It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So for whatever reason the updat failed to apply twice. And for what ever reason when it fails to apply, it decides to download the 54 gigs again. My question is; what happened to the 54 gigs of data of the previous attempt? I believe the reason for the failure was that there was not enough room for both the temp download file AND application to the game. Needing 54gbs each for both when I only had 105gb space. But I wasn't given a reason why it failed, it just attempted to apply, failed, deleted all downloaded files and started to download again. All without notice. I have decided to delete the game and am redownloading as the file size makes little difference. But still, WTF??
I had the same problem (and reported it, but I doubt it will help).

I couldn't find what it had downloaded so I assume it was deleted when the download restarted immediately.

I'm trying to install it from scratch now too, but I'm not finished yet. The download size is indeed the same anyway. I even had to kill a few remnant processes of Galaxy before deleting the last files (after uninstalling the game), because something had crashed when the update failed (which means the new attempt was sure to fail too).

It's not the first time I have this problem with Galaxy.

PS: Make sure to remove any mods you may have.
Post edited September 22, 2023 by redglyph
SAME PROBLEM.
iamable: So for whatever reason the updat failed to apply twice. And for what ever reason when it fails to apply, it decides to download the 54 gigs again. My question is; what happened to the 54 gigs of data of the previous attempt? I believe the reason for the failure was that there was not enough room for both the temp download file AND application to the game. Needing 54gbs each for both when I only had 105gb space. But I wasn't given a reason why it failed, it just attempted to apply, failed, deleted all downloaded files and started to download again. All without notice. I have decided to delete the game and am redownloading as the file size makes little difference. But still, WTF??
I had the same problem for a while. Here is what helped me: open the installation folder and open "unins001". it will ask you if you want to uninstall REDmod and its components. Press yes and try to update Cyberpunk again (if you already downloaded it, just hit "retry").
This time it worked for me :)
Thanks Domencion-DE. That worked for me.
iamable: So for whatever reason the updat failed to apply twice. And for what ever reason when it fails to apply, it decides to download the 54 gigs again. My question is; what happened to the 54 gigs of data of the previous attempt? I believe the reason for the failure was that there was not enough room for both the temp download file AND application to the game. Needing 54gbs each for both when I only had 105gb space. But I wasn't given a reason why it failed, it just attempted to apply, failed, deleted all downloaded files and started to download again. All without notice. I have decided to delete the game and am redownloading as the file size makes little difference. But still, WTF??
Domencion-DE: I had the same problem for a while. Here is what helped me: open the installation folder and open "unins001". it will ask you if you want to uninstall REDmod and its components. Press yes and try to update Cyberpunk again (if you already downloaded it, just hit "retry").
This time it worked for me :)
for me unins001.exe wants to uninstall phantom liberty and not Redmod. Any clues?
What worked for me was restarting the GOG Galaxy client as an administrator. Just kill the app and right-click it on your start menu -> more -> run as administrator. That allowed me to download the Phantom Liberty while in previous tries it was stopping at 3% with a "Connection Failed| 3E" error.