It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to our jolly dystopia.

We Happy Few, the stylish action/adventure about escaping a city of oppressive happiness, is now available for pre-order 15% off, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Did you take your happiness pill today? Please try not to skip on your regular doses, otherwise you might start hallucinating and seeing things that shouldn't be there. Like derelict houses dressed in colourful banners. People jumping off London Bridge with a smile painted on their faces. Violent acts against those who refuse to always look on the bright side of life.
You are not seeing any of that, are you? Because if so, you better run, hide, or quickly take your Joy with a nice cup of tea.
Fast.
Before we find you and feed it to you.

Note: Owners of the In Development version do not need to purchase the game again.

is there a region block for AU?
Not yet but there *should* be - it was refused classification - and that, to my knowledge that hasn't changed
Post edited June 12, 2018 by Bigs
hummer010: Well, I might be laughing. I backed this at $30CDN. It's now $59.99USD, so about $78CDN. If they live up to all the kickstarter promises, I'll have a Microsoft game that's both DRM free, and on Linux, for less than half price. That's something worth laughing about.
groze: I guess it depends on what promises you're focusing on. The very initial ones, when they wanted We Happy Few to be just a survival/crafting game set in a dystopian mirror-universe '60s Britain? Or the ones after some people started making comparisons with Bioshock by watching early gameplay footage, making Compulsion go back to the drawing board, since the game had no story focus whatsoever? Which left them with a divided audience of those who want survival and those who want story. My guess is that one of the two is getting (at least) slightly sacrificed in favor of the other.

Plus, if you want both survival AND story, there's already a released game to cover your needs, The Long Dark, which you can get for €25 (€12.60 right now, due to the Summer Sale) or your local equivalent, instead of an absurd €60 (€51, with pre-order discount). For this price tag, they'd better release something on par with Witcher 3, which I highly doubt they will.

As for a Linux build, well, you know how that usually goes, right? Even if they deliver one, you'll probably have to wait a few months, with the highly chance it will end up being a crappy port, and you'll end up playing (or trying to play) the Windows version in WinE. And as for any future Compulsion titles, I hope you realize they'll all be XBox and Windows Store exclusives, with no Linux version at all.

[EDIT] Oh, and, for the record, you don't own a Microsoft game. You own a Gearbox-published game, made by some people who started out indie but decided to sold themselves out to be able to "increase the scope" of their game and "deliver the best possible game to their customers" (your customers wanted an indie game, my dudes). The acquisition by Microsoft is not retroactive, this is still a Gearbox title developed by pre-Microsoft-owned Compulsion.
lol he was being ironic and he has the right to do so given what he said. It is funny if you think about it, no need to take it so seriously. He was being ironic, you were being pessimistic.

I know what you are saying, though, and i (partially?) agree with you. I am afraid that the final version we will see it's a simplified game with simplified mechanics adapted for consoles (as already happened with their last examples changing the UI and inventory). It's also very likely that the Linux version will come a (happy) few months after release.

But waiting or not, it is funny to think that those who pre-ordered will be paying a lot less and will have a DRM-free Linux version for a MS game (yes, ok, the deal with Gearbox was previous, etc, but it's funny anyway!)

Oh, and nope, i don't think the game will be even comparable in quality and size with the Witcher 3, or in survival depth with The Long Dark (which, i agree, it's a must have for anyone that likes a customizable difficullty survival)
You know what would be eartshattering ? owning a real DRM free game from .......... EA
:D
yes the DRM hugging company who bought up/out several good companies.
I'm not reffering to some old cheezy games they released DRM free but the real good games....

Red Alert, Command & Conquer , Dune and many like this , now that would be fun to have those games DRM free ( no serials checking online , no serial numbers at all but complete free from evil ( drm, serial checking, validating every x number of times or x number in a x number of hours a day and more drm sh ites like that)
but that is not going to happen in a gazillion years :D

Anyway they can keep their 3d red alert versions and any 3d versions/remakes of a classic game , its 2d for me all the way.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Why on earth would we preorder a digital copy of a game?
evilsmurf999: Why on earth would we preorder a digital copy of a game?
I asked myself the same question but people preorder regardless, even those who got burned previously. I guess it has something to do with bragging rights about being the first to play the game. Or maybe the pre order bonus has value to others (but they never have for me).

Personally, I don't see the point in pre ordering. I already have enough games to play, I have other things I like to do as well and by waiting, you more than likely will have a better version of the game. So to me, pre ordering a game which runs the risk of changing wildly during development, even possibly turning into a game I won't like (which happens but never to me) simply for bragging rights that I was one of the first people to play said game borders on idiocy.

Back on topic, I am interested in the game, but in China, it's over 33USD and there are other games I want to play that are cheaper than this. Sooooooooo, why should i rush to pay $33 for a game that isn't out yet?
Post edited June 14, 2018 by IwubCheeze
I love dystopian fiction and this game reminded me of one of my favourite Doctor Who episodes ever (The Happiness Patrol). I missed the KS and was a bit underwhelmed by the demo, but I was looking forward to release and planned to buy it. However, seems like I won't be getting for it now because:

* The price honestly seems pretty ludicrous for a download game... dearer than most physical full-priced games!
* Randy Pitchfraud is involved in any way whatsoever. Aliens: CM will never be forgotten.
* It's been banned in Australia anyway! :(

On the last and most important point, is there not something ironic and disturbing about a piece of art that deals with government censorship and control being actually censored and controlled by the government?
Post edited June 19, 2018 by Banjo_oz
So this game will be released on this Friday .

Also Season Pass details : https://steamcommunity.com/games/320240/announcements/detail/1702809986590065604
Post edited August 08, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot