It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ask and you shall be deceived…

INDIKA is OUT NOW on GOG with a -10% launch discount, as well as its OST, Artbook, and Deluxe Edition.

It’s a third-person, story-driven game set in a strange world where religious visions clash with harsh reality. It tells the story of a young nun who sets off on a journey of self-discovery with the most unusual, horn-headed companion by her side.

On the outside, Indika seems to be a typical nun attempting to adjust to a difficult and monotonous monastery life. Humble and innocent in her appearance, do not be deceived as this young girl has also made a highly unlikely acquaintance—as she speaks with the devil himself.

Discover and enjoy an indie game where everything goes – play INDIKA now!
MarkoH01: Well ... it is a bit more complex I'd say ... and it has to do with how you interpret things written in the bible. Here's some interesting read:

https://www.hrc.org/resources/what-does-the-bible-say-about-homosexuality
Thanks for sharing, your point is acknowledged :)

(that said: the article in question is not solid in terms of logic: "For Christians to whom the Bible is God’s very written word" followed by "[they study what it says by] exploring the linguistic, historical and cultural context within which the words were written" in other words, not God's written word. I lol'd at the "putting these discoveries in conversation with what we know to be true of the character of God more broadly": this is a American Christian opinion piece which is trying to reconcile a set of old beliefs with modern society - again in their words "we can jump into how it is that Christians can maintain the authority of the Bible and also affirm sexual diversity" - there is no questioning of WHY you'd need to maintain the authority of the Bible, and typically no questioning of the idea of this God character (nothing is defined, everything is vague)! so not a scientific paper, but I understand the point was to say that there are Christians who are tolerant of sexual diversity, of course - some beliefs die out, others evolve, new ones emerge all the time)
MarkoH01: Well ... it is a bit more complex I'd say ... and it has to do with how you interpret things written in the bible. Here's some interesting read:

https://www.hrc.org/resources/what-does-the-bible-say-about-homosexuality
Sat42: Thanks for sharing, your point is acknowledged :)

(that said: the article in question is not solid in terms of logic: "For Christians to whom the Bible is God’s very written word" followed by "[they study what it says by] exploring the linguistic, historical and cultural context within which the words were written" in other words, not God's written word. I lol'd at the "putting these discoveries in conversation with what we know to be true of the character of God more broadly": this is a American Christian opinion piece which is trying to reconcile a set of old beliefs with modern society - again in their words "we can jump into how it is that Christians can maintain the authority of the Bible and also affirm sexual diversity" - there is no questioning of WHY you'd need to maintain the authority of the Bible, and typically no questioning of the idea of this God character (nothing is defined, everything is vague)! so not a scientific paper, but I understand the point was to say that there are Christians who are tolerant of sexual diversity, of course - some beliefs die out, others evolve, new ones emerge all the time)
Not only that the bible is the word of God, but that word changes depending on which version you read. You would think that the omnipotetn God would be able to make sure his word is correct.

Hoever, the main part from that article is that they do not show the full bible vers. If we read the full vers in ASV, for example, Leviticus 20:13 in full says:

"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

That is very clear. Gay sex betwenn men (not women, mind you, beacuse this bible view on men and women is very different. I guess God, who sees all, have a problem looking at male-male sex, but have no problem with a bit of gril-girl action), calls for the killing of those who participate. You really need to massage this to make it mean anything else. And that is the infallable word of God. So if you are a follower you should advocate for the killing of male gay people. (just as the protector of the faith Matt Powell has stated many times.)
amok: Not only that the bible is the word of God, but that word changes depending on which version you read. You would think that the omnipotetn God would be able to make sure his word is correct.

Hoever, the main part from that article is that they do not show the full bible vers. If we read the full vers in ASV, for example, Leviticus 20:13 in full says:

"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

That is very clear. Gay sex betwenn men (not women, mind you, beacuse this bible view on men and women is very different. I guess God, who sees all, have a problem looking at male-male sex, but have no problem with a bit of gril-girl action), calls for the killing of those who participate. You really need to massage this to make it mean anything else. And that is the infallable word of God. So if you are a follower you should advocate for the killing of male gay people. (just as the protector of the faith Matt Powell has stated many times.)
Yeah, pretty much, thanks for your input!
It's a very common thing to have people hold onto all kinds of contradictions - human cultural evolution is complex, people inherit a lot of stuff in more or less messy ways, and not everyone is given the chance to develop critical thinking (and if you don't have easy access to the full picture it's obviously difficult!)
amok: Hoever, the main part from that article is that they do not show the full bible vers. If we read the full vers in ASV, for example, Leviticus 20:13 in full says:

That is very clear. Gay sex betwenn men calls for the killing of those who participate. You really need to massage this to make it mean anything else. And that is the infallable word of God. So if you are a follower you should advocate for the killing of male gay people. (just as the protector of the faith Matt Powell has stated many times.)
It's also clear that the bible is not written by god but by several different people ... it then has been translated several times so imo it is pretty naive to say that you should really take everything written in it literally and word by word ... even if you'd WANT to do that you could not since the bible itself is contradicting itself several times BECAUSE it is written by differnet people with different views.
amok: Hoever, the main part from that article is that they do not show the full bible vers. If we read the full vers in ASV, for example, Leviticus 20:13 in full says:

That is very clear. Gay sex betwenn men calls for the killing of those who participate. You really need to massage this to make it mean anything else. And that is the infallable word of God. So if you are a follower you should advocate for the killing of male gay people. (just as the protector of the faith Matt Powell has stated many times.)
MarkoH01: It's also clear that the bible is not written by god but by several different people ... it then has been translated several times so imo it is pretty naive to say that you should really take everything written in it literally and word by word ... even if you'd WANT to do that you could not since the bible itself is contradicting itself several times BECAUSE it is written by differnet people with different views.
indeed, it is not the word of God, it is the word of people. And it was people in the early ages who knew noting about morality, truth and the world around them apart from a very local context at the time they lived in. It is the word of a ruling people who created rules to create and maintain control over the people around them.
MarkoH01: Christianity is all about acceptance and tolerance
lord_mendes: But not acceptance and tolerance of evil and sexual perversion.
Only because sth. has been written ages ago in a book that has been translated a few times does not make it a sexual perversion. I really pity you if you think that way.

lord_mendes: You can be homosexual and live with it – that's your choice. Most people (including Christians) have no problem with such people. No one will insult you or condemn you for your mental disorder.
Calling homosexuality a mental disorder in 2024 ... and here I am thinking that we have evolved - I guess not.

I am heterosexual myself but I will never understand how anyone could ever have a problem with a person's love just because they are of the same sex. It is so stupid and intolerant.

However your words showed me that it is useless to argue with you ao I will stop trying.
I can't fault the marketing. I keep seeing ads pop up for it on YT.
MarkoH01: I am heterosexual myself but I will never understand how anyone could ever have a problem with a person's love just because they are of the same sex. It is so stupid and intolerant.

However your words showed me that it is useless to argue with you ao I will stop trying.
To stop trying, you should at least try to START trying. :)

Now read my post again and realize the difference between an individual's homosexuality and LGBT propaganda.

[removed by mod]
Post edited May 10, 2024 by king_kunat
I fully agree with lord_mendes previous post there.

But, this is NOT the place for the atheist vs Christian and LGBT vs "straight" conflicts to be waged.
However, such "Satanic" content dogshit does seem to attract it's flies doesn't it MrCaine and atreyu666? So I suppose it is inevitable. Atreyu666 - so Satanism is "tolerant" and Satan is our pal huh? Would you also have been such a gobshite against Islam, or Judaism, or Atheism? Bet not as you know you might get comeback from it.

Well, hopefully you might get more from the devil than you bargained for.

If this game had an "anti-Muslim" or "anti-Semetic" theme, GOG would never have even started such this thread. Or locked it to stop people trolling. In fact, GOG would probably have never even risked hosting the game full stop.

But Christians have no protection from "political correctness". They are easy prey, and the trolls full well know they will not even be given a "naughty boy" for it.

Meanwhile the developers are rubbing their hands. This is all exactly the kind of attention getting they want!
Post edited May 06, 2024 by JMayer70
high rated
oh great, the trash of the internet crawled out of their holes to give some much needed hot takes on gay people once again :D
high rated
XYCat: oh great, the trash of the internet crawled out of their holes to give some much needed hot takes on gay people once again :D
Of all that has been said, is this really the only thing that bothered you in this thread?
For me, it's more the fact that every time someone goes on an incredibly insane rant about a game, there's someone with an opposing, yet equally insane opinion on the other side.

How is the game, damn it?
high rated
JMayer70: However, such "Satanic" content dogshit ....
ROFL ... satanic? We are talking about a stupid videogame ... please come back into reality.
JMayer70: However, such "Satanic" content dogshit ....
MarkoH01: ROFL ... satanic? We are talking about a stupid videogame ... please come back into reality.
There you go DarkBattler, MarkoH01 deems it "stupid". Which I agree with. "Dogshit" I believe I deemed it.
And yes it DOES actually have "satanic" content! It involves "the devil"! Did you read the store description? As such it attracts Beavis and Butthead style (word censored becuase it offends brutaltruth99 - poor little soul) "flies".
Reality checks all fine at this end! Advise you check yours!

