It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I do not understand the Need for these frequent Updates on Video Games Today...

How is this a form of Video Games on GOG treating us like 2nd class Citizens??

The Fact that STEAM has Frequent Auto Updates for the Client & Video Games??

Is something People really, really hate about STEAM...

The Fact that GOG does not do this, is a good thing...

I'm not saying GOG should never Update,
i'm just saying unless there is an important bad issue,
there should not be any reason to have GOG or it's Games Updated...

Where as STEAM is just being Stupid about this whole Experience...
Alexim: I was wondering why Beat Hazard 3 wasn't on GOG, then I saw this forum post:
https://www.gog.com/forum/beat_hazard_2/from_the_developer/post20

Apparently Beat Hazard 2 is outdated, it's missing languages and features.
MarkoH01: Beat Hazard 2 has far worse problems than this
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post1190
Well, yeah - but it's not not exactly suited for this topic, since I don't think they drop this SOAP for steam version of the game. So shitty as it is, it's not second-class treatment.
Post edited March 11, 2024 by Andrzejef
Andrzejef: Well, yeah - but it's not not exactly suited for this topic, since I don't think they drop this SOAP for steam version of the game. So shitty as it is, it's not second-class treatment.
That's absolutely true - just wanted to warn about the game - sorry for the OT.
Wigmund is two updates behind on GOG.
ver. 1.4.1 here and 1.4.4 on Steam.
The game is good but seems abandonned.
Andrzejef: Well, yeah - but it's not not exactly suited for this topic, since I don't think they drop this SOAP for steam version of the game. So shitty as it is, it's not second-class treatment.
MarkoH01: That's absolutely true - just wanted to warn about the game - sorry for the OT.
Nah, it's alright, it just gets me irrationally pissed up that you need to cross-reference three different spreadsheets to make sure you're getting the proper thing for your money when buying from GOG.
MarkoH01: That's absolutely true - just wanted to warn about the game - sorry for the OT.
Andrzejef: Nah, it's alright, it just gets me irrationally pissed up that you need to cross-reference three different spreadsheets to make sure you're getting the proper thing for your money when buying from GOG.
Yeah, limiting issues to only differences from other stores and ignoring the rest.. doesn't make sense.
But I already tried too many times to convince them, they just stick to the thread title as if it were a dogma.
Alexim: I was wondering why Beat Hazard 3 wasn't on GOG, then I saw this forum post:
https://www.gog.com/forum/beat_hazard_2/from_the_developer/post20

Apparently Beat Hazard 2 is outdated, it's missing languages and features.
MarkoH01: Beat Hazard 2 has far worse problems than this
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post1190
Ugh, I had forgotten about this additional "little" problem. It seems among the worst offenders ever since it's the whole game that doesn't work offline.
high rated
List is updated again!

Xeshra: Missing OPUS: Echo of Starsong Arrangements - Forgotten Sounds
Missing OPUS: Rocket of Whispers: Prologue Original Soundtrack

Maybe someone have to tell them... most likely not on purpose.
I've added the first, for the time being I omitted the second as the prologue itself appears to be absent on GOG.
It's noted though, might add it later.
As Dusk Falls is missing it's Soundtrack.
Bear With Me: The Complete Collection misses the latest update - https://www.gog.com/forum/bear_with_me_the_complete_collection/changelog_bear_with_me_the_complete_collection/post2

GOG version - 0.9.7_29_07_2019
Steam version - 0.9.12_28_08_2019
Post edited March 15, 2024 by Dragonsphere1
Doom 3: BFG Edition on GOG.com is missing the 240Hz update that Steam version has and is still limited to only either 60 FPS and 120 FPS options. The standalone 2019 version of Doom 3 (which is also based on BFG Edition) by Panic Button available on Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store also has the 240Hz update.
Post edited March 26, 2024 by AmethystViper
Risen is four beta patches behind the Steam version,
the first of which was released January 2023.
This was reported earlier in this thread,
but it seemingly never made it into the spreadsheet.
hexadecimal_stew: Risen is four beta patches behind the Steam version,
Exactly and the worst thing is that GOG even removed the original version and now we are stuck with the new version that misses some important bug fixes.
alexandros050: Exactly and the worst thing is that GOG even removed the original version and now we are stuck with the new version that misses some important bug fixes.
There is a workaround to use the old version,
but it's hacky and imperfect.
I don't think beta patches count. And wasn't it that they weren't included in offline installers as a rule?