It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So: i am playing the game on subpar performance like many other people. I tuned most of the graphical settings to medium-high at 2560x1440 with a fps cap of 143 fps. Turned RTX off, tried both DLSS off (60-75 fps) and DLSS Quality (75-90 fps). I am running latest W10, latest nvidia drivers, 32 gb of ram, 1 tb ssd, ryzen 3900x..

I just noticed today that the game uses a lot of cpu (40% most of the time) and 10-11 % gpu everywhere - running, standing, in large areas, inside a building..

What is going on?

P.S. Yes, i have two monitors: a 1440p g-sync v2 and a 1080p g-sync.
Attachments:
41nd: So: i am playing the game on subpar performance like many other people. I tuned most of the graphical settings to medium-high at 2560x1440 with a fps cap of 143 fps. Turned RTX off, tried both DLSS off (60-75 fps) and DLSS Quality (75-90 fps). I am running latest W10, latest nvidia drivers, 32 gb of ram, 1 tb ssd, ryzen 3900x..

I just noticed today that the game uses a lot of cpu (40% most of the time) and 10-11 % gpu everywhere - running, standing, in large areas, inside a building..

What is going on?

I'm seeing the same thing on my Ryzen 3600/RTX 2060 setup. It's not using my gpu fully at all.My cpu is going though. I have win 10 20h2 all updated up and the latest drivers. I see a hotfix coming or a patch soon I hope.

Toms hardware website has a good article on this.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by smuggly
I'm on a GTX 1070, and inspired by this post, I tried the same thing. I'm running high on 1080p with ~40 FPS and it's only using maybe 25% of the GPU. I tried a different graphically intensive game and it popped to ~100%. What's CP2077 doing with the graphic card? Or better asked, what isn't it doing, and why?
Task Manager is broken here. Use literally any other monitoring / overclocking software and you'll see the real usage.
Use a better performance tester, task manager is not an option here. MSI afterburner would be more useful for example.
41nd: So: i am playing the game on subpar performance like many other people. I tuned most of the graphical settings to medium-high at 2560x1440 with a fps cap of 143 fps. Turned RTX off, tried both DLSS off (60-75 fps) and DLSS Quality (75-90 fps). I am running latest W10, latest nvidia drivers, 32 gb of ram, 1 tb ssd, ryzen 3900x..

What is going on?

I am getting 65% on a rtx 2060 6gb....After 10 hrs, I requested a refund.
ShiftedX1: Task Manager is broken here. Use literally any other monitoring / overclocking software and you'll see the real usage.
Windows' Task Manager is broken..? Haha..
you are doing something wrong or is driver related, using the radeon overlay shows me my gpu to the top 96% and cpu about 50%, just don't use task manager to analyze performance
ShiftedX1: Task Manager is broken here. Use literally any other monitoring / overclocking software and you'll see the real usage.
41nd: Windows' Task Manager is broken..? Haha..
The Windows Task Manager does not show the correct GPU usage for a lot of games.
low rated

What is going on?

Kepano_808HI: I am getting 65% on a rtx 2060 6gb....After 10 hrs, I requested a refund.
I hope you get your refund - the stink of your butt-hurt on the forum is a bit overwhelming.

RTX2060 6gb, LOL - back to playing solitaire for you I guess ;D
The only reason people should be concerned with the amount of GPU they think their GPU is using in a game, imo, is if the graphics look and play far below what you expect from other games at the same resolutions. The game looks really crummy to me in every single video trailer and clip released to date--so I don't know what's going on. Looks really low-res w/low-res textures--even when clips are supposedly 4k @ max quality. Is every clip I've seen a *streamed* clip? There are many questions I have about the game that are keeping me away at this time.

If the game does look low-res even at 4k, no doubt they've dumbed it down for consoles.
41nd: I just noticed today that the game uses a lot of cpu (40% most of the time) and 10-11 % gpu everywhere - running, standing, in large areas, inside a building..
I tried yesterday with GPU-Z and, with my 2080Ti, I am at a pretty constant 98%, it drops at 1%, 2% when I am in the menu and go back at 98% when I go back in game.

Did you try with GPU-Z or other similar tools ? as mentioned the task manager is not really very accurate when it comes to measure GPU usage.
Sergii13: Use a better performance tester, task manager is not an option here. MSI afterburner would be more useful for example.
I didn't realize that. I'll look into MSI Afterburner. I also notice that other things sometimes show my GPU usage a lot lower than I would expect, even as my card is ramping up in temp, which seems to support your claim.
Update gpu drivers and check for over heating and if so clean heatsinks on gpu and cpu.