It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A few minutes ago, I got 100% of the achievements in one of GOG's latest releases, the metroidvania "Gato Roboto"

I've always been curious to know how to get the games that are sold in GOG, because I'm a great enthusiast of the platform and I'm very keen for developers to succeed with their titles here. Having said that, I would like to share with you a simple mathematical account that I made from the achievement of two achievements.

There were two achievements in "Roboto Cat" whose percentage of obtaining was 0%. I got both. For being the first to win them, the percentage was rounded to 0.1% (attached image). That's when I thought about the number of players who bought this title.

If by being the first to achieve these achievements, by having the percentage changed to 0.1%, a simple mathematical calculation will say that around 10,000 platform users have acquired "Roboto Cat" since its launch on GOG, : in just four days!

If I am mistaken, please correct me, but if this result makes sense, they are definitely very high numbers, not just for "Robot Cat" if it is a simple and niche game, but also because GOG itself is not a platform mainstream.

Assuming my logic makes sense, I am very satisfied and happy. The ideal would be for the developer herself to talk about numbers, but that's an indication that gives me even more curiosity to figure out the number of sales of some other titles.

I know that the titles of GOG itself, like The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, are successful here on the platform, including the latter quoting great achievements in its pre-sale period (1/3 of PC sales have until then been acquired in GOG, according to the company's post on Twitter), but the internet has information about the success or otherwise of other developers' titles.

Having made this explanation, I invite the other users of the forum so that we can debate on the subject, including enriching the discussion with, if possible, information from developers about the repercussion of their titles here at GOG.

EDIT 1: My calculation is wrong. Sorry. I start from the "0.01%" principle. In fact, being "0.1%", the most logical would be 1,000. In any case, the debate continues.

At the writing headquarters quickly I was mistaken.
Attachments:
Post edited July 16, 2019 by Patias
1/0.001 = 1000

Still not sure I'd trust these numbers to be (terribly) accurate.
Post edited July 16, 2019 by clarry
clarry: 1/0.001 = 1000

My calculation is wrong. Sorry. I start from the "0.01%" principle. In fact, being "0.1%", the most logical would be 1,000.

In any case, the debate continues.

Thank you, Clarry. At the writing headquarters quickly I was mistaken.
clarry: 1/0.001 = 1000

Patias: My calculation is wrong. Sorry. I start from the "0.01%" principle. In fact, being "0.1%", the most logical would be 1,000.

Question is what about the maybe 10000000 that bought the game that don't use galaxy? does galaxy calculate the offline or just people who use the platform launcher? that is something I've always been wondering about. GOG Devs never gave info about this and wish it came to light on how they calculate these numbers.
Post edited July 16, 2019 by DreamedArtist
Patias: My calculation is wrong. Sorry. I start from the "0.01%" principle. In fact, being "0.1%", the most logical would be 1,000.

DreamedArtist: Question is what about the maybe 10000000 that bought the game that don't use galaxy? does galaxy calculate the offline or just people who use the platform launcher? that is something I've always been wondering about. GOG Devs never gave info about this and wish it came to light on how they calculate these numbers.
Good point!
Is there a way to observe achievement stats for a game outside of Galaxy?
clarry: Is there a way to observe achievement stats for a game outside of Galaxy?
You can view in your web profile, on GOG.com.
If they only round to that decimal point than it would show 0.1% for a pretty wide range of sales numbers would it not?
clarry: Is there a way to observe achievement stats for a game outside of Galaxy?
you can view what was acquired from the program and gets recorded to the site but not outside it, Nope. the stuff I did in metal slug outside of Galaxy did not get reordered when I put the game into the program. so, I have a feeling these numbers are strictly tied to programs downloaded through the client. I know it tracks the Time played and recent games played. if you go to my account you will see, that is when I used galaxy but the remaining achievements for metal slug I was playing did not get recorded yet I did complete them offline without the client.

btw I made an Weekly anime thread thing and would love for you to share any good shows to the anime fans if you got any :)
Post edited July 16, 2019 by DreamedArtist
You'll notice Devs/Publishers ain't that open when it comes to profits, and very few are, CD Projekt Red's when it comes to Witcher 3 are everywhere, a quick google and you have the answer on numerous pages, but you don't get specifics like those, you might get sales numbers, revenues, basics but not actual profits, so they can all hide behind their lies, half-truths and complain that piracy costs them millions which may be so, but in truth, a million isn't that big a number when you're working with a much higher figure.

That odd million is literally spare change for those at the top, and those at the bottom, even those i doubt suffer from as much piracy as they make out, i believe the majority will sell more than how many actually pirate it. Sure it sucks for the little guy, especially when every sale can count, it's like anything in business every sale counts and the majority of your profits gets eaten by fees, and those whose items don't turn up.. of which you have to jump through hoops to actually get your money back, then you ask yourself is it worth it?
Post edited July 17, 2019 by DetouR6734