It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are certain areas in the game where the fps just dips too low 30-40 no matter what the graphics settings are.

Attached is a screenshot of the area.

Are you experiencing the same issue? You have any idea if this is fixable by a future patch?

Cheers!
The only thing I could do to fix it was setting volumetrics and cascade shadows to low. None of the other settings really affected anything in a noticeable way, but you can gain an extra 1-3 fps depending on your GPU by turning off film grain.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by CymTyr
Weird because turning distance shadows to low for me fixed my frame dipping. I'm getting locked 60 now.
Supposedly today's patch helps with it a LOT. I reversed my refund request.
that is a cpu bottleneck. you can do nothing.
CymTyr: The only thing I could do to fix it was setting volumetrics and cascade shadows to low. None of the other settings really affected anything in a noticeable way, but you can gain an extra 1-3 fps depending on your GPU by turning off film grain.

EDIT: It should be noted I couldn't get the performance I wanted out of it and had other issues with it, so I submitted a refund request about an hour ago.
batouyukinawa: Weird because turning distance shadows to low for me fixed my frame dipping. I'm getting locked 60 now.
Wow thanks +1
Post edited December 12, 2020 by AllenOneil
cool2000m: that is a cpu bottleneck. you can do nothing.
He didn't even say what his CPU was
CymTyr: The only thing I could do to fix it was setting volumetrics and cascade shadows to low. None of the other settings really affected anything in a noticeable way, but you can gain an extra 1-3 fps depending on your GPU by turning off film grain.

EDIT: It should be noted I couldn't get the performance I wanted out of it and had other issues with it, so I submitted a refund request about an hour ago.
AllenOneil:
batouyukinawa: Weird because turning distance shadows to low for me fixed my frame dipping. I'm getting locked 60 now.
AllenOneil: Wow thanks +1
Not sure if you meant me or the other person, but if you meant me and/or both of us, you're welcome :)

I reversed my refund request btw. I really do like the game a lot!
acmv71192: There are certain areas in the game where the fps just dips too low 30-40 no matter what the graphics settings are.

Attached is a screenshot of the area.

Are you experiencing the same issue? You have any idea if this is fixable by a future patch?

Cheers!
Yup, same issue, no matter if i play on high or low difference is 8-10fps and only resolution scaling gives me playable frame rates.
Currently playing with high preset at 1440p resolution scaled down to 70-75%
Terribly optimized game to be honest.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 3800x
32GB Ram
GTX1080
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Jarden
AllenOneil: Wow thanks +1
CymTyr: Not sure if you meant me or the other person, but if you meant me and/or both of us, you're welcome :)

Both of you. I took both of your advices because I wasn't sure, might as well try both. And it really helped thanks.
CymTyr: Not sure if you meant me or the other person, but if you meant me and/or both of us, you're welcome :)

AllenOneil: Both of you. I took both of your advices because I wasn't sure, might as well try both. And it really helped thanks.
Very welcome :)
Update gpu drivers.
Check for over heating and if so clean pc.