It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The 1.06 patch has completely screwed stability for me to the point where I tried downgrading to 1.05, but it appears I can't use 1.06 save files with 1.05 so I've gone back to 1.06 for now. I've gone from maybe 3 crashes to desktop in the first ~110 hours of play time to 5 or 6 in the last 1.5 hours. Is anyone else having these stability issues? Anyone had any success making it less crash happy? I'm running on Windows 10 on an i7-8700K with a 2080 ti.

Also for the first time the crash reporter started crashing and it's now happening every time.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by thor84no
1) How big is your latest Safe File?
<USER>\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

2) Where exactly do you experience CTDs?

1.06 fixed the savefile size cap of 8MB. In 1.05, if your (ever bloating!) save exceeded 8MB in size, it was dead. I'm pretty certain they scrambled to get a fix out, unlocking the fixed limit of 8MB and making all buffers in REDengine dynamically sized instead, to be able to handle bigger save files - and might just not have patched the crash reporter when they did. The reporter also tries to send in your latest Savefile, AFAIK - now that they changed stuff with saves, the reporter may either be crashing itself due to a buffer overflow (if your latest save is larger than 8MB) or can't verify that it's actually the save it's looking for, for the report. And because that's an unhandled exception, it panics and crashes. Just an educated guess as to why that part may be happening. But, yeah, see questions above.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by BlackSun
I experience the same issues, so here are my answers:
BlackSun: 1) How big is your latest Safe File?
3 MB. That's well below 8 MB.
BlackSun: 2) Where exactly do you experience CTDs?
Reloading a save game, no matter whether "Last Checkpoint" or "Load Game".
Initial "continue" works fine, later loading always (!) produces a predictable crash at the same point in the loading process.

crashdump is muttering something about GPU issues. Guess somebody cut short some important initialisation.

2) Where exactly do you experience CTDs?

1.06 fixed the savefile size cap of 8MB. In 1.05, if your (ever bloating!) save exceeded 8MB in size, it was dead. I'm pretty certain they scrambled to get a fix out, unlocking the fixed limit of 8MB and making all buffers in REDengine dynamically sized instead, to be able to handle bigger save files - and might just not have patched the crash reporter when they did. The reporter also tries to send in your latest Savefile, AFAIK - now that they changed stuff with saves, the reporter may either be crashing itself due to a buffer overflow (if your latest save is larger than 8MB) or can't verify that it's actually the save it's looking for, for the report. And because that's an unhandled exception, it panics and crashes. Just an educated guess as to why that part may be happening. But, yeah, see questions above.
1) 5.6 MB.
2) When running down the street, while driving a car, in the middle of the mission where Arasaka attack Takemura through a wall, just after the hotel scene with Johnny... Might have missed some.
foo_: 3 MB. That's well below 8 MB.
I'm currently at 4.7MB.
foo_: Reloading a save game, no matter whether "Last Checkpoint" or "Load Game".
Hmh. Sorry, cannot reproduce. I'm able to load 1.06 saves, and 1.05 saves, no issue.
Didn't play a lot yet, so IDK about CTDs at any other points.

I'm playing windowed, Win7 x64. 8GB RAM, 1080Ti, i7 8700.
*Whoops, correction: 16GB.
thor84no: 2) When running down the street, while driving a car, in the middle of the mission where Arasaka attack Takemura through a wall, just after the hotel scene with Johnny... Might have missed some.
Hmh. So, no apparent rhyme or reason? Maybe time interval? Try disabling autosave, there's an .INI file edit you can make, google that. Of course, remember to save manually then. At least until it crashes with autosaves disabled, so we know it's not some weird hiccup on trying to create an autosave that sometimes (or always) happens? Just a thought.

Also, for the kicks, you can also try to start a new game and play an hour or so, try out another lifepath intro while you're at it, and see if it CTDs there as well? Just pitching some troubleshooting ideas.
Post edited December 25, 2020 by BlackSun
foo_: I experience the same issues, so here are my answers:
foo_: 3 MB. That's well below 8 MB.
BlackSun: 2) Where exactly do you experience CTDs?
foo_: Reloading a save game, no matter whether "Last Checkpoint" or "Load Game".
Initial "continue" works fine, later loading always (!) produces a predictable crash at the same point in the loading process.

crashdump is muttering something about GPU issues. Guess somebody cut short some important initialisation.
you wrote: "I'm playing windowed, Win7 x64. 8GB RAM, 1080Ti, i7 8700."

I'm on Win 7 x64, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080 Non-Ti, i7-6700K; and I cannot get the game to play past character creation, it hard crashes my GPU. I have to unplug the HDMI and plug back into PC in order to get signal again....I was sure this game is not Win 7 compatible.....but yes, only window modes and no fullscreen option here too....cheers! Maybe I need to try with most recent patch 1.06 and most recent GPU drivers, but, I put in a request refund since December 11, 2020...still nothing yet....
Post edited December 24, 2020 by ZuperMusha69
ZuperMusha69: it hard crashes my GPU. I have to unplug the HDMI and plug back into PC in order to get signal again....
*Whoops, correction: 16GB RAM.
And, it CTD'd with a GPU crash for me too, for the longest time. Seemed to be related to the mirrors. Also, you shouldn't need to unplug - I did, too, thinking it was helping. Except it didn't, the machine just took an entire 30 seconds to properly recover and display stuff again. When it happens, just give it an actual entire minute. Might be the same in your case. While you're waiting, you can check capslock or numlock lights on your keyboard. If they change, the system might be running again, and you may need to re-plug a display to get it to rediscover it. If the light doesn't change states, the system is still locked up and trying to recover (or, in other cases, dead and needs a reboot).

As for the GPU drivers, yeah I had to update them for CP. Do that if you didn't do so yet.