It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I got a new PC and I'm installing the game from scratch to a new HDD.

GOG asks for an update of the GOG Galaxy launcher, but it fails.

Then the games itself tries to update but that fails too.
Tried downloading the offline installers and done it manually?
gtsr: I got a new PC and I'm installing the game from scratch to a new HDD.

It's been like that until 2.0 came out, but neither GOG nor CDPR are apparently doing anything about it. They aren't even acknowledging the problem.

You can try to load all the files manually, though there's a lot of them. But the next update is likely to fail too - for example, there is still no clear manual patch from 2.0_PhL to 2.01, and it depends whether you have the DLC or not. So it may be the same for the next update.

Another solution is to erase everything and try again. I had to do that for 2.0, with Galaxy. It will succeed eventually.

I prefer to wait until they fix all the crashes and performance issues, and (hopefully) the update problems
Post edited October 14, 2023 by redglyph
gtsr: I got a new PC and I'm installing the game from scratch to a new HDD.

redglyph: It's been like that until 2.0 came out, but neither GOG nor CDPR are apparently doing anything about it. They aren't even acknowledging the problem.

You can try to load all the files manually, though there's a lot of them. But the next update is likely to fail too - for example, there is still no clear manual patch from 2.0_PhL to 2.01, and it depends whether you have the DLC or not. So it may be the same for the next update.

Another solution is to erase everything and try again. I had to do that for 2.0, with Galaxy. It will succeed eventually.

I prefer to wait until they fix all the crashes and performance issues, and (hopefully) the update problems
I solved it: all I needed to do was to launch GOG galaxy with administrator privileges.

After that I selected "cogwheel" > "check for updates"... for some reason it took a long time searching for it. I left the PC unattended and went do do something else, when I returned, GOG updated then it updated Cyberpunk 2077 (2.01) and now it works.

It seems something trivial to solve, all they need to do is to make the GOG client ask you for admin privileges when it updates. (like Steam does when it needs it).
Post edited October 14, 2023 by gtsr
gtsr: I solved it: all I needed to do was to launch GOG galaxy with administrator privileges.

After that I selected "cogwheel" > "check for updates"... for some reason it took a long time searching for it. I left the PC unattended and went do do something else, when I returned, GOG updated then it updated Cyberpunk 2077 (2.01) and now it works.

It seems something trivial to solve, all they need to do is to make the GOG client ask you for admin privileges when it updates. (like Steam does when it needs it).
I wouldn't give GOG admin privileges. It shouldn't need them and would allow a 3rd-party to install anything. Galaxy already has a serious security flaw in that regard, unless it's been finally solved.

What they need is to make Galaxy check it has access to the directories used during installation and update, and to report errors correctly while letting the user decide what to do next. In my case, Galaxy has access to everything, but it just happens to fail quite often - not always.

So they mostly need to fix it.
I recently tried to download the offline installer files manually, but the server seems to be down.

After prevous update from 1.63 to PhL 2.0.1 it rendered my game without german dialog audio localization and I found that no german voice files were installed for the DLC.

What a mess...
Are there offline installers for Phantom Liberty only?
I can't find it on the website.

I just brought it and wasted enough time to get it start updating,
now it's just repeating "Failed to update" and redownloading half of the files,
the worst is it's keeping to just stop or downloading very slowly.

Brought 2077 at launch on gog with a higher local price then steam to support CDPR,
now I'm so regret with it.
So, I bought a few games in the sale today. Thing is I had this issue with a game I bought a year or two back where it just got stuck. I got a refund and shrugged it off.

Then I got Warhammer:Rogue Trader and that notoriously had this issue. No fix at all so I uninstalled, gave up and requested a refund and that of my partner and bought on Steam.

Today I thought to myself it has been a while and that only happened on two games. Only to find the first game I had got stuck at 2%. The usual searches offered fixes that don't work or not relevant. Including for GoG themselves who insist on deleting and reinstalling a file that does not exist.

What is going on with your downloader GoG? Can someone explain this to me please?
it took a couple of minutes and it worked for me after trying to download it from the website the offline installer, then gog galaxy started to work too.