It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lordfirefox: Haven't had any crashes and I've completed the game.
Good for you, but what value does this information have for me?
lordfirefox: Haven't had any crashes and I've completed the game.
KentGAllard: Good for you, but what value does this information have for me?
The useful information is it's not crashing for everyone and there are people who are able to play the game without much issue. That's not hard to understand.
FallenHeroX1: Getting really tired of people ignoring how good this game is because they are too hyper focused on things no one would normally care about.
But all the cool kids hate Cyberpunk 2077. Before the release it was the hype train, now it's the hate train. You're not a True Gamer™ if you don't diss Cyberpunk 2077. Hating on Cyberpunk 2077 and CDPR is is such a meme that even if they fixed it so that you could play it on a TI-84 all the coolest kids would still complain they have at least a hundred million crashes a second.

It's not about the game any more. People just love to be angry.
Pochusaurus: Maybe one day they will re-include the thousands of other things they cut out of the game...
Some of the things are clearly just placeholders until the function is ready to be implemented -- the police AI being the most obvious one of these.

Some things have been found when people have tried a physical copy without the day 1 patch. This means things were cut even after the so-called "GM" was ready.

My guess is that the deadline was coming up fast, too fast, and the developers had to start cutting functions to have at least somewhat playable game ready so the management is happy. The management saw that the last delay cost them a 20% loss in share prices so they had the incentive to push out that game in December and no later.

So now that they have reached "a satisfactory level" of stability they are most likely starting to add those missing features. Some core functions like the police AI will probably come in a patch update. Other cut content like vehicle/character customisation are probably coming as free DLCs. That would make sense marketing-wise. If you add cut content in a patch you are saying this should have been there from the start and that gives negative PR. If you add it as a free DLC you're giving away free stuff and people like free stuff. Same thing, but the latter is better PR.
frogthroat: Some core functions like the police AI will probably come in a patch update. Other cut content like vehicle/character customisation are probably coming as free DLCs. That would make sense marketing-wise.
You know, I'd really love to believe that, but I don't consider it anymore. Up to this day they have not publicly admitted their Police AI being mostly unfinished, instead they said the PC version was completely fine. All they delivered was that poor police spawn radius increase, which didn't fix anything, but introduced other problems.

And CDPR have been disappointingly and ridiculously silent about any future changes to the gameplay that they might be working on. They're not willing to hint at anything that may or may not come sooner or later, so I decided to stop looking forward to any gameplay improvements at all.

They will probably fix many more bugs, give as several more haircuts to choose from, maybe a car or two, and at least a new storyline. But the gameplay mechanics will likely stay the same broken mess that they have been from the beginning.
SuccessDenied: You know, I'd really love to believe that, but I don't consider it anymore.
We don't know and that's as far as I am willing to go. Maybe, maybe not. But hopefully they will start to add the missing features soon and after that hopefully an expansion will come.

But I have to say even my faith was shaking when I heard they are making a Pokemon Go clone. They reallocate coders away from elsewhere to make a new Pokemon game? Kinda starts to look like corporate greed.
frogthroat: But I have to say even my faith was shaking when I heard they are making a Pokemon Go clone. They reallocate coders away from elsewhere to make a new Pokemon game? Kinda starts to look like corporate greed.
Totally different team, different studio.
It is still under CDPR brand, but they're not the same.
Pochusaurus: Maybe one day they will re-include the thousands of other things they cut out of the game...
A lot of trailers and (maybe) gameplays had clearly stated that those were early build of the game, and the final result might have been different.

NO promises were made, so stop with this bs and let's focus on getting patches and DLCs.
Post edited July 12, 2021 by Nephilim88
Nephilim88: Totally different team, different studio.
Of course I do not know their internal structure, but if 40% of the team has been moved to other projects and then they announce a Pokemon Go project, it just doesn't sound good. On the other hand, 60% of devs is still quite a lot for maintenance and expansions when the core game is already done.

Good news is Steam numbers are slowly rising. The game is back to PS store and Steam reports more players, which hopefully gives new motivation for CDPR.
Nephilim88: Totally different team, different studio.
frogthroat: Of course I do not know their internal structure, but if 40% of the team has been moved to other projects and then they announce a Pokemon Go project, it just doesn't sound good. On the other hand, 60% of devs is still quite a lot for maintenance and expansions when the core game is already done.

Good news is Steam numbers are slowly rising. The game is back to PS store and Steam reports more players, which hopefully gives new motivation for CDPR.
It's not even in their internal structure, it's just a branding thing. The devs that made and maintain Cyberpunk 2077 are within CDPR studios, the devs that made The Witcher: Monster Slayer are in a totally different studio which is just under CDPR branding. Kinda like Disney and Lucas Films. Both work independently, but one of them has the majority of shares of the other.

Some links:

https://thewitcher.com/us/en/monster-slayer (look at the bottom right)

https://spokko.com/o-nas/

https://www.vgr.com/cd-projekt-red-spokko-mobile-studio/
Post edited July 13, 2021 by Nephilim88
Nephilim88: (look at the bottom right)
Ah, it's developed by Spokko, not CDPR. Well, that's good. Then my initial feeling (which was all it was, a feeling) was unfounded. Glad to be wrong.

I understood you mean a different studio, as in "not by the Warsaw Studio, but by the Wroclaw Studio". But it's "not CDPR, but Spokko". And even if Spokko is a "member of the CDPR family", it is a separate company. Daughter company or recently acquired, I don't know, but still a separate company with separate work contracts for employees, so yeah, I don't think devs were transferred from Cyberpunk 2077 to Pokemon Go, unless they specifically wanted to change companies.

I'm always glad to be wrong when the thing I am wrong about is a negative thing.
Post edited July 13, 2021 by frogthroat
lordfirefox: The useful information is it's not crashing for everyone and there are people who are able to play the game without much issue. That's not hard to understand.
It shouldn't also be hard to understand that it's still pretty useless to me, now should it?
At any rate, once I downgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it stopped crashing. So we might add Windows 7 support to the list of lies CDPR told us.