It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

I'm using a left handed mouse, which switches the main buttons (left and right) by default. I'm able to change this setting in Windows, however it does not work in the game itself - the buttons stay inverted. Did anyone encounter this problem and possibly came up with a solution?
You're talking about primary and alternate fire (Mouse 1 and Mouse 2)?

Those should be possible to change bindings for in the game. I haven't tried it though.
PaladinNO: You're talking about primary and alternate fire (Mouse 1 and Mouse 2)?

Those should be possible to change bindings for in the game. I haven't tried it though.
Yup, those can be changed but in the menu/inventory UI it always stays the same.
flv2358: Yup, those can be changed but in the menu/inventory UI it always stays the same.
I tried swapping the aim and fire keys on my mouse, from the main menu, and it worked for me.
Mouse 2 Fire / Mouse 1 Aim.

Or wasn't this what you were trying to do?
flv2358: Yup, those can be changed but in the menu/inventory UI it always stays the same.
PaladinNO: I tried swapping the aim and fire keys on my mouse, from the main menu, and it worked for me.
Mouse 2 Fire / Mouse 1 Aim.

Or wasn't this what you were trying to do?
Yup, this works. What I mean is that in the menu, they always stay reversed e.g. I'm right clicking to select inventory items, menus etc.
flv2358: Yup, this works. What I mean is that in the menu, they always stay reversed e.g. I'm right clicking to select inventory items, menus etc.
Got it. So it isn't consistent in the menus and ingame. Okay, that is really weird.

I'm not lefthanded, so no personal experience on this, but from what I do know the ingame settings should be handled by the game (which does work), but the menus and anything "outside" the game (in any game) should be handled by the Windows settings (which doesn't work).

This is either a bug, or an incredible oversight by the developer team. No excuse that they didn't have any lefthanded programmers on staff, because this should have been considered long ago, or since implemented.

In this case, sorry, I don't know how to fix it.

There could be something here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ka504y/how_to_rebind_the_unrebindable_controls/

...but I can't read Cyberpunk 2077 Reddit properly, because they - in their infinite uselessness - have decided to mark everything Cyberpunk 2077 as "adult content", which requires an account.

The .xml-file referred to above can be opened with a text reader, like Notepad++.

EDIT:
I forgot to add the name and location of the file:
inputUserMappings.xml

...located in:
[X]:\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config
Post edited August 06, 2023 by PaladinNO
flv2358: Yup, this works. What I mean is that in the menu, they always stay reversed e.g. I'm right clicking to select inventory items, menus etc.
PaladinNO: Got it. So it isn't consistent in the menus and ingame. Okay, that is really weird.

I'm not lefthanded, so no personal experience on this, but from what I do know the ingame settings should be handled by the game (which does work), but the menus and anything "outside" the game (in any game) should be handled by the Windows settings (which doesn't work).

This is either a bug, or an incredible oversight by the developer team. No excuse that they didn't have any lefthanded programmers on staff, because this should have been considered long ago, or since implemented.

In this case, sorry, I don't know how to fix it.

There could be something here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ka504y/how_to_rebind_the_unrebindable_controls/

...but I can't read Cyberpunk 2077 Reddit properly, because they - in their infinite uselessness - have decided to mark everything Cyberpunk 2077 as "adult content", which requires an account.

The .xml-file referred to above can be opened with a text reader, like Notepad++.
Thanks! This actually works, however it seems there's quite a lot of buttons to remap so I'll have to go through trial and error to make it work. Still, it's a working solution.

Speaking about this thing in general - you'd be surprised how many games apply this weird solution of completely ignoring windows settings when it comes to mouse settings. Several very big FPS series suffer from this, which is kinda weird since it looks like a very simple thing to fix. E.g. Resident Evil 2 Remake offers an option to simply switch the mouse buttons in-game.
Just invert the value in UserSettings.json file located in
"C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\UserSettings.json".

Swap value "IK_RightMouse" to "IK_LeftMouse".

Look at the my image example file
Attachments:
Is this ever going to get fixed?
For anyone struggling with this, like I did:

My solution for the game not recognizing the swapped mouse buttons was the following:

Made sure the game is not running.

In the Game folder, I edited the following file:

Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml

In this file I replaced all occurrences of IK_LeftMouse with IK_RightMouse ad vice versa.

After that the game worked as if it recognized the swapped mouse buttons and as every other game does.

I guess after each update I will have to edit the file again, which is a shame.

It also is a shame that a game studio as big as CD Project Red is not able (or more likely not willing) to fix this problem. This is hurting left handed players.