It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
greeklover: Thanks for the giveaway and have a great conference. Do you work for Daedalic Entertainment by any chance? Asking because it's a German company and I see many of its games in the giveaway.

In for Grim Dawn
No, but I also know a PR manager who works there ;-)
MadalinStroe: Thank you for the giveaway, DanielRuf! I hope you enjoy the conference. +1

I'm in for Freespace 2.

enterJS apparently is Enterprise JavaScript, whatever that means, because the site is in Chinese. I mean, I know what JavaScript is, I've used it a lot recently. But what does the Enterprise JavaScript mean? From what I can tick-tock with the help of google it's just a fangled marketing name. Is it a "best practices" set of rules for using javascript in the enterprise environment?
Not exactly. Node.js, AI, ML, Microservices, Cloud and so on are also important enterprise solutions and there are people from some big companies too.

It is mainly about scalable and current tech solutions and possibilities.
VeTrack: Just curious, are you there as an exhibitor or speaker?

Also, trying my luck on Doom 3: BFG Edition.
Normal attendee but connecting with interesting people. But we also do our own frontend meetup and I am also active as speaker and organizer with some colleagues.
gogtrial34987: Ooh, you got Chris Heilmann as the opening keynote. Haven't seen him speak since he transferred to Microsoft, but he's generally one of my favorite inspirational speakers. Hope he was in fine form this morning!

The conference is a bit too German-heavy and framework-heavy for me to consider, but it does look interesting. Hope you'll have a great time!

If you don't end up giving it away at the conference, I'd like to be in for Grim Dawn.
His keynote was great and we will chat a bit with him today =)
Post edited June 21, 2018 by DanielRuf
high rated
dtgreene: I would be interested in talking about programming on this forum (even though it really isn't ideal for this purpose due to lack of a good way to preserve the formatting of code samples).

I'm in for the empty list of games. (In other words, I'm not in for this giveaway.)

Does the conference touch at all about misuses of JavaScript and when not to use it?

Some of the main problems with JavaScript use in the browser, as I see it, are the following:
* Sites relying on JavaScript for basic functionality. Such functions should either not rely on JavaScript (preferable), or if that's not realistic, at least provide alternatives. (There's a reason the HTML noscript tag exists.)
* Very often, JavaScript on websites depends on external sources; this is the main reason, I believe, that web pages use far more bandwidth than they ought to. There's also the problem that languages that compile to JavaScript often output code (or have dependencies) that are far larger than the original JavaScript.
* (Probably others, but I can't think of them right now.)

Edit: Also, don't forget the "left-pad" fiasco, which is another case of an unnecessary dependency. (That module is small enough that you should probably just include the code in your project directly instead of depending on it, and is something that maybe belongs in the standard library (Python3 has str.rjust(), for example).
I totally understand your concerns and many things of thisbwere addressed in the keynote and in the talks.

Yes, also misuses are also topic of some parts and how to do things the correct way.

Personally our frontend team and me remove all external dependencies (CDNs can fail and well, GDPR) and improve performance and bundling (WPO is crucial for me and us).

Best practice solutions tackle and solve all these issues. It's just a question of the right tools and approaches.
pkk234: Hello, thanks for this huge giveaway!
I'm no programmer, but enjoy the conference! What do y'all talk about?

I'd like to be in for The Witcher 3 GOTY.
Mainly about JavaScript.

So far no one approached me at enterJS regarding the games but my tweets were also retweeted by the organizers.

So I guess all people here in this thread will get something frpm the list.

Keep in mind that there are bundles (separated by empty lines) and this is just one code then.

I will start sending the first codes at the end of this week if this is ok for all of you.

Feedback is very welcome.
Post edited June 21, 2018 by DanielRuf
Wow! This giveaway is wonderful! Please count me in for Technobabylon: Deluxe Edition, or Resonance. Thank you. +1. I never heard of this enterJS conference before, but after hearing about it in this thread, I'm going to look it up.
Thank you for the giveaway! May I try my luck with Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete?
Nice giveaway, may I enter for these?

Crysis
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Quake: The Offering
Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete
Warlords Battlecry 3

Thanks for the chance
DanielRuf: Keep in mind that there are bundles (separated by empty lines) and this is just one code then.
When you go to the redeem page and try the code for the bundle(you can check it by entering code, doing the captcha and then press cancel) , can you choose which games to redeem from the bundle by checking some squares? If yes, then we can split the big bundles so that more people get games. For example, you can send the bundle code to person 1,he redeems game 1, then you pass the same code to person 2, he redeems game 2 from the remaining games etc. This is done in the gog community giveaway and there is trust in general that one person will redeem only the games he won or else he ends in the scammers' list. And if not, you can always ask gog support to help with breaking a bundle.
Post edited June 21, 2018 by greeklover
Wow, thanks for the very generous giveaway! I'd like to be in for Broken Age: The Complete Adventure please.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by AB2012
Don't understand much beyond fiddling with other people's scripts, but I hope you're enjoying (enjoyed?) the conference.

If you're still accepting entries, I'd like to be considered for:

- Shardlight: Special Edition
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Either way, +1, and cheers for the most generous GA.
Thanks for this massive giveaway DanielRuf!

If you're still accepting entries I'd also like to enter for one of these titles:

Singularity™
Doom 3: BFG Edition
Quake III: Gold
Blackwell Bundle
Tomb Raider 1+2+3
Hitman: Codename 47

I hope the conference was instructive and fun!
So how was it? Are you absolutely full of Java now? :)

I'd like to throw my hat in for a chance at The Witcher 3 if I may. Thanks for your extreme generosity to the community.
Asbeau: So how was it? Are you absolutely full of Java now? :)
They've probably drinked a lot of coffee - and it's probably the only thing they have in common with Java developers :)
Attachments:
ciemnogrodzianin: They've probably drinked a lot of coffee - and it's probably the only thing they have in common with Java developers :)
Either I messed up, or ham is actually made from hamsters. The first one seems more likely.
Hey, if you all talking puns about Java then I do in fact live in the Island of Java in the West Java Province and daily drinks Java planted in East Java.
If I am not late to attend this massive giveaway, I'd like to be in for:

Singularity™;
Crysis®;
Dead Space™;
Doom 3: BFG Edition;
Quake 4;
Conflict: Desert Storm;
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000;
Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

BTW thank you for the giveaway.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by kmcoolice
DanielRuf: Keep in mind that there are bundles (separated by empty lines) and this is just one code then.
greeklover: When you go to the redeem page and try the code for the bundle(you can check it by entering code, doing the captcha and then press cancel) , can you choose which games to redeem from the bundle by checking some squares? If yes, then we can split the big bundles so that more people get games. For example, you can send the bundle code to person 1,he redeems game 1, then you pass the same code to person 2, he redeems game 2 from the remaining games etc. This is done in the gog community giveaway and there is trust in general that one person will redeem only the games he won or else he ends in the scammers' list. And if not, you can always ask gog support to help with breaking a bundle.
I'm not sure. I'll ask the support then when I come to the bundles. Will start with the first single games and gift codes this Sunday or starting next week on Monday. Currently my private todolist is a bit long after the enterJS conference.

I'd like to throw my hat in for a chance at The Witcher 3 if I may. Thanks for your extreme generosity to the community.
JavaScript, ES6, Node.js. Yes =)
Java and JavaScript are not (directly) related and two different things ;-)
But enterprise often still relies on Java in the backend.
ciemnogrodzianin: They've probably drinked a lot of coffee - and it's probably the only thing they have in common with Java developers :)
There was more Club Mate and beer =)
Post edited June 23, 2018 by DanielRuf