It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons in a new epic RPG set in the famous fantasy universe. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
The correct way to deal with trash encounters is to not include them in the first place. Also, I always find it hilarious when people massively exaggerate the time it takes to play turn-based combat. Anyway, the market seems to have spoken since turn-based RPGs like Divinity:OS far outsold games like Pillars of Eternity, and RTWP games have been adding turn-based modes, which is pretty ironic considering the whole pitch with RTWP was "gamers don't have any patience for turn-based and only want action now," thanks largely to Diablo.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No it's not. Pure TBS with no RTWP whatsoever is actually the way to do it.

Last time someone tried to make a "hybrid" RTWP/TBS game, that was Pillars of Eternity 2, which ended up having a heavily botched TBS mode which was unable to be implemented properly, because truly it had RTWP mechanics way too firmly embedded into its core structures.

I suspect all the same will probably be true of this new Pathfinder game.
In the case of Kingmaker it was actually the other way around, it's RTWP had TB mechanics too deeply embedded in it's core structure. It was an adaptation of tabletop RPG after all.
eric5h5: I would assume it's like the turn-based mode they added to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, which I do have (specifically because of that) but haven't played yet so I can't say how well it works. Gotta be better than RTWP though.
Works lightly buggy and janky, but otherwise very well and indeed "better" than RTWP.
StingingVelvet: Does this one have the kingdom management stuff? Loved the original and finished it, 150 darn hours, but could realllllly go without the kingdom management, which was largely an annoying waste of time.
Nergal01: Instead of managing a kingdom you'll be in charge of an army, as far as I know. Your alignment and the mythic path you choose will influence this part.
If I recall correctly, they promised something like HOMM with the regards of army leading.
Post edited March 24, 2021 by Mafwek
Ascension Trailer
blotunga: Which reminds me I still have to finish Kingmaker :)
Same, I have started multiple times, but at some point I always get completely annoyed by the game.

Started 5 playthroughs/charactets and probably put in 20+ hours over the course of those 5 playthroughs.

I just can't get myself to like Pathfinder.
NuffCatnip: Same, I have started multiple times, but at some point I always get completely annoyed by the game.

Started 5 playthroughs/charactets and probably put in 20+ hours over the course of those 5 playthroughs.

I just can't get myself to like Pathfinder.
Well, I managed to progress quite far. But I still need time for the grind :)
GOG's "Soon" is preposterously long. It's the new "Good news!".

Anyway... hope this game will be great, I loved the first one. The very end wasn't all that enjoyable, but apart from that it's a wonderful game. Played through it several times, and a few half-done too. For an RPG, that's a sign of approval.
Pangaea666: GOG's "Soon" is preposterously long. It's the new "Good news!".

Anyway... hope this game will be great, I loved the first one. The very end wasn't all that enjoyable, but apart from that it's a wonderful game. Played through it several times, and a few half-done too. For an RPG, that's a sign of approval.
I actually made a thread on this. But GOG's search, being that it is (nonexistant), I failed to recall it from the depths.
Pangaea666: GOG's "Soon" is preposterously long. It's the new "Good news!".
What is your problem exactly? The game is in development. GOG gives you advance notice they want to sell it and will likely be selling it when it's done. As long as you don't preorder, more information is always better. The only scenario in which you get screwed is if another store offers a better limited-time deal, you decide to buy the game on GOG, GOG ends up not selling it after all and you miss out on the other deal.
It was a more general comment than just for this game. There are games in alpha state that will be released "Soon", probably in 1-2 years. Good thing not everybody have the same perspective on time.

"Okay, just hang on. We'll send an ambulance. It will be there soon."