It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can't find a related thread and decided to make a new one. Why not, yes?

Dear GOG community,
I again asking for your help to find something, this time a movie.

Probably released some time in 1986-1991. A photographer played by an actor who has slight resemblance with Bob Hoskins (totally not Danny DeVito) in my poisoned mind he is looking for a character who would perfectly fit for a role of Jesus Christ for his work. So in one particularly rainy evening a tired and very hungry looking hobo happens to passes by near his big open glass display window. The photographer stops in astonishment so much the eyes of this bum resembling the all-in-the-world sorrow for humanity making him a best candidate for Jesus Christ in his photo session. He promises to pays good many for a few shots, asking him to not change much and refuse to feed him before it's finished. I remember a first comedy scene where the photographer preparing his last shoot read a paragraph from a holy book.

Photographer: ... and then Jesus said...
Bum: Oh God I'm so hungry!

Long story short. This person liked the personification of Christ so much he starts feeling like him, believing he can do miracles as well. He cured a blind man who was very poor and asking for some coin in underground tunnel. Because a photographer was already hating him for his girlfriend turned having sex with him and for his popularity in mass media. There was a little fight and someone accidentally got a knife, people start yelling "Oh my, he's got a knife" and a blind man out of great commotion and fear for his life got his sense of vision back
Post edited September 02, 2015 by Cadaver747
Cadaver747: snip
I think it is The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101863/

And since I'm here, let me ask about a movie as well.

I recall I watched the movie in the 90s, it was maybe made earlier. At the beginning a father is at his son's ball game when a meteor or satellite or spacecraft falls onto the field. The father rushes over to help someone and is engulfed in an explosion. At the hospital he has fully recovered almost right away. He is injured a few more times and in all cases recovers quickly and fully. While doing tests, the doctors find that his blood samples left in a fridge (in the dark) die while the ones left in light do regenerate. The son eventually also gets this condition as well. I forget much of the rest but there was some villain who shoots the father with a laser that passes through him and a knight statue behind him, in order to test the father's healing ability, and I think the movie ended with the father driving a truck off a cliff, turning the light on in the cabin before he hit the water.
Post edited September 02, 2015 by SCPM
Cadaver747: snip
SCPM: I think it is The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish:
That would make sense, I mean Bob Hoskins does slightly resemble Bob Hoskins.
SCPM: I think it is The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish:
Smannesman: That would make sense, I mean Bob Hoskins does slightly resemble Bob Hoskins.
Oh what an intelligent joke.
SCPM:
Thank very very much! I'm in your debt of trying to help you at least.
Post edited September 02, 2015 by Cadaver747
Cadaver747: Oh what an intelligent joke.
Thank you!
I was aiming for your level, but I was worried this one might've gone over your head.
Cadaver747: Oh what an intelligent joke.
Smannesman: Thank you!
I was aiming for your level, but I was worried this one might've gone over your head.
Sure it is I'm too far from your smart ass level.