It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: (Snip Epistory info) The devs also do regular updates. It's really highly recommended.
Do you happen to know whether the devs update the version on Humble regularly or is it just Steam that gets the updates? Thanks.
MarkoH01: (Snip Epistory info) The devs also do regular updates. It's really highly recommended.
Pajama: Do you happen to know whether the devs update the version on Humble regularly or is it just Steam that gets the updates? Thanks.
Unfortunately I also only own the game on Steam until now. I can tell you that even the Steam version does not require Steam to run if you create a textfile steam_appid.txt with the number 398850 in it. But the devs are answering questions pretty fast. I can ask them if you like.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by MarkoH01
Pajama: Do you happen to know whether the devs update the version on Humble regularly or is it just Steam that gets the updates? Thanks.
MarkoH01: Unfortunately I also only own the game on Steam until now. I can tell you that even the Steam version does not require Steam to run if you create a textfile steam_appid.txt with the number 398850 in it. But the devs are answering questions pretty fast. I can ask them if you like.
That would be good if you could as I'm not a Steam user - thank you :)
MarkoH01: Unfortunately I also only own the game on Steam until now. I can tell you that even the Steam version does not require Steam to run if you create a textfile steam_appid.txt with the number 398850 in it. But the devs are answering questions pretty fast. I can ask them if you like.
Pajama: That would be good if you could as I'm not a Steam user - thank you :)
Since I already promised them a long time ago to correct the German localisation (a promise which I unfortunately did not keep yet because I totally forgot) I already wrote them a mail and I just included your question as well. I am pretty sure they will reply before the bundle is over. :)
MarkoH01: Since I already promised them a long time ago to correct the German localisation (a promise which I unfortunately did not keep yet because I totally forgot) I already wrote them a mail and I just included your question as well. I am pretty sure they will reply before the bundle is over. :)
Thank you - at least there's 13 days before the Bundle is over, so hopefully plenty of time :)
Leroux: Yes; when you travel around on the map that's rather trivial, but there are "boss battles" that are kind of like tower defense mini-games, in which you can't move and enemies keep coming closer from all sides. From what I recall they have words above their heads and you quickly have to decide who to target first and then quickly type the words. There were a few things to spice it up, like different elements you can switch between.
MarkoH01: Exactly. The words are over the head of the enemy and the harder the enemys get the longer the words are. You will also get some special abilitys which you can buy by receiving points. The atmospere in the game is great and they spiced it up with the mentioned elemens, missing light sources (which you also have to turn on by typing the name of the light sources) and some minor puzzles. It's really fun and you don't need to be a typing genius. There's also kind of a story in it with a conclusion in the end - something you would not expect in the beginning. The great thing for me is that the game play as if you were riding (you ride on a fox) through a book and the narration is written down in the book while you are traversing it. The devs also do regular updates. It's really highly recommended.
That's a good summary. For me the coolest thing was how they made that book theme work - as you unlock new areas it unfolds out of space like paper. Even several hours in it's still really satisfying to watch that art/animation in motion.

Once unfurled I think some of the areas work better than others, but the unlocking itself I found pretty magical.
Pajama: That would be good if you could as I'm not a Steam user - thank you :)
The devs did not reply yet but another user told me that at least the DRM-free humble Mac release is at 1.3.5 and that is the actual Steam version as well so this does not seem to be an issue.
WuuuuU
MarkoH01: The devs did not reply yet but another user told me that at least the DRM-free humble Mac release is at 1.3.5 and that is the actual Steam version as well so this does not seem to be an issue.
Many thanks for the info.

I decided to buy the game and can confirm that the DRM-free Windows version is also 1.3.5. Kudos to the devs :)
The contents for Humble Monthly's November bundle have just been revealed. The games are:

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Early Unlock)
Quake Champions Early Access plus 50 Shards, 100 Platinum, 2000 Favor (Early Unlock)
ESO Vanity pet: Bristlegut Piglet and 15 days of ESO Plus (Early Unlock)
The Elder Scrolls: Legends: 2 Card Packs (Skyrim) 1 Event Ticket 100 Gold 100 Souls (Early Unlock)
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (Also DRM-Free)
Dead Rising 2
Silence (Also DRM-Free)
Emily is Away Too
World to the West
Wilmot's Warehouse (Humble Original, DRM-Free only)

Next month's Early Unlock is H1Z1 + 2 in-game Trickster crates.
Post edited November 03, 2017 by Grargar
IndieGala Friday Special #58 Bundle of Steam games

$1 or more to get these amazing Steam games:

Resurgence (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Randomizator (STEAM)
Sally's Law (STEAM) + Trading Cards

$3.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 11 STEAM GAMES:

Premier Buggy Racing Tour (STEAM)
Winds Of Trade (STEAM) + Trading Cards
BattleCore Arena (STEAM)
Super Chibi Knight (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Plasma Puncher (STEAM)
Kingdom Wars 2: Battles (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Neon Chrome (STEAM)
**10 GalaGold**[www.indiegala.com]
gixgox: IndieGala Friday Special #58 Bundle of Steam games

$1 or more to get these amazing Steam games:

Resurgence (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Randomizator (STEAM)
Sally's Law (STEAM) + Trading Cards

$3.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 11 STEAM GAMES:

Premier Buggy Racing Tour (STEAM)
Winds Of Trade (STEAM) + Trading Cards
BattleCore Arena (STEAM)
Plasma Puncher (STEAM)
Kingdom Wars 2: Battles (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Neon Chrome (STEAM)
**10 GalaGold**[www.indiegala.com]
super chibi knight is really fun I played the whole game It isn't super long and it's vaguely Zelda 2ish
Tomastiler: Call of duty series are great, good games usually are not cheap.
That one might take the crown of 'most useless post in this thread ever'.
Streets of Rogue on Chrono.gg, 67% off.
Stooner: WuuuuU
EEoooowww :D