It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A unique 2D platformer for all fans of mystical worlds and boundless exploration has just arrived. Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 60% discount lasting until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC.

Discover the mysteries hidden throughout the world of Salt. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies while at the same time defying the laws of gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike.
Oh hell yeah! Thank you so much GOG!
Mmm, this is an ipad game,, had it on the radar there to look at buying. It’s only £2.99 on the I store...
Seems like it might be alright, wish list for now.
GOG.com: A unique 2D platformer for all fans of mystical worlds and boundless exploration has just arrived. Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 60% discount lasting until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC.

Discover the mysteries hidden throughout the world of Salt. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies while at the same time defying the laws of gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike.
That's pretty cool this game finaly got released here...
And the Linux port is here too! Yay!
Not that I would use it (I don't use any mac so I'm really asking in interest of others) but why is mac port missing?
nightcraw1er.488: Mmm, this is an ipad game,, had it on the radar there to look at buying. It’s only £2.99 on the I store...
Correct me if I'm wrong but this wasn't originally ipad game (I couldn't find any indication for that to be true) when it came out originally.
Also can't image playing this on touch screen...
GOG.com: A unique 2D platformer for all fans of mystical worlds and boundless exploration has just arrived. Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 60% discount lasting until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC.

B1tF1ghter: That's pretty cool this game finaly got released here...
Not that I would use it (I don't use any mac so I'm really asking in interest of others) but why is mac port missing?
nightcraw1er.488: Mmm, this is an ipad game,, had it on the radar there to look at buying. It’s only £2.99 on the I store...
B1tF1ghter: Correct me if I'm wrong but this wasn't originally ipad game (I couldn't find any indication for that to be true) when it came out originally.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/dandara-trials-of-fear-edition/id1168013926
Seems to have been released at the same time as the steam version, but I only know it from the App Store.
B1tF1ghter: That's pretty cool this game finaly got released here...

Correct me if I'm wrong but this wasn't originally ipad game (I couldn't find any indication for that to be true) when it came out originally.
nightcraw1er.488: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/dandara-trials-of-fear-edition/id1168013926
Seems to have been released at the same time as the steam version, but I only know it from the App Store.
Huh, interesting, thanks for the info. Still I don't own ipad (and will never as I really hate apple hardware for a number of good reasons) so I don't generally know about these ports.
Still can't image playing this on a touch screen - I can't decide if that would be cheating or harder :P ;)
Very interesting mechanics! I wouldn't mind a GOG Connect.
I wonder how they come up with 4 GB of ram for this.
Post edited April 17, 2020 by Dogmaus
Dogmaus: Very interesting mechanics! I wouldn't mind a GOG Connect.
I wonder how they come up with 4 GB of ram for this.
Because it is on unity and pixel (or similar simple) graphics have nothing to do with ram :P
Also that means total ram in system and not one only used by game ;)
Plus system requirements are almost never accurate enough :D And you will not see practicaly anybody put something like "3.3 gb ram" or like "this game will use 951 mb of ram" in requirements :P It is generaly rounded and almost NOBODY gives precise numbers.
System requirements also tend to be whatever PC rig the developers and/or testers had available to them at the time. I've seen too many users chew into developers for "crappy pixel art" games (not that this is happening here) having ridiculous requirements only for them to respond honestly with "that's just the lowest spec machine I had at the time. If you have less than that, it will probably run fine."
Post edited April 17, 2020 by TheMonkofDestiny
Had originally gotten it free with Twitch Prime, and that version just got the Trials of Fear update today.

I gotta say it feels REALLY good. I dunno how it played before the update (they improved the controls especially for mouse and keyboard), but it's pretty smooth with the controller. For the most part you don't really have to be picky with your aim. I mean you CAN fine tune it, but really as long as you are pointed in the general direction, you will go where you want.

Game itself is pretty cool. So far doesn't seem very heavy on combat (not to say there aren't enemies cause there are).

I had to double dip and grab the GOG version to show my suport to the devs... plus it was on sale for a good price with the soundtrack.

There is also going to be a physical Switch version from Super Rare Games.
Looks nice, and I'm glad it came to GOG after the upgrade. Better late than never. ;)
B1tF1ghter: Not that I would use it (I don't use any mac so I'm really asking in interest of others) but why is mac port missing?
If you hadn't asked I would have. It's happened before that Mac/Linux versions don't end up on GOG, but with the Linux version here, there's no excuse that I can see. Hopefully the Mac version gets added soon, since I certainly won't buy it on Steam.
Great metroidvania, I already have the Steam version, and it's nice to see a DRM-free version
TheMonkofDestiny: System requirements also tend to be whatever PC rig the developers and/or testers had available to them at the time. I've seen too many users chew into developers for "crappy pixel art" games (not that this is happening here) having ridiculous requirements only for them to respond honestly with "that's just the lowest spec machine I had at the time. If you have less than that, it will probably run fine."
Well, testing on your "creation" / development machine without restricting it in any way is really stupid. And there is no such excuse of "not more different machines" in possesion - why? - because almost always you can downcore in efi and regardless of that you can always (assuming you don't have really aged hardware but you probably don't if you develop games for CURRENT computers) set virtual machines which have for example limited vram, limited gpu clock, limited drives io, limited cpu cores etc. Whether developers are skilled enough in virtual machines area is another thing (I would guess this is usually not the case for indie devs).

Crimson-X: it's pretty smooth with the controller. For the most part you don't really have to be picky with your aim. I mean you CAN fine tune it, but really as long as you are pointed in the general direction, you will go where you want.
Well from your description it sounds like they made certain aim aproximation technique in some update. If that's really the case then it means that game just got easier :/ Like no longer needing ultra precision (I mean it's not original MIRRORS EDGE levels of precision but still <-- If you don't know what I mean original Mirrors Edge precision then speedrunning is the way, this is the kind of game where it's better if you have high polling rate mechanical keyboard and good very precise mouse).
If that's really the case then I guess I'm gonna have to use pre-update version for added difficulty :S
(I have the game on steam but haven't played it yet).

So I just checked patch notes for this game and I can't find anything that would indicate such a change so they either did that silently without mentioning it in patch notes or perhaps it has something to do with aim assist (can it be turned off from game settings?).

Crimson-X: I had to double dip and grab the GOG version to show my suport to the devs... plus it was on sale for a good price with the soundtrack.

There is also going to be a physical Switch version from Super Rare Games.
I wish I could do that but limited finances say no :/ (or more like it's tempting and I'm trying not to do that now)

Also I really wish I could have a Switch... :/ :(

B1tF1ghter: Not that I would use it (I don't use any mac so I'm really asking in interest of others) but why is mac port missing?
eric5h5: If you hadn't asked I would have. It's happened before that Mac/Linux versions don't end up on GOG, but with the Linux version here, there's no excuse that I can see. Hopefully the Mac version gets added soon, since I certainly won't buy it on Steam.
Especially since this game is on unity so the mac port is literaly NATIVE (in this case I mean NOT DONE BY OTHER COMPANY - as in it is PURE native port about as native as it gets - literaly made by same studio and not by a porting company just by unity tools to export to select platform) so I see no reason why mac port wouldn't be here.
And as for the Linux - I use Linux so whenever native port is not released here (while being present on original platform for example steam) it is very insulting and infuriating. It's literaly ignoring your customers :S :(
Post edited April 19, 2020 by B1tF1ghter
Welcome to GOG! Wishlisted ;)