It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Choose a career. Choose your friends. Choose life.

Kenshi is now available out of In Development, DRM-free.

You are but another face in the crowd. Gather a group of other slobs, train them to become fighters, maybe start a rebellion against the slavers - make a difference. Or you can lead the quiet life of a farmer instead, as long as you can keep the beasts and cannibals at bay. This is a build-your-own-story sandbox RPG/RTS in a huge world full of opportunities, ruthless people, and random acts of cruelty.
Telika: Yes but : is it good ?
Yes. It is good.

Except for Martial Artists. They need to be hit with a nerf bat. Repeatedly.
Hmm... ok, one for the higher ranks on my wishlist.
Lukaszmik: Except for Martial Artists. They need to be hit with a nerf bat. Repeatedly.
Theres nothing funnier than a high level martial artist with Industrial Lifter Arms flailing into a pack of Fogmen though!
Post edited December 06, 2018 by Sachys
wtf that game looks messed up
Holy shit, it's finally released! This was an Early Access game that has been in EA for years over at steam, I'm blown away that it finally released, and made it over here! Thanks, gog/Low Fi games!

EDIT: My mistake, I did not know it was InDev here, otherwise I would have wishlisted it here earlier instead of WL it over on steam, I guess I was overjoyed at seeing it here instead of steam!
Post edited December 07, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
Wow never thought i would see the day. Will have to play it now that it iis at 1.0. Gratz on the devlopment team for getting to this milestone.
This looks quite interesting! Any word about the possibility of a Linux version being worked on? Or experiences with it running under wine? (appdb has it both as Garbage and Platinum, which is not exactly hopeful)
takezodunmer2005: Holy shit, it's finally released! This was an Early Access game that has been in EA for years over at steam, I'm blown away that it finally released, and made it over here! Thanks, gog/Low Fi games!
You make it sound like it hadn't been on GOG for over 2 years already. ;)
takezodunmer2005: Holy shit, it's finally released! This was an Early Access game that has been in EA for years over at steam, I'm blown away that it finally released, and made it over here! Thanks, gog/Low Fi games!
Mr.Mumbles: You make it sound like it hadn't been on GOG for over 2 years already. ;)
Well, this is new info for me! Thanks, I'll edit my post!
SirPrimalform: I... think I have this on Gamersgate. They've doubtless swapped it for a Steam key by now. Maybe it'll show up on Connect?
A +1 for Connect. I bought this years ago. I thought it was Desura, but now that you mention it, it might have been Gamersgate. I do have it on Steam, so wherever I bought it, they did put Steam keys out.
When I last played and reviewed version 0.98.55b of Kenshi around September/October this year, my overall impression was one of disappointment if I'm completely honest. The best way I can describe my thoughts were that this game had huge potential, lot's of great ideas - perhaps too many - but few of them were fully realised in either form or functionality.

If you like sandbox games and basically making up your own story within the Kenshi world, this game will definitely scratch that itch. However, the last version I played wasn't without a great many flaws and frustrations in gameplay, broken quests and functions, not to mention poorly very optimised and sluggish even on an optimal PC.

As I already own the game here at GOG I'm downloading version 1.0 now to take another look, as we speak, crossing my fingers that many of the frustrating elements are now resolved at full release. Some won't be, because following the latter stages of development, last time I looked properly, they suggested that certain things I'd hoped for wouldn't be implemented or improved further, which is a shame.

Nevertheless, my hope is that modders will jump on the opportunity to make this the game it truly deserves to be. In general, though, I honestly think this game will be like Marmite for those who try it, because you'll either love it or hate it.
I've been keeping an eye on this one, though I'm not quite ready to jump on it just yet. A cross between Gothic and M&B could be really good or really, really dysfunctional and I have a few other things to worry about in the short term anyway.
You can get the soundtrack on Steam, but It looks like GOG doesn't have it right now. If you want it, don't worry. You can get it on Bandcamp.

https://koleaudiosolutions.bandcamp.com/album/kenshi-original-soundtrack
MobiusArcher: You can get the soundtrack on Steam, but It looks like GOG doesn't have it right now. If you want it, don't worry. You can get it on Bandcamp.

https://koleaudiosolutions.bandcamp.com/album/kenshi-original-soundtrack
We're working on getting that sorted, sorry about the delay :)
I had no idea what this game was about but the in depth spoiler free posts from Sachys really got me intrigued. This game may be the one I have been looking for, a game to get completely immersed in without the tired tropes of rpgs such as fetch quests, skill trees, click fest combats. Its definitely going on my wishlist for when i have money to splurge