It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here is the place to post and talk about any games you started but don't intend to finish.
Zuma

I've played Zuma many times as a kid, but I definitely didn't have the skill then I have now. That being said I can't get past 6-2 on RPCS3 (using a controller). I'm sure I could beat this with a mouse and keyboard but I'm primarily a couch PC gamer now and don't really want to sit in front of a mouse and keyboard after work.
I've dumped and emulated a game my brother used to play on the PS1 called Heart of Darkness. I am not sure if I am going to actually be able to finish it, since it's pretty freaking difficult.
I think I'm giving up on Tribes: Vengeance. There are a lot of things I like about the game (made by Irrational in its prime), but there are times when it seems like the developers created a level where they want you to have the "Tribes experience" (i.e., multiplayer-ish crap) and these levels absolutely crush the game to a halt. The last straw is what appears to be toward the end of the game and suddenly the game wants you to play through a series of "trials" in which you have to do stupid crap like race back and forth through a tunnel, protect a flag from attackers, fight enemies with shitty weapons, or throw a football through a series of goals. It's simply murdered my remaining enthusiasm for the game. I'll probably check out the ending on Youtube and be done with it.
low rated
I couldnt finish No Mans Sky. It was last game of the many, so maybe because of that.
UBoat. So infested with bugs, one can't even finish the tutorials. Deliberately surfaced, and fought it out w all the UK capital ships we could take on. Went to the briny deep in a blaze of glory with all my courageous lads, which is where this abominable sub sim belongs.
Sherlock Holmes and the Secret of the Silver Earring

I bought nearly all Sherlock games at once on a sale and expected them to be all first-person (with the cursed Watson glitch); but Silver Earring seems to be the odd-one-out with point-and-click controls (the worst in the world) and stationary cameras. So I watched a Let's Play instead to get the same story but without gameplay I hate.
Unfortunately Curse: The Eye of Isis, I was looking forward to play this game for long time waiting until it arrive to GOG. My problem is control during fights, although this game was instabuy so far I was able to beat only one enemy, so it is not possible continue this way...

Do you have better experience?
Trash Sailors maybe. I played it a couple of times with my wife and while we haven't officially abandoned it, I'm not sure if we'll ever get back to it.

There are so many more worthwhile things to play.

A bit of a shame as the art is rather interesting.
Is this about games you deliberately do not intend to play or does it include games that you put off for a while and then either are unable to continue or "eh, I had my fun with it"?

I think Forza Horizon 4 is the closest to either. I think I got to the third race where it became very clear I did not have a car capable of beating the AI at my chosen difficulty. They basically outperformed anything I had, and I got so frustrated I just left the game to rot.
I started Hello Neighbor for the very first time and before I even had time to leave my own house, the Neighbor got stuck clipping through the wall in his own. Between this and hearing that the story sucks, my interest in continued play really keeled over.
Warloch_Ahead: Is this about games you deliberately do not intend to play or does it include games that you put off for a while and then either are unable to continue or "eh, I had my fun with it"?

I think Forza Horizon 4 is the closest to either. I think I got to the third race where it became very clear I did not have a car capable of beating the AI at my chosen difficulty. They basically outperformed anything I had, and I got so frustrated I just left the game to rot.
I kinda dropped 4 because I got gifted 5, but since the games are so similar, I'd suggest going back and trying again. I don't know which race got you, but there are always many other races available and you can always (or almost always, I don't recall precisely) change the car class you're competing in. And both games are almost always shoving new cars into you, so sooner or later you'll end up with a better car in that class.

As for me, I dropped Dirt 5 for now. Last content update fucked up the AI making it a chore to play and rendering ice races unbeatable.
I quit Hellpoint for now, sadly, too much wrist pain. I keep trying to adapt the controls but I'm just uncomfortable. Though I hope to continue it once my condition improves.
I started playing "Ripper" recently, the FMV adventure game, and I dropped it after a few hours of it testing my patience. In no particular order:

1) It has unskippable, SLOW transition FMVs whenever you move around (the game is played in first-person). The movement also feels weird and unpredictable (your character will zig-zag in very annoying ways before settling down on a spot, and even turning requires an FMV). The fixed spots they picked sometimes have very bizarre angles, keeping lots of stuff just barely out of sight or annoyingly positioned in the scene.

2)The cursor is a giant, spinning knife which I find very distracting.

3) You can zoom in/out plenty of unremarkable and uninteractive elements (again, forcing the unskippable FMVs on you), the protagonist almost never has anything to say, making it awkward to figure out if there is something more to the scene or not (the spinning knife also makes it hard to pixel hunt scenes, by the way). This is all complimented by the fact that that a LOT of the renders seem to have random noise or pixellated details which are really hard to identify (I can't say if this is an issue with the dos version).

4) The puzzles have finnicky controls, and/or sport some of the worst leaps in logic I have submitted myself to in a while. This really takes out any satisfaction when completing them.

5) It has dreadful on-rail shooting combat (it's as bad as you'd expect an FMV shooter to be).

6) The acting is really bad and the voices aren't clear at all (I think these two are connected). Seeing famous actors delivering such unimpressive performances is kind of sad. The script would be kind of fun (although it also seems full of non-sequiturs), but the delivery is so mismatched that for the most part it's unenjoyable. There are also various questionable directing choices for the videos.

7) The story is alright (if I am being generous), but I find the atmosphere weak, so there is nothing to redeem the gameplay.

I am particularly disappointed, because people seemed to consider it a good game, yet I have played a lot of adventures (either FMV, 2D or 3D) which eclipse this, even flawed or very flawed ones.
Post edited August 02, 2022 by mdqp
The Last of Us

I have no intention of going beyond the start of the prologue.