It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys, it's cool your fixing issues "some" people have "some" of the time. That stuff does need taaken care of but...

It would be nice if you would fix the issues that "everyone" has "all the time" first, ya, that would be better I think.

You know, like being not being able to rebind "all" the keys, ya, that one affects everyone. Fixing that, first, would be great.

But thanks, good work on those "little" issues.
yepp, there seems to be no hope for this game, unless they come out with something more substantial on the day the game returns to the PSN store.
Im not following whats going on with this game so closely anymore, but there seems to be radio silence regarding anything about this game.
This newest patch, while appreciated, it is quite unremarkable, just some basic bug fixes. The game needs a hell of a lot more than this.
I know CDPR has its major issues with the hacks and legal battles, but the fact that they moved more than half of the team to other projects does not bode well. Im losing hope that this game will ever live up to a fraction of its potential.
Sad :/
I do not know CDPR's internal structure, but in general software development doesn't work that way.

If you have 100 bugs, 60 of them minor and quick fixes, 30 of them medium and 10 of them critical that might take a long time, you have different people fixing different bugs.

Those 60 minor bugs will be fixed much faster. Junior developers can fix one after the other while senior developers struggle with the critical bugs. While the minor bugs can be fixed a few per day, the critical ones can take a week, a month, even more per bug.

Software development is not a monolith where the whole team fixes one bug at a time.

And since they have the fixes for minor bugs, why shouldn't they release the hotfix already?
Csumbi: they moved more than half of the team to other projects
Wait, when did this happen? I am going to need some sauce with this one.

The last I read was that they have 40% of the team working on bugs. That leaves 60% of the team working on something else -- and what is this "something else"? My guess is DLCs and expansions. In fact, in the same article they said expansions (yes, they used plural) are coming.

Have they since moved those 60% of people out of the team to some other project? Do you have a link?
Csumbi: they moved more than half of the team to other projects
frogthroat: Wait, when did this happen? I am going to need some sauce with this one.

The last I read was that they have 40% of the team working on bugs. That leaves 60% of the team working on something else -- and what is this "something else"? My guess is DLCs and expansions. In fact, in the same article they said expansions (yes, they used plural) are coming.

Have they since moved those 60% of people out of the team to some other project? Do you have a link?
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-will-live-up-to-what-we-promised-cd-projekt-boss-says/

"other unannounced projects" what this exactly means? i dont know, but if it would be related to CP2077 why wouldnt he just say so?
Csumbi: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-will-live-up-to-what-we-promised-cd-projekt-boss-says/

"other unannounced projects" what this exactly means? i dont know, but if it would be related to CP2077 why wouldnt he just say so?
Man, that doesn't really say anything. Sounds like Corpo talk. Talk a lot, say nothing.

Earlier they said 40% remain fixing bugs. It was assumed 60% are then creating new content. But with this I have no idea what they are doing.

"There are teams, smaller teams, in transformation, preparing to work on such content,"

So could be the 60% is doing DLCs, expansions and perhaps other projects. Who knows. This is now very cryptic.

And in this case, yeah, silence is not a good thing. Communicate what you do, dagnabbit.
I've got to be honest. I appreciate the patches, but they made a lot of money off this game. The least they could have done is make the game polished as much as possible before introducing more code to interact with existing bugs, breaking more stuff.
frogthroat: I do not know CDPR's internal structure, but in general software development doesn't work that way.

If you have 100 bugs, 60 of them minor and quick fixes, 30 of them medium and 10 of them critical that might take a long time, you have different people fixing different bugs.

Those 60 minor bugs will be fixed much faster. Junior developers can fix one after the other while senior developers struggle with the critical bugs. While the minor bugs can be fixed a few per day, the critical ones can take a week, a month, even more per bug.

Software development is not a monolith where the whole team fixes one bug at a time.

And since they have the fixes for minor bugs, why shouldn't they release the hotfix already?
You're not wrong, but there's something you're missing here... the issue of rebinding keys, which is a major one and was mentioned by the OP, is not a bug. And it's not terribly hard to fix either. The way things are going, it looks like CDPR will never do it, and I for one feel it's a game breaker. Not even AutoHotKey helps in this game's case, and it's ridiculous that we have to go to great lengths modding the game just to be able to rebind our keys - and even that is more of a hassle than it needs to be, since mods to allow key binding are few and incomplete. All the other problems in the game I could deal with, but having to jump through crazy hoops just to rebind my keys (and each patch broke the mod I used to do it, forcing me to look for new ones) was what made me uninstall it.

