It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play it forward.

Community Level Pack, a DLC for Overload, is now available DRM-free, 25% off until November 2nd, 1pm UTC. The base game is also 25% for the duration.

This is a selection of nine curated community-made levels (made with the Editor) that will challenge and delight in equal measure. Dodge, spin, and swirl through treacherous corridors, smash hordes of murder-bots and conquer the leaderboards.
That's nice and all but, again - what's the hold-up in regards to finally selling Overload's soundtrack on GoG?

From the sounds of it it's GoG that's stalling things? Are the mysterious curation criteria applied to soundtracks now as well?

"We've tried getting it on GOG but haven't made much progress, don't count on it being available."

https://twitter.com/PlayOverload/status/1047156468066275329
What the? Paying for mods has now appeared on gog.com? Paying for maps made by modders made with the level editor?

This is so bad I disprove heavily.

As someone said a few days ago on resetera.com capitalism is killing gaming.
Johnathanamz: What the? Paying for mods has now appeared on gog.com? Paying for maps made by modders made with the level editor?

age old tradition, for example Final Doom and Master levels for Doom
Johnathanamz: What the? Paying for mods has now appeared on gog.com? Paying for maps made by modders made with the level editor?

amok: age old tradition, for example Final Doom and Master levels for Doom
Depends if these community maps are available for free already, or if the developers contracted them to make these maps.
amok: age old tradition, for example Final Doom and Master levels for Doom
Crosmando: Depends if these community maps are available for free already, or if the developers contracted them to make these maps.
Supposedly the maps are available for free if you download and install them yourself... but aren't supported with the leaderboards etc...

Personally this is close to paid mods / creation club BS - especially when the "campaign" isn't really such but it's cheap... so eh..
Post edited October 26, 2018 by Bigs

Yep, I thought that off the bat. But then there are already paid mods here for a while, Viking conquest for instance. If the content is good it doesn't matter too much, pay for them or don't. If however it leads to mod workshop, loads of knockoff reskins, endless nothing conthing dlc for lots of money then bad. Unfortunately I can't tell on this one. But there certainly are other examples here of "portrait packs" and such like.
One other thing to add, with mods, if something goes wrong or is not implemented, then I tend to be quite forgiving. Maybe let the guy know there is a bug, thank him for the work and move on. If however I am paying for something then not so much. There is an expectation that commercial should be higher quality control.
I really like Overload, but collecting payment for community created mods is really shabby.

Now if the devs of Overload would create some Co-Op levels instead, I'd happily pay for that. But I'll pass on this pack and install the community created levels myself.
Nine Single-Player levels assembled into a new mission (Eodem Sequitur) with progression, unlocks, and a secret level.
*Twelve Challenge Mode levels.
*Online leaderboard support for the new CM levels.
*Levels created by members of the Overload community.

I could be wrong, but it looks as though they're community mods that were "modded" into a cohesive mission type structure by the devs, so it's not a straight mod collection, please devs or blue text confirm this, as that would be a much better pill to swallow than simply a direct bundling of community mods of which we could easily download separately!
Post edited October 26, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
Johnathanamz: As someone said a few days ago on resetera.com capitalism is killing gaming.
Without capitalism, you would probably see very few new games.
Post edited October 26, 2018 by DoomSooth
Johnathanamz: As someone said a few days ago on resetera.com capitalism is killing gaming.
DoomSooth: Without capitalism, you would porbably see very few new games.
I am talking about controlled capitalism where there is some laws to prevent companies from abusing and trying to earn money off of everything.
I don't know if the 50% cut is fair, but I'm ok with this in general.
I was more kinda worried we wouldn't see this content here. It's already annoying enough not having the soundtracks for quite some games as opposed to Steam.
No, this would open the gates to Creation Club-like constructions, which I find abhorrent. I vote "No" with my wallet.
Post edited October 26, 2018 by jorlin