It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it possible to find official 1.02 installers for Windows now?

I found an archive of the installed folder 1.02. This included both GOG files and Steam.

It shows version 0.00 in the main menu, but the files show build Id 53939215669958264 and version 1.02.

I compared the registry and files with version 1.03. I fix the registry file ("buildId"="53939215669958264"
"ver"="Build_3214677Change_4155897_Preload") and some .ini files (and also add the language file from 1.03). Now it runs successfully through GOG Galaxy as installed 1.03, and there are bonuses in the Vi stash.
Attachments:
102.jpg (87 Kb)
000.jpg (11 Kb)
Post edited March 31, 2024 by dasmode
HTWingNut: EDIT: I just realized I only have 1.02 and onward for full install anyhow, so doesn't matter much. 1.02 was apparently release day, guess I never grabbed 1.0

It makes the completionist in me twitch, but I'll survive. :D
If you want i have the 1.00 version of the game (it was by the GOG Preload) with the dummy exe that says "Go back to sleep Samurai, it's not December 10th Yet!".

Im unsure how you have "1.00 to 1.02" as 1.02 was the Day 1 version (basically just the missing files required to play 1.00), and as far as i know, it was never released as offline installer.

1.03 was also released on Day 1 (as the first patch), pretty much only minutes after launch so most likely that's the first version that everyone who didn't pre-order the game played
jonnyprogamer: 1.03 was also released on Day 1 (as the first patch), pretty much only minutes after launch so most likely that's the first version that everyone who didn't pre-order the game played
A release that, frankly, should NOT have been released, considering what a buggy mess it was.
I constantly had to switch between 48:9 aspect ratio and 16:9, just to progress after cutscenes, so any sort of immersion went straight out the window.
PaladinNO: A release that, frankly, should NOT have been released, considering what a buggy mess it was.
I constantly had to switch between 48:9 aspect ratio and 16:9, just to progress after cutscenes, so any sort of immersion went straight out the window.
True, but by re-testing 1.03 (now updated up to 1.12) performance is better for some reason, on my overclocked i7-4770K@4.5Ghz, 8GB 2400Mhz 11-11-13, GTX 1060 6GB im getting 35-50FPS stable with a mix of high / medium settings, and most importantly, textures set to High.
Meanwhile in my main PC (version 2.1) with 32GB 2400Mhz, i5 8400, RTX 2080 Ti, i can't even hit 30FPS with high texture, i have to play with Low texture just to do 25-40FPS (in the Phantom Libery DLC Area "DogTown") and i can go up to 60 in Night City...
PaladinNO: A release that, frankly, should NOT have been released, considering what a buggy mess it was.
jonnyprogamer: True, but by re-testing 1.03 (now updated up to 1.12) performance is better for some reason,

Meanwhile in my main PC (version 2.1, i can't even hit 30FPS with high texture, i have to play with Low texture just to do 25-40FPS (in the Phantom Libery DLC Area "DogTown") and i can go up to 60 in Night City...
Honestly, I think this is because game is "too complicated" in the graphics. With RTX, DLSS, FSR and whatever else they have thrown in (all of which I have disabled on my i9 10900K @ 5 GHz, 64 GB 3200 MHz 16-18-18-36, RTX 3080 Aorus Xtreme), the game is trying to combine too many factors, like OS features (hell,even BIOS features at this point), driver and different hardware features into one, seamless package.

And it just cannot do it. Maybe the performance on the current version of the game, with a freshly installed OS and clean drivers, would be better, but I am certainly not willing to reinstall everything just for the sake of a single game.

You're right about the performane in Dog Town. I run my game (version 2.1) on custom High settings, and I get 70-90 FPS on a single monitor (2560x1440), depending on the area in Night City, and 40-50 FPS on triple monitors (7680x1440).

In Dogtown, I barely get above 70 FPS anywhere, even on a single monitor. But while Dogtown is very densely packed (even more so than Night City city centre), so I can see why the hardware is struggling, I am still blaming a lot of the performance issues on poor optimization.
Post edited April 28, 2024 by PaladinNO
PaladinNO: Honestly, I think this is because game is "too complicated" in the graphics. With RTX, DLSS, FSR and whatever else they have thrown in (all of which I have disabled on my i9 10900K @ 5 GHz, 64 GB 3200 MHz 16-18-18-36, RTX 3080 Aorus Xtreme), the game is trying to combine too many factors, like OS features (hell,even BIOS features at this point), driver and different hardware features into one, seamless package.

And it just cannot do it. Maybe the performance on the current version of the game, with a freshly installed OS and clean drivers, would be better, but I am certainly not willing to reinstall everything just for the sake of a single game.

You're right about the performane in Dog Town. I run my game (version 2.1) on custom High settings, and I get 70-90 FPS on a single monitor (2560x1440), depending on the area in Night City, and 40-50 FPS on triple monitors (7680x1440).

In Dogtown, I barely get above 70 FPS anywhere, even on a single monitor. But while Dogtown is very densely packed (even more so than Night City city centre), so I can see why the hardware is struggling, I am still blaming a lot of the performance issues on poor optimization.
Yes exactly, im running version 2.1 under Windows 7 (they added some useless functions which aren't needed for Intel XESS, but you can remove them with Hex Editor and play the game again) and the performance is pretty bad, fun thing it looks like they made an artificial "low performance" block for Windows 7 users starting with some patch (i think it's 1.5 but i will have to test).
Basically there is this thing called "VKD3D" which translates DX12 to Vulkan (this is mainly used for Linux gamers as part of STEAM Proton to play DX 12 games) and with this you can play many new DX12 only games on Win 7 / 8, such as Hitman 3, new Spiderman, etc... with basically the same performance as if you were playing them on real DX 12 (maybe 5-10 FPS difference).
I tried to use this in Cyberpunk instead of using default DX 12 for Windows 7 (named d3d12on7, the files are in the game folder) and the GPU usage in older Windows is always low, doesn't matter if i use DX12 or Vulkan, for example in my case if i put High texture the usage drops to 25-35% which is a joke.
However if you spoof Windows version to 10 you can magically switch to "Fullscreen" mode instead of "Fullscreen Borderless" and gain some more FPS.
They definitely did some things to hurt users on purpose, for a game we paid for, and they are not offering us a way to download older versions, which to me looks like a scam.

And another fun thing is that on Steam you can always download older versions of Games by using something called "depot downloaded", instead here on GOG, we are promised that, but then they take away the old versions without even addressing the problem that they scammed players by selling the game with for example "GTX 780", and "Windows 7" support, removing said "support" and then not even keep a way for players to download older versions.