different and not at all realistic; you steal from enemies, and if you don't steal before they die, they won't drop the item that you would have stolen.

Similarly, Wizardry has a separate battle screen, invisible encounters (some of them random), and turn-based (non-tactical) combat, but then the dungeon is displayed in first person, and you can buy back items sold to a shop. (There are also a few harsh aspects of the game, like perma-death and level draining, that you don't see much these games outside of roguelikes and the more hardcore Wizardry-likes (Etrian Odyssey lacks them, for example).)

The genres diverged when Dragon Quest 1 came out, essentially being a simplification of Ultima, getting rid of things like stealing from shops; then Final Fantasy 1 borrowed ideas from Wizardry (see the magic system, for example), while adopting Dragon Quest's top-down perspective. In the meantime, Ultima 4 doubled down on WRPG elements, including more in-depth NPC interactions and some more simulationist aspects, with Ultima 6 ditching the separate town and battle screens. Even Wizardry, starting with the 5th game in the series, took a more WRPG direction, adding NPC conversations.

Also, to my knowledge, there are at least 3 Ghostbusters movies; the original, the sequel, and the awesome reboot that came out recently.
Smannesman: Nothing for me here, also not a lot of great deals.
The deals are not better than during last Summer Sale, but I do not agree. Those are great prices for all Spiderweb titles, making them great deal. I may be wrong, but Steam usually rents that games for twice as much. Shadowruns are also cheap.

I've bought all I need during the last sale, but thanks GOG! Great offer for crpg fans and for those who couldn't afford to cover the wishlist during the Summer Sale.

I've taken Disciples. I have CD copy somewhere, but for that price it would be nice to have backup here.
That's a damn great RPG sale; i totally recommend (in no specific order):

- Divinity: Original Sin
- Divine Divinity
- Shadowrun (all of them)
- Lords of Xulima (it gets somewhat repetitive after a while but still enjoyable 'till the end)
- all the Infinity Engine games (not sure about Beamdog's enhanced editions but since the original versions are included, i wouldn't worry at all)
- the Spiderweb games

Just don't forget to get out in the sun once in a while and speak to real people too. (^-^)
dtgreene: ...
I fail to see how that invalidates my point. All JRPGs stem from Ultima and Wizardry.

Also you are clearly mistaken, I should know if Harold Ramis would have made an awesome reboot. You must be miss-remembering the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters:_The_Video_Game]Ghostbusters: The Video Game[/url], in which case I bow to your knowledge, because it could be considered the third Ghostbusters movie. ;)
Post edited July 17, 2017 by MadalinStroe