It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today was my mother birthday
I saw a super easy to make snack called a Nanaimo bar on a cooking show this morning, and I found that there's an official recipie from the city of Nanaimo in Canada.

https://www.nanaimo.ca/docs/about-nanaimo/nanaimobarrecipe.pdf
matterbandit: Witnessed the solar eclipse today! :) I'm still buzzing from the experience. It was spectacular!
We saw it as well...looked at it for a bit while taking some pics around/during the totality period.
Dad wore the silly glasses. I of course rawdogged it like a total chad 0.0
Post edited April 14, 2024 by GamezRanker
Catventurer: I saw a super easy to make snack called a Nanaimo bar on a cooking show this morning, and I found that there's an official recipie from the city of Nanaimo in Canada.
I have been there and have eaten that bar! xD Great memories! It was many years ago, back when I had an insatiable sweet tooth. Have fun baking that recipe! :) However for me, I find that the older I get, the less sugar my body can tolerate.

GamezRanker: We saw it as well...looked at it for a bit while taking some pics around/during the totality period.
Dad wore the silly glasses. I of course rawdogged it like a total chad 0.0
I wish I had equipped myself with a proper camera for the occassion. My smartphone could not grasp what my eyes were seeing in the sky. :( I did remove my safety glasses at 100% totality (which was deemed as safe), for maybe 30 seconds or less, and I was in complete awe! I choose to watch the solar eclipse in the woods, on elevated ground, away from the large crowds. But that moment the moon blocked the sun, I could hear the roar of neighbouring crowds fill the woods, it was a special moment. That, and seeing the woods change from sunny to dark and a tad colder too, for a brief moment.
Post edited April 14, 2024 by matterbandit
Catventurer: I saw a super easy to make snack called a Nanaimo bar on a cooking show this morning, and I found that there's an official recipie from the city of Nanaimo in Canada.
matterbandit: I have been there and have eaten that bar! xD Great memories! It was many years ago, back when I had an insatiable sweet tooth. Have fun baking that recipe! :) However for me, I find that the older I get, the less sugar my body can tolerate.
I enjoy baking and making sweets more than eating them, so most of it will get frozen. I'm always finding cake in the freezer that I forgot about.
Catventurer: I'm always finding cake in the freezer that I forgot about.
LOL! ;)
dtgreene: New Raspberry Pi 5 up and running. Feels much snappier than the old one.

(This is the first GOG post from this Pi.)
Do you use anything to bootstrap the system or maintain your configs/dotfiles? I finally took the time to write a little Ansible playbook to set up packages and configs after re-imaging the SD card with a newer OS, and hopefully make it easier to keep up with new system versions or hardware models. Going from Bullseye to Bookworm on the same Pi model seems to perform better as well.

It's nice when an upgrade doesn't just add myriad bloat. :-)
Catventurer: I'm always finding cake in the freezer that I forgot about.
matterbandit: LOL! ;)
Finding forgotten cake in the freezer is awesome during the summer, when it is 80 F (26.6667 C), and I don't want to use the oven because that is always when I want cake the most. Saying that, I need to hurry up and make cake soon. We'll be in full on summer by May if not sooner.
dtgreene: New Raspberry Pi 5 up and running. Feels much snappier than the old one.

(This is the first GOG post from this Pi.)
drm9009: Do you use anything to bootstrap the system or maintain your configs/dotfiles? I finally took the time to write a little Ansible playbook to set up packages and configs after re-imaging the SD card with a newer OS, and hopefully make it easier to keep up with new system versions or hardware models. Going from Bullseye to Bookworm on the same Pi model seems to perform better as well.

It's nice when an upgrade doesn't just add myriad bloat. :-)
No, I just copied my entire home directory, minus the downloads, to the new hard drive. (I went from using a SATA drive with a USB adapter to a USB drive, both SSDs; they run much better than SD cards for typical deaktop/web browsing workloads.)
Black espresso cup of coffee brewed with my stovetop caffettiera. :) Once in a while, I like to quit coffee for 3 to 5 days and start my mornings with japanese matcha or a robust Earl Grey tea or even a spicy fresh ginger juice, just to give my stomach a rest from coffee. But, at the end of those 3 to 5 days, my "first" cup of espresso tastes so intensely delicious. LOL! Great way to start my day!
Fluid time with my cat went extremely well this morning, but I did have one of his programs recorded for him to watch. Happy cat makes me happy.
Catventurer: Fluid time with my cat went extremely well this morning, but I did have one of his programs recorded for him to watch. Happy cat makes me happy.
Oooh, let me guess. The entire video is a single dot zig-zagging around the screen for the entire duration.

In semi-related news, Angel has realized he can ask for my help whenever he loses a cardboard tube under the couch. Both times today, it was barely within my arm's reach but far outside his own.
Post edited April 17, 2024 by LegoDnD
A project I worked on is up for an industry award against some big hitters. Don't expect to win, but the spotlight on the project is pretty bright. NICE!
Catventurer: Fluid time with my cat went extremely well this morning, but I did have one of his programs recorded for him to watch. Happy cat makes me happy.
LegoDnD: Oooh, let me guess. The entire video is a single dot zig-zagging around the screen for the entire duration.
Actually, no. He was watching American Idol.
matterbandit: even a spicy fresh ginger juice
That sounds like it might provide a kind of jolt I'd enjoy. Could you please share how you're preparing this?