It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi folks, I am planning on buying Cyberpunk 2077 for my Windows 7 PC but the requirements say it's DirectX 12 only.

As far as I'm aware DirectX 12 is not available for Windows 7, can anyone clarify the situation and confirm with certainty that it will work on Windows 7?
Post edited November 16, 2020 by MrMartG
This question / problem has been solved by ThorChildimage
There are a couple of detailed threads over in the game forum like this one:

https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/cyberpunk_2077_no_windows_7
MrMartG: Hi folks, I am planning on buying Cyberpunk 2077 for my Windows 7 PC but the requirements say it's DirectX 12 only.

As far as I'm aware DirectX 12 is not available for Windows 7, can anyone clarify the situation and confirm with certainty that it will work on Windows 7?
Hello.

DirectX 12 support for Windows 7 was introduced about 1.5 years ago for specific games. I imagine Cyberpunk is one of them:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/microsoft-finally-ports-directx-12-to-windows-7-but-only-for-certain-games/
MrMartG: As far as I'm aware DirectX 12 is not available for Windows 7, can anyone clarify the situation and confirm with certainty that it will work on Windows 7?
It's really just a case of waiting until release until someone using W7 tests it to confirm (I'll probably be doing that myself as one of my rigs is on W7 still). There are many games supposedly advertised "needs W10" that still work fine on W7, but there are also already some games here like Delores: A Thimbleweed Park Mini-Adventure that are definitely W10 / DX12 only. No one really knows until release day.
Post edited November 16, 2020 by AB2012
On game card is Windows 7 as supported.
The game card is accurate. Windows 7 is explicitly supported.

Requirements - is my Windows 64-bit

Created 3 weeks ago  Updated 1 week ago

To run Cyberpunk 2077 you need a 64-bit Windows 7 or 10. Note, Windows 8 and 8.1 are not supported.
Many thanks for the replies everyone.