It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG is coming soon to GOG.COM.

Inspired by genre classics, Encased is an isometric RPG set in a sci-fi post-apocalyptic setting. Explore its open world, create weapons and armors, search for mysterious artifacts, recruit followers, join different factions and help them achieve their goals. You're calling the shots here and the game will change and react based on your actions.
-Nachtmahr-: Why was it cancelled? Gog's shady curation system again?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_wargroove_32517/post87
pkk234: 'Coming SOON'
I was like "Hey, this looks neat!". Go to my wishlist, already wishlisted it back in February xD
gogtrial34987: Looks interesting. Any word on the likelihood of Linux support at some point?
A few months ago, dev's statement about Linux support:

Hello, Liam.
Yes, Linux is planned as promised. Linux (as well Mac) will not be available at Early-Access.
It's normally will be available either on release with other personal computer versions or within the first month if we get in any trouble (which we may, of course, be - we are an indie studio after all).
Best. I hope this clarifies things.
Nice, another KS project I backed
Nice. I backed this. Glad to see it is coming to GOG
Nice, looking forward to getting my backer key and trying it out :)
gogtrial34987: Looks interesting. Any word on the likelihood of Linux support at some point?
ciemnogrodzianin: A few months ago, dev's statement about Linux support:

Hello, Liam.
Yes, Linux is planned as promised. Linux (as well Mac) will not be available at Early-Access.
It's normally will be available either on release with other personal computer versions or within the first month if we get in any trouble (which we may, of course, be - we are an indie studio after all).
ciemnogrodzianin:
Thanks, that's very hopeful! Fingers crossed that they won't run into any trouble. (And that their Linux version will indeed make it here to gog!)

Hello, Liam.
ciemnogrodzianin:
That sounds good. Hopefully they will finish the Linux version and bring it to GOG.
low rated
MIND = BLOWN!
what is this amazing hidden gem!? Where DID THIS COME FROM?

This looks cool, and I mean really cool. I hope it's a reasonable price, because then I wont hesitate to instantly throw my money at it and buy it as quickly as possible and play it and enjoy it like crazy. If it's good, I'm going to proceed to recommend it to everyone who asks me for help in looking for a good game. If this is just a fair buy, and the game is awesome, word of mouth is going to spread this like wildfire. This will probably even top UnderRail.

I also hope that there is a modding community outside of steam. Steam is a nightmare for Gog game owners because more often than not, it's pretty much impossible to download mods from the steam workshop unless you both have a steam account AND own the game on steam... Many Gog users often never have access to any mods because of the modding community being hard-locked into steam workshop.

I really hope that this game (if any mods were to even be a part of the game) has a modding community situated on a website where anyone can have easy access to any and all mods for the game, and be able to download them without creating an account. I can understand accounts being necessary for uploading a mod that many others will download, but for someone who is only looking to download a mod that someone else already made, I don't want to create an account. Moddb is a decent example of this style of modding community. Just go to the mods, click to download, instantly go to play the game. easy and simple.

It doesn't have to be moddb, but if it is, I would be happy about that. modding communities like nexus drive me insane because users are blocked from downloading mods unless the make an account first... makes no sense and just creates an extra step of inconvenience.

Anyway, this game is a total shock and surprise to me. I'm extremely hyped about it and I don't know how to contain myself. Should I just spazz out and drop on the floor kicking and screaming with hype? Or should I just make 200 smoothies for no reason? Where do I put this energy of pure excitement?

Encased Devs, Dark Crystal Games / Black Tower Entertainment, Thank you for making this game. Part of me wants to scream "RELEASE GAME NOW!!!!" and part of me wants to say "Please take all the time you need to ensure the game is a masterpiece".

Edit: Nexus also does not allow mod downloads without account creation. I do not like Nexus... :(

God Speed.
-Nachtmahr-: Release date is September 26th, I don't know why GoG hides it. This and Stygian should satisfy my rpg needs
O_O ARE YOU SURE!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? if so, that's great!
Post edited September 15, 2019 by fridgeband
Pre-ordering is still available too, btw:
http://encasedgame.com/preorder

As confirmed by the devs, you'll be able to switch and get a key for GoG instead.
fridgeband: MIND = BLOWN!
Is that what Nexus mods is used for ? Plenty of games have mods released via nexus and quite a few which are only on Nexus and dont bother relasing on Steam?.Unless things have changed...
Post edited September 14, 2019 by Niggles

Hello, Liam.
ciemnogrodzianin:
Another GNU/Linux buyer/player here, in case anyone that can make it happen is keeping track.
low rated
fridgeband: MIND = BLOWN!
Niggles: Is that what Nexus mods is used for ? Plenty of games have mods released via nexus and quite a few which are only on Nexus and dont bother relasing on Steam?.Unless things have changed...
Last time I checked, Nexus would not allow me to download any mods unless I created an account first. Extremely frustrating when I don't have any interest in creating an account and I just want to download the mods as fast as possible and enjoy them. Moddb just allows mod downloads with an easy and simple click. No inconvenience, no frustrations. I hope I understood your question correctly.
I was about to preorder, then saw their payment page is unencrypted. Srsly nao.

> Republic of Carmine Heights

Nice reference.
I'll bite: Why is it called Encased? Doesn't sound very Fallout-ish to me. Maybe I'm not making some obvious connection? I do have a tiny bit of a hangover this morning... ;)

I'll be interested to see if this one is received as well as Atom.