It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dead Island 2 (XSX Game Pass)

For a game that, reportedly, had a long and torturous development cycle, this one turned out really good. The first game, for me, is something of a cult classic- a far better game than most people give it credit for. Basically, it's Zombie Apocalypse Borderlands, just like Redfall is Vampire Apocalypse Borderlands.

The main difference from the first game (and Riptide I suppose), is that Dead Island 2 isn't set on an island- it's set in L.A....called Hell-A in the game. Instead of three or 4 really large open maps like the first game, this time you play across 8 smaller, linked maps. The smaller maps result in tighter designed pathways through the story, including unlocking shortcuts something like in From Software games.

Combat is primarily melee focused, though guns are quite useful against some of the Apex variants of the zombies. The combat and missions are even more over the top than earlier games, and that's really saying something. A lot of people don't like the first-person perspective for melee focused games, but here it works for me- requiring timing of heavy attacks and blocking as zombies rush you.

Very fun game, in a B-Grade Zombie movie sort of way. The Xbox version worked really well. This is a game made for last generation consoles, so runs well on current consoles and PC's.