It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I played Cyberpunk a lot before back in version 1.6 and it was a very fun and good looking game.
I since bought Phantom Liberty and I also upgraded my graphics card from a Nvidia 2060 RTX to a AMD 6950XT.
A few days ago i tried to get into Cyberpunk again but...

I don't know if this has to do with my change of card or if something changed in the game but everything is so blurry in game now I feel it's impossible to enjoy it.
All the game textures are fuzzy and it's like there is this haze over everything.
I have looked a lot for answers online and found out that a lot of people have the same problem but not anywhere have I found what the problem really is.
I don't use DOF, Cinematic effect, motion blur or anything of that sort.
I don't use any downscaling or anything like that, (DLSS but for AMD, can't remember the name).
I don't use Raytracing either.
I just have everything else on Max/Ultra and get about 110 fps.
But as I said everything is blurry, and turning on sharpening just make the game look cartoonish.

At first when I bought Phantom Liberty I could not play because the developers screwed up the ability to bind keys.
Now finally that was fixed but instead I have this blur problem.
Post edited April 10, 2024 by dezpotism
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
You might think you have RT off, but you might still have reconstruction turned on. Turning it off fixed this for some people:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/16xnso1/comment/k33wea1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
HolisticGaming: You might think you have RT off, but you might still have reconstruction turned on. Turning it off fixed this for some people:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/16xnso1/comment/k33wea1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have that setting in the options.
Do I have to edit a file to turn it off then?
HolisticGaming: You might think you have RT off, but you might still have reconstruction turned on. Turning it off fixed this for some people:

dezpotism: Thanks for the reply.

I don't have that setting in the options.
Do I have to edit a file to turn it off then?
I'm not positive, but the instructions should be in that reddit thread I posted. GL :)
Sounds like a driver issue. Did you uninstall every trace (preferably with DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller) of every Nvidia driver you've ever used before slotting in the AMD card? Did you uninstall and reinstall the game before launching it with the new card?

Most modern games ties into the drivers upon installation on a system registry level to properly detect which features your graphics card has. And with suddenly a different GPU from a different manufacturer, the game can become like this.
PaladinNO: Sounds like a driver issue. Did you uninstall every trace (preferably with DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller) of every Nvidia driver you've ever used before slotting in the AMD card? Did you uninstall and reinstall the game before launching it with the new card?

Most modern games ties into the drivers upon installation on a system registry level to properly detect which features your graphics card has. And with suddenly a different GPU from a different manufacturer, the game can become like this.
Actually I did all of those things you mentioned, I even used the "Display Driver Uninstaller" on Nvidia drivers before slotting in the AMD card.
(I have built computers for decades)

The first thing I tried a few days ago when I finally had enough of the bad graphics was to reinstall the game after I removed it with a third party uninstall software that removes all traces of it and after that I cleaned the registry with two different registry cleaning apps before installing it again.

I think I might have to do another sweep and try everything all over again one last time for good measure.

Thanks
I guess something with the renderer changed in a patch after 1.6 that makes the game blurry at 1080P.
I managed to "fix" it by rendering the game at 4K then downscale it to 1080P (VSR) and then I had to use frame generation to get 100 fps.
Now it looks really crisp like it did before.
I just found out my ASUS monitor is probably broken cause it wont show the correct resolution and it displays a weird aspect ratio mening all games stretch the picture and becomes blurry, not just CP2077.

So the game is probably fine and unchanged and it was my stupid screen all the time.

Just wanted to update in case somebody else reads this thread and thinks the game is at fault, it's not.