PS/ If THIS overall thread is the level of discourse from "intellectual" GOG members, I wonder what the situation is with this game's forum,and all it's zit-squeezing teen contributors, over on Steam?
PPS/ The "high rated" indicator clearly shows who all the "GOG clique" members are too! I'm definately NOT one of them.
MarkoH01: ROFL ... satanic? We are talking about a stupid videogame ... please come back into reality.
JMayer70: There you go DarkBattler, MarkoH01 deems it "stupid". Which I agree with. "Dogshit" I believe I deemed it.
And yes it IS "satanic"! It involves "the devil"! Did you read the store description? As such it attracts Beavis and Butthead style idiots (ie the "flies").
Reality is fine at this end matey. You maybe should try adjusting yours?!

PS/ If THIS is the level of discourse here on "enlightened" GOG, I wonder what the situation is with this game's forum,and all the zit-squeezing teen contributors, over on Steam?
FYI ~ https://steamcommunity.com/app/1373960/discussions/

A "Representative" Review
Using the irrelevance of my review in the game's approval rating as an excuse for sharing a negative impression. I don't particularly like giving small developers or artists in general "grief," but this just bored me to tears enough that only an attempt at articulating my disinterest will satisfy the forfeited hours and $19.99.

I think the acceptance of video games as art (they are) too often lies in the ability for games to present themselves as "cinematic" or "mature," which INDIKA immediately exudes. It has a stark setting and premise unlike those seen in the majority of mainstream releases, and bases itself on topics of religion and guilt almost equally uncommon in video games.

Sure, nice.

Where INDIKA caught my eye was in the flashes of eclectic 2D segments, or the mocking tone of some of the marketing material. Maybe this grim and serious game wasn't as dry as it appeared? And to its credit, I think the most interesting parts of the game are the 2D interludes, flashing back to Indika's past to peel away layers of what makes her tick, and the opening scenes of monotony where you're asked to labor over getting water from a well. When the game uses its gaminess to prove a point is when it succeeds.

But the truth is, beyond that, things peter out. The story takes on layers of ambiguity and surrealism that I've seen compared to Wojciech Has or Bela Tarr films, but whereas films like Werckmeister Harmonies or Lars von Trier's Europa exude a foreboding atmosphere through the devices of their medium (long takes, dramatic lighting, etc) INDIKA continues to play as a droll, I hate the label, "walking simulator."

Really makes you appreciate how Kojima and his team made Death Stranding so engaging, or how fun it is to just roll around in Katamari Damacy.

The point that I think INDIKA and a lot of art games miss is that the act of playing, manipulating the game, is what should be zeroed in on in terms of eliciting a response from the player. Crackdown is as much a work of art for how jumping 50 feet in the air feels as Journey is for how it effortlessly and mysteriously connects you with strangers. The feedback of a DOOM shotgun is as poetic a manipulation of code, visual, and sonic feedback as Hemingway's description of a bullfight's harsh light and dusty arena.

I don't really care for Hemingway, so the point if moot if you don't buy into it.

As a jaunt through an imaginary world, INDIKA is perhaps worth the investment. "Investment," being a cruel way of deciding whether to engage with a work of art, but maybe true. Clearly the game has taken off, and I wish it and similar visions and commitments to expression nothing but success. I guess the alternative means of bringing something like this to life through animation or a live-action production would simply be unfeasible. Would love to see StudioCanal greenlight a couple hundred million to make sets like the locations in INDIKA.

Yeah right!

I watched The Devil and Daniel Webster a few days before impulsively buying this, so I was just sort of in the mood for a little Faustian stuff I guess.
Suprisingly "high brow" review for a Steamster. Usually they just say "iz gam".
KeoniBoy you too seem a bit shall we say, "a lover", of anything "devil". It's not healthy dude! Believe me, he won't reward you for it. Contrary to what "Butthead" might say, he is NOT "huh huh huh..... cool". Maybe you should perhaps worship something like "Darwin" instead! You can still be the anti-Christian edgelord and the worst thing Darwin can do to you is tickle you in the night with his ghostly beard!

:D :D

Before you all start whinging, that's meant to be taken with "humour". Even though that is something "the devil" and his "lackeys" are not known for.

Mind you, I must ask myself why I'm even "defending God" here, he (or any of the others for that matter) don't really go all out to help us mere human microbes these days. Will probably have to wait for an "apocalypse" to be due for any of that! You know, just like politicans when it's election time!