It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Canuck_Cat: Yes, you should list your currency or location because there are significant differences between USD, CAD, AUD, SGD, etc. For example, the difference is 1080p average 60 FPS high settings on 2021 AAA games and average 144 FPS between CAD and USD on the same $1000 budget.

For $1000 CAD desktop, I'd go with something like this:

- R5 3600 / 5600X
- Optional: Gammax 400 v2 / 212 / Freezer 34 Duo / NH-U12(A / S)
- B550 MOBO that meets your feature specs like included wifi/BT (can consider B450 if you don't use a lot of PCIe lanes)
- 2x8GB 3200+ MHz RAM (up to 3800 MHz) - get 2x16GB if you play MSFS or do heavy workloads
- GTX 1650S 4GB or fairly priced RX 580 8GB (ideally RTX 3060 [Ti] 12GB for 1080p 144Hz)
- 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD like the SN550 / A2000 / SN750
- Additional SATA3 storage with DRAM depending on your mobo and storage needs like the Blue 3D / MX500 / 860 or HDDs like Barracudas / WD Blues
- High airflow case matching your MOBO size like NR600, R1, P360A, Meshify, Lancool, etc.
- 80+ gold 650W+ PSU (can stick to 550W if you only plan to stay in 1080p range in the future)
- Use remaining funds for extra fans to ensure you have at least 2-3 fans intake and 1 exhaust, RGB, Windows 10 key, peripherals, etc.

Cheapest option would be to buy used If you need to buy new, going through an SI like NZXT BLD might be a smart choice too only because of GPU shortages.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
I actually bought my desktop from NZXT and aside from some really wack shipping issues, none of which were their fault, solely on Fedex, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Yes, what is a good buy depends on what you want to play, what you have now and what is available where you live and at what prices and what other choices are there. Specifics to which only the OP has the answers.

Just because someone lives in 'other' does not mean they have access to the same 'other' shops that I do with their prices where an AMD 3400G costs more than an Intel 11400F, a much faster CPU which comes without working integrated graphics or you can pay a tad more and get the non-F with graphics and that much more CPU power.

I checked and it was not actually quite 50% faster, 'only' 40–45% unless you overclock but then you need to buy a cooler.
Post edited May 16, 2021 by Themken
dont forget the rgb mouse pad for extra precise aim if you play online shooters
Now it is a very good time to play some of the gaming backlog away on your current/older system(s)! That is what I am doing while waiting for the market to maybe cool off a bit.

I've just reached the 6th (last) chapter in Icewind Dale 2 (Complete), then I'll play some other games from my backlog. There were a couple of challenging and interesting fights at the end of chapter 5, which revitalized my interest into IWD2 again.

It is nice how the potential PC gaming library is so damn vast you could keep playing your whole life on one spec of a machine, never upgrading. But of course then you don't get to play the latest and greatest games that all the cool kids at school play too. Fortunately i haven't been in a school for decades, so such social pressure does not work on me... but I guess occasionally I'd like to try something very new too.
Post edited May 17, 2021 by timppu
low rated
AMD is trash
low rated
toupz111: AMD is trash
XD
Grow a fresh field of potatoes.