It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Ryo Hazuki, an 18-year-old Japanese martial artist, on the quest to avenge his father’s death. Shenmue III is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! Shenmue established the open-world format for action RPG games. Dive into an awe-inspiring world created by the director Yu Suzuki. Enjoy the title's immersive story, cinematic sequences, a realistic fighting system, and entertaining mini-games.

The release of Shenmue III on GOG.COM comes with a special set of discounts on the game’s various editions and DLCs, lasting until 26th November 2020, 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
high rated
I'm glad it's here, but too bad we never got the first and second parts before this release. Any backers able to get a GOG key? The Kickstarter contact is telling me that they can't give me one.
Well that's a surprise! Will keep an eye on it.
In the end, GOG couldn't get Sega to play ball on time.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by Grargar
Well, 40 hours of filler is what you're getting.

I want to warn everyone: This story is not conclusive. Keep that in mind as you consider the price.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by Darvond
high rated
Bought the Deluxe Edition. A very meager price for the continuation of this legendary series! I'm ready and waiting for the day SEGA decides to start releasing their games over here. I'd love to have the first two ones DRM-free.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by TheGreatDustpan
high rated
Please, we need Shenmue I & II here, too.
TheGreatDustpan: Bought the Deluxe Edition. A very meager price for the continuation of this legendary series! I'm ready and waiting for the day SEGA decides to start releasing their games over here. I'd love to have the first two ones DRM-free.
Too bad Sega has nothing to do with this game. I still think modern DRM free Sega games are a pipe dream.
GOG.com: Join Ryo Hazuki, an 18-year-old Japanese martial artist ...
What a young artist, wishing him all the best!
Still got Shenmue 1&2 on Dreamcast. Finally rebought them also on Steam not long ago and now I'm halfway done with 2.
I might buy this, although I have to say, that Shenmue 1&2 are not as good as I remembered it. Always felt like there were tones of things to do when I was young, but now replaying it, I mostly move rather quickly from pointer to pointer with some events artificially inflating the game time (minigames or having to wait to the next day).
Post edited November 19, 2020 by Robette
We'll never get Konami games here.

Shame S3's not very good apparently, but at least we'll have another 1500+ votes completed (+ a bunch of Powerslave votes today ;).
TheGreatDustpan: Bought the Deluxe Edition. A very meager price for the continuation of this legendary series! I'm ready and waiting for the day SEGA decides to start releasing their games over here. I'd love to have the first two ones DRM-free.
ReynardFox: Too bad Sega has nothing to do with this game. I still think modern DRM free Sega games are a pipe dream.
Is it likely they became staunchly pro-DRM sometime over the past 10 years? Because they released their classics DRM-free on DotEmu in like 2010, and I think they remained there until the DotEmu store went down (but I could be wrong).
Post edited November 19, 2020 by tfishell
tfishell: We'll never get Konami games here.
ReynardFox: Too bad Sega has nothing to do with this game. I still think modern DRM free Sega games are a pipe dream.
tfishell: Is it likely they became staunchly pro-DRM sometime over the past 10 years? Because they released their classics DRM-free on DotEmu in like 2010, and I think they remained there until the DotEmu store went down (but I could be wrong).
Yeah they've never had a problem repeatedly trotting out their old megadrive games with no DRM, but once they started taking PC releases seriously they went for DRM like a moth to a lamp.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add DRM to their megadrive games simply because it would cost more to retroactively do so.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by ReynardFox
SCPM: I'm glad it's here, but too bad we never got the first and second parts before this release.
because after the dreamcast, sega became a bunch of tools.
ReynardFox: but once they started taking PC releases seriously they went for DRM like a moth to a lamp.
Its such a shame as SEGA has quite the backlog of games that I'd like to see here, and I'd also like to see more of their newer releases.
Glad to see this come to GOG, of course.

And hopefully, with a GOG Release here and all, this forces Steam-version to come w/out DRM and Epic version gets updated without any DRM.

Side note - I have this game on Epic.

EDIT:
While i'm at it, would love to see Shenmue 1+2 hit GOG.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by MysterD