It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

liltimmypoccet: Everyone must resist the urge of spending during the sale. This is a golden opportunity to vote with our wallets by not buying any games during the sale.
That really only makes sense if there is some kind of obvious reason for your boycott. Votes don't mean anything if you're voting for nothing.
Fate-is-one-edge: Is there a GOG.com article on how the reputatuion system works?
Lifthrasil: I don't know whether there is still an article on that. But the short answer is: it doesn't. Rep is thoroughly broken and all members, who stick around for a while, realize sooner or later that it doesn't mean anything.

Longer answers:
-you gain 1 rep for each day of forum activity
-you gain 5 rep for providing the answer to a thread marked as question, if the thread opener marks your answer as the solution of the problem.
-you gain up to 5 rep for a post of you being upvoted by sufficient people (little green +)
-you lose up to 5 rep for a one of your posts being downvoted by several people (litte red -)

And that's where the 'broken' stuff comes in. GOG doesn't check whether the accounts that do the up or downvoting are actual active community members or just bots. So there are some people around here who have several alt-accounts and run scripts that seek out every single post of some person they don't like, downvoting each of them. In that way the target of such a bot-attack can lose rep very quickly. The same also works the other way round. I.e. the people using these alt-accounts can, of course, also upvote their own main account. So all in all the Rep number has become arbitrary and just oscillates up and down, depending on whether you caught the attention of one of these trolls or not.
Thank you all for replying with information, embellishing more or less on the topic.
Good talk. Now I have a better understanding of how the "reputation" system functions.
Post edited December 13, 2018 by Fate-is-one-edge
liltimmypoccet: Everyone must resist the urge of spending during the sale. This is a golden opportunity to vote with our wallets by not buying any games during the sale.
During the sale!? You've never bought any games here period! :P
What do you think will X4: Foundations Collector's Edition be on Winter sale? Now this game already patched to the working state (there will be patch 1.5 till Christmas) and it will be good if Winter sale make discount 10%.
It's coming all! Look at your wishlist!
Anyone else notice that the "promoID" for the Thronebreaker sale states "winter_sale_2018_deal"?
RWarehall: Anyone else notice that the "promoID" for the Thronebreaker sale states "winter_sale_2018_deal"?
Ahuehuehuehue. :p
Yes!!!!
It's here!!! Praise be GOG.
Yeah momma!
Great! Including a massive giveaway for a game that's been in my wishlist for some time. :D
figures, I have to go to the DMV, :P
...no Bioshock
...no Civilization V
...no Skyrim

:(
It has begun! :D

Now, I got to switch over to the Chrome browser for viewing, as it's all coming up empty boxes on my older Firefox.
Post edited December 13, 2018 by Nicole28
As usual the front page is broken again.
Attachments: