It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy the game from Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind Watchmen. Beyond a Steel Sky, a groundbreaking 3D adventure thriller, is now available on GOG.COM with a 40% discount lasting until 5th April 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Also, be sure to check out the beginning of the game's story with a great adventure title Beneath a Steel Sky available on GOG.COM for free.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
gamesfreak64: I had to look it up because the word sounded negative to me ,
Google showed this page

https://www.linguee.com/dutch-english/translation/direct+control.html

and i noticed this sentence:

""Even though you might
not have any direct control over the outcome of the bid, the fact that your husband has connections
[...] ......
gamesfreak64: :D anyway that sentence sounds as if someone can influence certain outcomes :D
Direct control otherwise known as Point and Tap adventures otherwise known as adventure games where you control the character via keyboard instead of mouse. You never heard of 'direct control'?
gamesfreak64: I had to look it up because the word sounded negative to me ,
Google showed this page

https://www.linguee.com/dutch-english/translation/direct+control.html

and i noticed this sentence:

:D anyway that sentence sounds as if someone can influence certain outcomes :D
pferreira1983: Direct control otherwise known as Point and Tap adventures otherwise known as adventure games where you control the character via keyboard instead of mouse. You never heard of 'direct control'?
If it is like Telltale Games, i heard of it, if it is different then mayb not :D

Anyway i tried the Wolf game, bought the
Telltale Game at a nice sale .... tried it a few minutes but never played it.
gamesfreak64: If it is like Telltale Games, i heard of it, if it is different then mayb not :D

Grim Fandago? Simon the Sorcerer 3D? Gabriel Knight 3? Escape from Monkey Island? All have direct control as in you use a gamepad or keyboard instead of pointing and clicking.
gamesfreak64: If it is like Telltale Games, i heard of it, if it is different then mayb not :D

pferreira1983: Grim Fandago? Simon the Sorcerer 3D? Gabriel Knight 3? Escape from Monkey Island? All have direct control as in you use a gamepad or keyboard instead of pointing and clicking.
Those were the days. I was 9 when I got hooked on these classics. Space Quest VGA, Kings Quest II, Monkey Island I and II, and even the pre 256 bit era. Nostalgia at its finest!
Beneath a Steel Sky and Prisoner of Ice were my favorites. I am shocked they brought back the former!
pferreira1983: Grim Fandago? Simon the Sorcerer 3D? Gabriel Knight 3? Escape from Monkey Island? All have direct control as in you use a gamepad or keyboard instead of pointing and clicking.
Ptr0n: Those were the days. I was 9 when I got hooked on these classics. Space Quest VGA, Kings Quest II, Monkey Island I and II, and even the pre 256 bit era. Nostalgia at its finest!
Beneath a Steel Sky and Prisoner of Ice were my favorites. I am shocked they brought back the former!
My childhood PC couldn't handle anything past the original King's Quest.
You would have been like a god to me if you were able to play those other games.
It wasn't until 1996 that I finally got something new, and by that time it was all about Quake and Doom
Ptr0n: Those were the days. I was 9 when I got hooked on these classics. Space Quest VGA, Kings Quest II, Monkey Island I and II, and even the pre 256 bit era. Nostalgia at its finest!
A shame that apart from Grim Fandango those games I listed show how bad 'direct control' could be for story adventure games.