It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: You're welcome. That really is a game that at least anyone with any shred of interest in RPGs or good characters and/or dialogue or vampires or simply good atmosphere should play. Normally I take real issue with buggy releases and this was up there with the worst of them, but even so, not even counting the fan patches, it was something else.

And yeah, you're not the only one who took it like that, so that's just why I changed it when they increased the character limit.
Any experience about the other 2 Troika’s games (ToEE and Arcanum)? I heard good words about their games, but haven’t had the chance to play any of them. I heard that all of them are all somewhat buggy though…
Makotolia: Any experience about the other 2 Troika’s games (ToEE and Arcanum)? I heard good words about their games, but haven’t had the chance to play any of them. I heard that all of them are all somewhat buggy though…
Arcanum, good world and concepts, and one of the few games (of the sort with a story and proper end, as there were some others that lack these and don't count) I started and played to various points multiple times, admittedly back when I still did that at all. May even be the last, not counting a few bad starts that I realized would get me nowhere quickly and had to start over better. Problem was that I never finished it. Need to know the bugs to avoid (heh, Troika) and the levels of the companions you can have, so you won't reach them when you're higher and have them stay behind on level from then on, that made for most of the restarting (a guide would have helped...), but eventually reached a point that just stumped me, had no idea what to do and eventually just gave up. Not sure it wasn't another bug though, since my gf (at the time... :/) said she had gotten past that by doing something I was sure I was also doing myself. Since that was far along, just dropped it after that.
(Edit: Funny thing, since exp is gained by your character hitting enemies, not according to kills or damage dealt but number of hits, you need one that can land plenty of hits. Tricky when making a mage, but could still manage well enough... till that elf joined and I gave her an insane bow I found, fired at least 20 shots a round, maybe even 30? Also went through arrows like crazy, but if she had enough any enemy that showed up was dead before it got close. Good luck having any other character, main one or not, land any hits...)

ToEE, started it, got cleric poisoned by a spider in the very first fight and saw the effect wasn't even cured by resting, needed curing, likely at a temple or such, deleted it and never considered it again.
Post edited October 14, 2018 by Cavalary
"Oh no, you completely misunderstood.
When I was posting (which I meanwhile deleted because I was wrong) that this would be the wrong thread I thought so because I did not see the game on the list. I don't know if you are an active (has nothing to do with trustworty) member or not and I have nothing to say here at all. Just wait until zeogold (the host) has evaluated your requerst.

I really apologize if my post was the reason for confusion here. As I said, I did delete my post - only the quoted part is still visible which unfortunately I cannot do anything about. Please just wait for zeogold to reply to your request and again: sorry!"

Ah ok all clear.

"...wait, so do you actually want the game, or...?"

yes, I want the game please.

there was a misunderstanding with MarkoH01.
Polaris8Nicola7: "...wait, so do you actually want the game, or...?"

I think the reason he wondered if you want the game is because you said:
My PC or notebook is too bad for the game anyway.
Thanks a lot DampSquib, for Circle Empires! I'll probably give it a go pretty soon. :)
Of course a big thank you to Zeo as well for doing an amazing job at organizing this with little time he has at his disposal!

Also, thanks to all the other donors who keep this train of gaming happiness running. These few words can't do you enough justice but you should know your efforts and generosity ARE very much appreciated.
Makotolia: Huge thanks to Cavalary and zeo for THAT Bloodlines!
The new version of the Clan Quest Mod is coming out on the 26th. So after playing through the game once you should give that a try.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod
Makotolia: Any experience about the other 2 Troika’s games (ToEE and Arcanum)? I heard good words about their games, but haven’t had the chance to play any of them. I heard that all of them are all somewhat buggy though…
Cavalary: Arcanum, good world and concepts, and one of the few games (of the sort with a story and proper end, as there were some others that lack these and don't count) I started and played to various points multiple times, admittedly back when I still did that at all. May even be the last, not counting a few bad starts that I realized would get me nowhere quickly and had to start over better. Problem was that I never finished it. Need to know the bugs to avoid (heh, Troika) and the levels of the companions you can have, so you won't reach them when you're higher and have them stay behind on level from then on, that made for most of the restarting (a guide would have helped...), but eventually reached a point that just stumped me, had no idea what to do and eventually just gave up. Not sure it wasn't another bug though, since my gf (at the time... :/) said she had gotten past that by doing something I was sure I was also doing myself. Since that was far along, just dropped it after that.
(Edit: Funny thing, since exp is gained by your character hitting enemies, not according to kills or damage dealt but number of hits, you need one that can land plenty of hits. Tricky when making a mage, but could still manage well enough... till that elf joined and I gave her an insane bow I found, fired at least 20 shots a round, maybe even 30? Also went through arrows like crazy, but if she had enough any enemy that showed up was dead before it got close. Good luck having any other character, main one or not, land any hits...)

ToEE, started it, got cleric poisoned by a spider in the very first fight and saw the effect wasn't even cured by resting, needed curing, likely at a temple or such, deleted it and never considered it again.
Thanks for sharing your impressions!

I finally grew to dislike referring to a walkthrough at my 1st playthrough these years (I used to do that like it’s a must when I was a kid), but I’m thinking that maybe I can scout out some of the progress blocking bugs beforehand to still enjoy it, if it’s excellent in world, characters and story. All the games that I played which lack proper stories and convincing world building these years (they may be good at combat and character customization departments though) really start to cause an itch.

I seem to hear that some fan-made patches have fixed plenty of the bugs in ToEE these years (though there are probably still plenty of them, and not sure if the poison thing is actually a bug), and since there’s no many games featuring a DND rule set these days anymore, I may still try it at some point though.

Makotolia: Huge thanks to Cavalary and zeo for THAT Bloodlines!
theslitherydeee: The new version of the Clan Quest Mod is coming out on the 26th. So after playing through the game once you should give that a try.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod
Thanks very much for the headsup!
Post edited October 15, 2018 by Makotolia
"I think the reason he wondered if you want the game is because you said:
My PC or notebook is too bad for the game anyway."

what i mean with that is that i can play the game with my PC or Notebook but not on full graphic details.

But if you have the chance to get a game for free and the codes have to go anyway, then you can confidently access.
Why not?
Maybe I'll have a better PC someday.
Polaris8Nicola7: "...wait, so do you actually want the game, or...?"

Just a friendly pointer for the GOG forum - move your pointer up to the upper right of the post you want to respond to and you will see a "reply" button pop up. If you do not use the "reply" button on the post you wish to reply to, it will not notify the person that someone has replied to their post. Using the "reply" both quotes the post so everyone knows which post you are referring to, and places a notice to the poster. (Yes, I know it's hidden otherwise and you may not have had to work your way around this sub-optimal forum to have known yet - thus the friendly tip.)

zeogold currently has a very busy university schedule so he may not be on much nor know you have replied you want the game if you don't use the "reply" button to quote his post so he gets notified.
Makotolia: I finally grew to dislike referring to a walkthrough at my 1st playthrough these years (I used to do that like it’s a must when I was a kid), but I’m thinking that maybe I can scout out some of the progress blocking bugs beforehand to still enjoy it, if it’s excellent in world, characters and story. All the games that I played which lack proper stories and convincing world building these years (they may be good at combat and character customization departments though) really start to cause an itch.

I seem to hear that some fan-made patches have fixed plenty of the bugs in ToEE these years (though there are probably still plenty of them, and not sure if the poison thing is actually a bug), and since there’s no many games featuring a DND rule set these days anymore, I may still try it at some point though.
Oh, quite sure the poison thing wasn't a bug, seemed like the way it was meant, which was why I didn't want to bother with it, seemed too punishing.
... unlike for example a weapon with a negative attribute modifier in Arcanum which applies it whenever equipped and doesn't remove it when unequipped, so permanent stat drop, remove and reequip, double it, repeat, triple, no way to recover except a save from before equipping it the first time.
And speaking of things to keep in mind in Arcanum, get the dog right away! Remember that one. In Ashbury, go there right away and find him before he gets killed, need to be fast, and then you get a free companion. If you hit your companion limit with him in party others may refuse to join (I think?), but drop him for a moment, get new companion, get him back and he'll rejoin, and you'll get a tough melee fighter as extra companion, and loyal, no risk of leaving depending on what you do.

But we're rather derailing the thread here... And I'm going on 15-16 y/o memories anyway, so quite muddy.
Makotolia: I finally grew to dislike referring to a walkthrough at my 1st playthrough these years (I used to do that like it’s a must when I was a kid), but I’m thinking that maybe I can scout out some of the progress blocking bugs beforehand to still enjoy it, if it’s excellent in world, characters and story. All the games that I played which lack proper stories and convincing world building these years (they may be good at combat and character customization departments though) really start to cause an itch.

Cavalary: Oh, quite sure the poison thing wasn't a bug, seemed like the way it was meant, which was why I didn't want to bother with it, seemed too punishing.
... unlike for example a weapon with a negative attribute modifier in Arcanum which applies it whenever equipped and doesn't remove it when unequipped, so permanent stat drop, remove and reequip, double it, repeat, triple, no way to recover except a save from before equipping it the first time.
And speaking of things to keep in mind in Arcanum, get the dog right away! Remember that one. In Ashbury, go there right away and find him before he gets killed, need to be fast, and then you get a free companion. If you hit your companion limit with him in party others may refuse to join (I think?), but drop him for a moment, get new companion, get him back and he'll rejoin, and you'll get a tough melee fighter as extra companion, and loyal, no risk of leaving depending on what you do.

But we're rather derailing the thread here... And I'm going on 15-16 y/o memories anyway, so quite muddy.
Dog? There's a dog companion?? But of course, what was I expecting from the guys who created Fallout? XD

Yeah, I feel the same way, time to stop further derailing. I will ask further questions at the specific forums when the need rises. Thanks again for sharing your opinions and advice!
Lifthrasil: Oh, by the way. To all: At least one of the Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey keys expires in 10 days. So if someone wants that game, now would be the time to request it.
Thank you for the Oddworld!
Glad I can get it before it expires.

Also thank you to zeogold for the delivery, appreciate your dedication.
BranjoHello: Thanks a lot DampSquib, for Circle Empires! I'll probably give it a go pretty soon. :)
Of course a big thank you to Zeo as well for doing an amazing job at organizing this with little time he has at his disposal!

Also, thanks to all the other donors who keep this train of gaming happiness running. These few words can't do you enough justice but you should know your efforts and generosity ARE very much appreciated.
You're welcome.
This game look interesting :-)

Zeo, may I ask for Hybrid Wars - Full Package
low rated
So I just wanted to ask how long do I have to participate to become a reputable member?