It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was all eager to contribute to this thread, since I've been playing Cyberpunk 2020 recently with some of my regular tabletop crew....But then I noticed that this thread is actually well over a year old, so it's unlikely to still be relevant to Chaos_Marine. = (

Regardless, a very fun and interesting system. Despite its age, it holds up pretty well and includes concepts that ended up being incorporated by other systems (much) later. That said, my GM basically removed the Netrunning system from the get go, so make of that what you will. XD
I found wishlist of this pc game https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2020 and when this first installment was made? In which year?
TheHalf-Life3: I found wishlist of this pc game https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2020 and when this first installment was made? In which year?
There is a pc version of Cyberpunk 2020 in development at GOG.com's parent company CD Projekt.
Release Date is unknown

There is no previous Cyberpunk 2020 game in existence, this will be the first time its been brought to video games.
Post edited February 13, 2018 by Lord_Kane
So it sounds like prototype of Cyberpunk 2077 than prequel.
Trailer...

I actually hope this comes out soon. Although hopefully i also get around to playing the witcher series too...

edit: Hmmm age restricted... Machinima...
Post edited February 13, 2018 by rtcvb32
Well for a moment this trailer is outdated I watched it already. Maybe Cyberpunk 2020 maps will be DLC in Cyberpunk 2077 who knows? I heard rumours that something was leaked from Cyberpunk 2077 kind of like Half-Life 2 beta.Maybe it's Cyberpunk 2020.
TheHalf-Life3: Well for a moment this trailer is outdated I watched it already. Maybe Cyberpunk 2020 maps will be DLC in Cyberpunk 2077 who knows? I heard rumours that something was leaked from Cyberpunk 2077 kind of like Half-Life 2 beta.Maybe it's Cyberpunk 2020.
It seems you're completely misunderstanding. Cyberpunk 2020 is a paper and pencil tabletop roleplaying game, much like D&D, traveller, Gamma WOlrd, etc. Cyberpunk 2020 was never a computer game.

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the world/ruleset of Cyberpunk 2020. There won't be any DLC maps of Cyberpunk 2020 because there were never any to use, nor is there anything of Cyberpunk 2020 'leaked' from Cyberpunk 2077.
I see.Now I understand everything. Cyberpunk 2020 - the second edition of the conservative cyberpunk of the American role-playing game by Mike Pondsmith entitled Cyberpunk. Published in 1990 by R. Talsorian Games.Premiere 1988.
Post edited February 14, 2018 by TheHalf-Life3
Finally it's hapenning we had to wait 5 years since 2013 when first trailer was announced.I hope in Cyberpunk 2077 we will see cameo or easter egg of Ciri from Witcher 3.Actually Cyberpunk 2020 was just a board game.I hope we will see some references from Cyberpunk 2020 in Cyberpunk 2077.Back then computer technology to make Cyberpunk 2020 first.Well it seems Cyberpunk 2077 is first installment because Cyberpunk 2020 is something different more like merchandise than video game.Maybe I'm stubborn and silly,but after final release(probably in 2019)of Cyberpunk maybe CD Projekt Red wants to make Cyberpunk 2020(it probably makes no sense)as video game it's possible nowadays.For instance George Lucas started with making Star Wars original sequel trilogy in 1977,1980,1983 and then Star Wars prequel trilogy in 1999,2002,2005.Maybe I'm wrong and will never gonna happen.Maybe there will be Cyberpunk 2077 sequel just like Blade Runner 2049.
Gandos: I was all eager to contribute to this thread, since I've been playing Cyberpunk 2020 recently with some of my regular tabletop crew....But then I noticed that this thread is actually well over a year old, so it's unlikely to still be relevant to Chaos_Marine. = (

Regardless, a very fun and interesting system. Despite its age, it holds up pretty well and includes concepts that ended up being incorporated by other systems (much) later. That said, my GM basically removed the Netrunning system from the get go, so make of that what you will. XD
Ha! I really wish you could get e-mail notifications with the GoG forum but apparently not. I didn't even realise there were replies to this thread. Yeah, campaign only lasted a session or two. DM found trying to balance encounters very hard, the first bit of combat had us in a biker bar, it got raided by the police and it turned out the weapons the bikers and we had (they had stuff like double-barrelled shotguns and we had pistols), our chances of actually being able to inflict any damage on the cops was negligible and they would have one- hit KO'ed the party.

I've tried finding more games since as I was very interested in the system but I could never find anything. One or two maybes but the people never showed up.