So, yeah, while I agree with you in general, I still feel there are some things CDPR could be fixing in this game that would please a lot of people - much more than those small bugfixes.
Post edited June 28, 2021 by Truehare
Truehare: there's something you're missing here... the issue of rebinding keys, which is a major one and was mentioned by the OP, is not a bug.
I do not know their internal bug/quality of life fix/feature request backlog, nor do I know how they prioritise said issues.

This sounds like a quality of life fix, not a bugfix. I would assume bugfixes have a higher priority -- and even bugs are most likely prioritised where fatal/critical bugs are fixed first and low priority (small non-game breaking glitches) are fixed after them. But I do not know if this is how they categorise the existing issues. Do you?
Truehare: it looks like CDPR will never do it,
How do you know this?

Sounds like speculation without facts.
Truehare: And it's not terribly hard to fix either.
vs
Truehare: Not even AutoHotKey helps in this game's case
Is it or isn't it hard to fix?

Point being: anyone who speculates about development time without actually having all the data from the developers has no clue about software development.

And again, there are actual legitimate issues that people could complain about. In relation to not fixing fast enough, the security vulnerability modders found and which took a couple of weeks to fix was one where you could say they should have fixed it faster. Although the fix may affect many areas that need to be retested and that slows everything down, but in case of security issues that should go all the way to the top in development. Hopefully the slow patching of the security risk was due to the fix affecting too many functions that had to be re-tested and fixed, and not because of negligence of security risks.
Truehare: . The way things are going, it looks like CDPR will never do it,
Good news.

https://kotaku.com/dev-cyberpunk-2077-now-actually-ready-six-months-after-1847185799

This means they can start adding quality of life improvements and more content.
@frogthroat

Truehare has fully grasped the meaning of my sarcasm.

#1 It's a major pain in the arse not being able to rebind the action key.

Why is there no walk key, this is a basic function?

Don't get me started on how fucking stupid double-tap dodge is. If you've never moved in any direction, stopped, and then moved a little bit more in the same direction, for any reason that was not to 'dodge' in a video game, you're 1 in a million.

#2 It's not hard to fix in this game.

Many end users are able to dig into the json and xml files and figure out how to customize the keybinds themselves, even adding them to the ingame keybinding menu, so it's a given that the developers of the game could do so "very easily". We're talking editing text, not code.

I myself have a post on here explaining how to setup a manual dodge keybind.

#3 That it is so easy to remedy and so many people have complained about it does give one the feeling that it will never be addressed by the developers.

These aren't bugs, they are bad design descisions that are repeated with every patch.
MadeUpName556: Many end users are able to dig into the json and xml files and figure out how to customize the keybinds themselves, even adding them to the ingame keybinding menu, so it's a given that the developers of the game could do so "very easily". We're talking editing text, not code.
Even if the keybindings were hard coded, it would still not be a very difficult thing to change -- for them, at least. I just found it amusing when Truehare first said "it's not difficult" and then almost in the next sentence "even XYZ doesn't work".

MadeUpName556: #3 That it is so easy to remedy and so many people have complained about it does give one the feeling that it will never be addressed by the developers.

These aren't bugs, they are bad design descisions that are repeated with every patch.
Yeah, devs are in a bad spot at the moment. If they would release those free DLCs, paid expansions and quality of life improvements, every console player and many PC players would be up in arms for them not fixing bugs before adding extra stuff in the game.

If they only release bugfixes, those with fewer bugs will complain about missing features and why their favourite pet peeve hasn't been fixed yet.

Doesn't matter what they do or don't do, someone will be unhappy.

But they now consider the game to be at a satisfying level. This means next updates might contain more than just bugfixes.
I'm unhappy but not really over Cuberpynk. I'm more unsatisfied with the general willingness of humanity to get to cuberpynk's status quo sooner rather than later.

Yes, I know, but you see, I couldn't help myself. I'm tired and about to go to bed, and when I post when I'm tired, shenanigans tend to happen.