It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The chance to colonize the Red Planet has never been so close. While waiting for the game’s release, you can already play the Farlanders Prologue on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
"Play the prologue for free on Steam!"
Zjeraar: "Play the prologue for free on Steam!"
Yes, Indeed! ;)
Will the full version of the game have a scaling option for the UI?
Ned Farlanders
Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAp8BqE7eKE
Cant say i think much thus far.
Intro seemed to be taking forever until i found by clicking the left of the screen I could advance (why only the left?!).
Goals are confusing as is the UI.

Hopefully that will improve as time goes on, but devs only seem to want feedback via discord which says to me they wont be bothering to frequent any stores forums for any reason. That makes me wary.
Sachys: Cant say i think much thus far.
Intro seemed to be taking forever until i found by clicking the left of the screen I could advance (why only the left?!).
Goals are confusing as is the UI.

Hopefully that will improve as time goes on, but devs only seem to want feedback via discord which says to me they wont be bothering to frequent any stores forums for any reason. That makes me wary.
Kind of gives me a 'Stardew Valley on Mars' vibe, only doesn't look nearly as good.
TerriblePurpose: Kind of gives me a 'Stardew Valley on Mars' vibe, only doesn't look nearly as good.
havent played that so cant comment.

i found it like a simple / stripped down mix of elements from factorio and deadlock: planetary conquest but without the combat (at least i didnt see any in my srtuggling half hour).
I appretiate the demo. My brief attempt to try the old online version that someone pointed out last time didn't go that well so I wasn't expecting much, but Iiked it more than I expected (the gameplay that is, the writing is horrible :(, though you can at least skip most of it).

I think it has more in common with something like sudoku than most games, although unlike sudoku it is partly randomized. The terrain is extremely restricted but buildings get bonuses when close to others of the same type and those bonuses are needed to get enough resources. Terraforming give you space to build but you get to choose one of three random options every two or so turns (but themed options and with various combinations, so possibly none of them do what you want). Often you need two different types of terraforming to get something buildable.

I agree it is a bit rough around the edges in terms of the interface, sometimes things aren't clear until you see how they work and it is too easy to not notice when you are running out of resources. However, the mechanics seem well designed to me once you get used to the interface.
Thanks for the demo, especially as it comes with a Linux version! I hope the full version of the game also will get Linux support.
People really make some strange comparisons here. First and foremost it's a puzzle game in managerial form. That's a good reason why the play area is as small as it is.
I finally play the demo. I has mixed feeling for this game. First of all I have fun, but there's stuff that bug me a lot, like weird terraforming system that felt like putting a tetris piece. I can't even terraform sometimes because it will ruin the already complicated system I set up to keep the colony running. I understand that it's supposed to be a puzzle game masked with managerial system but it can be very frustrating sometimes when I need to restart several times when my colony set up put me in dead end or the terraforming set are all wrong and I ended up running out of resources.

Gonna get this with heavy discount. Not worth the full price and headache along with it.
Far Lands or Bust, one of the longest ongoing Minecraft series.

Smells of Factorio + a little Zactronics, with some story slathered in.
Darvond: Smells of Factorio
Pfah, I wish it's close to factorio. At least Factorio is much more addicting with better difficulty setting without relying on stupid rng system. This game is no factorio.