It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm in dire need of 'Magic the Gathering: Shandalar - The Quest for Power'.

It's a rpg/strategy game that is missing in the catalog...
Is it because of copyrights?
If so: who owns them now?

Where can I find a (legal) copy? I know the game could be found on abandonware rings and sites, but they pretty much all closed shop.
Bratkip: I'm in dire need of 'Magic the Gathering: Shandalar - The Quest for Power'.
I have Microprose's Magic the Gathering with the addons in box version on CD, but I've never heard about this "The Quest for Power" thing - is that the same?
Possibly rights issue, possibly not well known enough to make money. MtG always jumps at me as bein online card game only, so was suprised to hear about this. There was apparently a modded version in 2015 which works on win 10, couldn't find it though.
Never heard of the "The Quest for Power" followup to the title either. In any event, in case you're interested, you can always vote for it here: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/magic_the_gathering_shandalar. There're quite a few votes already but I wouldn't keep my hopes high if I were you.
Lexor: but I've never heard about this "The Quest for Power" thing - is that the same?
That's because it doesn't exist.
It's the subtitle of some guys live stream feed of Microprose MtG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__zohW-eHo
Wizards wont let this happen. I have to admit theyv made some progress with releasing a game like Magic: arena.. it lets you build vast collections and decks and play drafts with many other format possibilities (with a heavy microtransaction price tag looming near). But they will never make a game like shandalar again.. which let you collect and play with a huge variety of cards without any micro-transaction chains. Ever since shandalar we have gotten many titles that had a priority of making sure we didnt have too much fun because it might mean we buy less cards. Arena tries to "fix" that by making physical card buying a part of the game along with many many microtransactions. But as for shandalar... they have the excuse that its old and buggy and would take work to get it into a state where they could sell it again.... but really they dont want to give players that much freedom again.
Post edited October 05, 2018 by zavlin