It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
MarkoH01: Afair there was no checkout step involved in this case. You simply clicked on "get it for free" and in addition to the game being added to your account you should also have received a confirmation mail.
Namida.Pip: u sure ?
everytime I got a free game from GoG I had to do a checkout, I still remember I had to with Jotun...

(anyways, not important actually, and totally off topic =P )
That's why I said "as far as I remember" - so, no, I am not 100% sure. I am sure that it was this way for me but I already owned the game so it could be different with people which did not own the game before.
Post edited July 19, 2017 by MarkoH01
everytime I got a free game from GoG I had to do a checkout, I still remember I had to with Jotun...

MarkoH01: That's why I said "as far as I remember" - so, no, I am not 100% sure. I am sure that it was this way for me but I already owned the game so it could be different with people which did not own the game before.
and what happens in the case you already have the game?
do you get a gift code?

MarkoH01: That's why I said "as far as I remember" - so, no, I am not 100% sure. I am sure that it was this way for me but I already owned the game so it could be different with people which did not own the game before.
If you clicked the blue "Get it for free" button in the FRONT PAGE, then it was automatically added to your account.

If you skipped the front page and went on the GAME's PAGE, it was also available to buy at 0€, but you had to place it in the cart and complete the order to get the game.
phandom: If you clicked the blue "Get it for free" button in the FRONT PAGE, then it was automatically added to your account.

If you skipped the front page and went on the GAME's PAGE, it was also available to buy at 0€, but you had to place it in the cart and complete the order to get the game.
That explains it. I did in fact simply click on the big blue button on the front page.
phandom: If you clicked the blue "Get it for free" button in the FRONT PAGE, then it was automatically added to your account.

cosmic! ♫

(although, sort of weird)
● Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine [free for a limited time] ●
http://store.steampowered.com/app/113020/Monaco_Whats_Yours_Is_Mine/
Post edited July 20, 2017 by Vitaliuz
Vitaliuz: ● Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine [free for a limited time] ●
http://store.steampowered.com/app/113020/Monaco_Whats_Yours_Is_Mine/
I wouldn't say Free, More like a trial at best. I think it uninstalls after the 3 days are up.
yep, looks like one of those free-weekend-thing Steam likes so much...

now, Dead Bits, on the other hand, is free on IndieGala

https://www.indiegala.com/store#giveaway
high rated
Shadow Warrior (2013) (Steam key & DRM-Free) is free on Humble Store for 48 hours.

Link

edit: Appears to only have a Steam key even though the store page says Steam & DRM-Free. Steam key expires August 5th.
Post edited July 20, 2017 by BenKii
BenKii: edit: Appears to only have a Steam key even though the store page says Steam & DRM-Free. Steam key expires August 5th.
same here. I contacted the humble bundle support. I'm sure it's just a bug (I hope).
BenKii: edit: Appears to only have a Steam key even though the store page says Steam & DRM-Free. Steam key expires August 5th.
LiefLayer: same here. I contacted the humble bundle support. I'm sure it's just a bug (I hope).
I doubt they can do a redeem-for-a-limited-time-only offer with DRM free installers.
LiefLayer: same here. I contacted the humble bundle support. I'm sure it's just a bug (I hope).
Randalator: I doubt they can do a redeem-for-a-limited-time-only offer with DRM free installers.
Make sense, if they give away DRM-free installers it's as gd as giving away the game permanently. But we can all hope...
Store page shows only a Steam key now.
Post edited July 20, 2017 by Grargar
Grargar: Store page shows only a Steam key now.
OT

What IN THE HELL is that cat doing?
"Thanks for reaching out to Humble Bundle Support. The DRM-Free logo on that banner should not have been displayed. We only have this game redeemable on Steam. I apologize for the confusion.

Please let me know if you have any further inquiries."

humble bundle support...