It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The circle is now complete… Let's do another one!

STAR WARS Episode I: Racer is now available, only on GOG.com, with a 15% launch discount until May 8, 5pm UTC.
It's back! The game that perfectly captured the high-velocity spirit of the memorable podracing sequence in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, returns. Pick your character and zoom across several challenging tracks, including the dunes of Tatooine, where young Anakin Skywalker made himself a legend.

Also, enjoy more galactic adventures through timeless, DRM-free STAR WARS classics up to 66% off in the May The 4th sale, including STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, STAR WARS: Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and STAR WARS: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter! The deals are available until May 8th, 5 PM UTC.
high rated
General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

If you're experiencing black screen / crash on launch, please try the following:

- Before starting the game, change video resolution to your desktop one (or the closest match). if that fails, try falling back to 1024x768. Video settings can be found under GOG Galaxy HERE
-- or in Start Menu HERE.
- Close any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially ones overlay-based like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, GeForce Experience, FRAPS etc.
- If running multiple screen setup, try switching to a single monitor.

If none of the above helps, please send your DxDiag to our Support team HERE. The more information we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the problem.

May the Force serve you well.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by Thiev
high rated
tfishell: Any tips of things to tweak if necessary?
Start with setting game resolution close to your desktop one before launching the game. Game might panic if scaling difference would be too big ;) Video settings are linked as separate shortcut.

Other than that there is little possibility in tweaking, I'm afraid. It was a console port after all ;)
high rated
tfishell: [...]
Let me commemorate working on this title:

http://i.imgur.com/vVKkIvy.gif
tfishell: Lol, damn. Better or worse or about the same to Carmageddon? (I recall that was a hell of a pain to test.)
Just different. But definitely more enjoyable.

darthspudius: That's a beautiful gif!
My work signature for years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
high rated
kokosabre: Got the game, runs fine(still trying to see where is that " Video settings are linked as separate shortcut.")
tinyE: [...]
Link to video settings can be found both in GOG Galaxy and Start Menu. If it's missing for some obscure reason, you can run main executable with -v parameter.
pe7ouill3: Hi guys,

The game crash just after the launch...
Any solution? I already tried XP and 98 compatibility

windows 7 64bits
All drivers up to date etc
thx
Did you change video resolution?
tinyE: how do you change the resolution? I didn't see anything for that, in game or a separate program.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_episode_i_racer_ab444/post41
high rated
Veloxi: Hey GOG, quick question, how do you get multiplayer working with this one? VLAN? Galaxy?

I bought it, I just wanna know how to get this done. Thanks!
Only LAN mode is supported. Sorry for the confusion, I updated the gamecard.
kingdomfiend: Crashing on launch, resolution is set correctly. Wish I could get it to start
OS? card? Any overlay-like applications in the background (FRAPS, GeForce Experience etc)?
First step would be trying to close as many unneeded programs as possible.

kingdomfiend: If it works over LAN, does that imply multiplayer via something like hamachi is possible?
It wasn't tested by us and I can't really say. But hamachi is usually quite reliable.
Post edited May 01, 2018 by Thiev
MulderYuffie: rdroid_gnome release build has stopped working. Did not read any posts can anyone help? Thanks!
Try changing resolution to match your desktop in Video Settings:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_episode_i_racer_ab444/post41
Lemon_Curry: [...]
SR3 gamecard already has note about LAN-only availability .
Ansob: I'm also getting crashes at launch, despite the game resolution being set to the same as my desktop resolution. I'm assuming a missing dependency of some kind?
Please send DxDiag to our Support, it will help us pinpoint the problem: :: CLICKY ::
I suspect not dependencies but more like some app / overlay conflict - but without proper info I can only have general troubleshooting.
Post edited May 01, 2018 by Thiev