It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: would you say that Elden Ring is an inferior Skyrim?
No because Elden Ring is far superior to Skyrim.

amok: And apart from the technical problems, there is not really anything inferior with this game either. A bit of jank, yes, but that is part of the charm with games like this
The combat in Elden Ring is better than DD2 for sure.
And what is this nonsense about "apart from technical problems" as if that's not a critical part of software.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by EverNightX
amok: would you say that Elden Ring is an inferior Skyrim?
EverNightX: No because Elden Ring is far superior to Skyrim.
not sure if joking, or really just missing the point

amok: And apart from the technical problems, there is not really anything inferior with this game either. A bit of jank, yes, but that is part of the charm with games like this
EverNightX: The combat in Elden Ring is better than DD2 for sure.
And what is this nonsense about "apart from technical problems" as if that's not a critical part of software.
and can also be fixed in the next patch. however, if something is fundamentaly wrong with the game design - that cant be patched .
Post edited March 23, 2024 by amok
EverNightX: It only lets you make a single character. You need to pay money to restart with a new character.

No thanks. I'm sure there's a way you can jump thru hoops outside the game to get around it but, no thanks.
Looking at steam and reddit, you can delete your save files to start a new game. BUT, denuvo counts each new game as a fresh install and only gives you a limited number of installs. There are people that denuvo locked out of their game. Terrible design decision.
tremere110: Looking at steam and reddit, you can delete your save files to start a new game. BUT, denuvo counts each new game as a fresh install and only gives you a limited number of installs. There are people that denuvo locked out of their game. Terrible design decision.
Yeah, it's a disastrous launch.
Guess GoG users did not miss a lot by not getting this game. There is just so many issues, paired with microtransactions and a very restrictive DRM (although, that one is usually not a issue to Steam users)... the ratings are more than critical... which is not usual.

Absolutely not typical for Japanese mentality providing such a "broken game", yet... this was simply the way the games in nowadays age are moving, so... it have to be expected.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by Xeshra
Xeshra: [...]
Absolutely not typical for Japanese mentality providing such a "broken game", yet... this was simply the way the games in nowadays age are moving, so... it have to be expected.
For a PC game, yes it is not unusal. "Bad Capcom port" is a meme now. Unsurprisingly, the PS5 version has almost non of these problems
Thank the gods, there is a SE sale going on at the same time! You can always indulge yourself in Nier or Stranger of Paradise, or any FF title out there. . . I mean, you could buy both Nier games and Stranger of Paradise for almost the same price as DD2
Post edited March 23, 2024 by Zimerius
Aha... well, good reason owning a PS5 i guess. I actually got this game for my PS5 with a (well the look is ugly... Capcom got no taste) Steelbook but my expectations are not to high. I simply was curious and could not resist as a core gamer. I could even sell it if it sucks to much... the Steelbook is sold out almost everywhere. My shop got lesser than 200, which is close to nothing for the biggest shop in my country. Nope, there is close to no physical discs anyway... as Capcom would rather provide it totally digitally, so the disc margin was close to none. I guess the only reason they still provide a disc is because of traditions.

Stranger of Paradise was crap... i did not even get the addon anymore... just not worth it.

Nier, no clue... i had the first Nier on PS3 but no other Nier anymore.

To be honest: I would not consider this game "hassle free" on PS5 because i have to update this game DAY 1 and then i tells me "the update failed and i need to update firmware first"... and i am not logged in because system firmware not up to date anymore. The "Online junk" is a big burden to me... almost no hassle free plug und offlineplay anymore. However, the game in theory works without Online connection... as i could still play it this way. I guess the disc version of PS5 is the currently only way playing it offline for extended period.

Lets see if i can properly update it... still.

Now i have to update my Dual Sense controller... my dear, can i play soon?

Rise of the Ronin was actually delivered too, on the same delivery date. So i "have" to install this as well. Currently it is a PS5 exclusive so... guess another good reason owning a PS5. The size of the game is bigger than Dragon Dogma 2, so lets see... what i get here, I have every single game installed because my PS5 got a upgraded 4 TB SSD.
I guess it would make sense to buy a ps5 if you are really into these sorts of big bang mega releases. Cheaper than a pc, probably more optimization etc etc
I did not notice this game being a "mega release" or even "big bang". It is simply a franchise game to me with a pretty solid quality and because i am mainly a RPG gamer it surely is a game i have to take into consideration. There are many great games at almost any "bang level"... i could care less "how people rate it".

Currently testing it out...

Sure, i paid a lot for my hardware but most likely i paid even more for all my software so... as long as software and hardware costs are in a balance it makes sense to me. It would surely make few sense getting a super pricy PC (4000 coins or even more) with just a bunch of games... But as far as the PS5 is concerned, as soon as someone got more than 10 games the hardware cost is already "beaten" by the software, in most cases. On PC, if you got a super pricy PC.... it may take several hundred games to beat this price... yet this is still possible but i would say "core gamer only".

Indeed, if someone still is not owning a PS5... at the current time i would wait for the PS5 Pro... this way even RT is possible with sufficient performance. Currently, the PS5 is not capable of handling truly high settings at good FPS, but with lower settings it is actually the first capable 4k-console.

Rise of the Ronin got a RT mode too but it is clear to me... this is a PS5 Pro feature and not yet ready to be used (unless you totally screw your performance... just for screen archers).

To get some info regarding costs in MY case:

PS5: 1000 (including a 4 TB SSD)
Software @average 60°° x (around) 25 games= 1500 (hardware cost was beaten at 17 games)

°°Sometimes a game cost me in total up to 100 (with addons) sometimes i get a discounted "old" game at less than 50... so this is pretty exactly the "average cost per game". Without SSD upgrade the hardware cost would be beaten at around 9 games (non core gamer-case).

High End PC: 4500 (could vary a lot, just to get some hint. Way more difficult to calculate because much higher fluctuations). Of course, it could be gotten cheaper by now, this was simply MY own costs (FINAL build, without losses on destroyed hardware due to different reasons). The exact price is not even a matter, just in order to get a good estimation how it finally may look.

High End PC:
GPU: 1300
MB: 750
CPU: 400
SSD 4 TB: 450
SSD 2x2 TB: 500 (surely cheaper yet... no use to me. Can not wait forever).
PSU: 350 (yeah, it is not a discount PSU... it is a Seasonic Titanium)
HDD 20 TB: 300
RAM: 200
Cooler: 200
Case: 150 (pricy but many fans included)
KB/Mouse: 150

Total: 4550 ... so we are in the 4500 range (the last PC was way cheaper but this is more than 10 years ago... it does not count anymore)... at least. Although with a very generous SSD/HDD setup and very high hardware quality.

Good SSDs and big HDDs are very pricy... this a high cost factor, often underestimated.

Anyway, now to look at my software costs for PC;

I own roughly 500 GoG games, as this is almost any PC game i got, so i simply will have to handle their average price. Hard to say but in usual the GoG games are in the range between 10 and 30 coins... a few just a few coins and a bunch of "record holders" with over 100 coins. In average i guess it is about 25 coins for me (1/2 to 1/3 the price of PS5 games, however, i buy MOST PS5 games at launch... but almost never a GoG game at launch... because GoG simply just got way lesser launch-games)... as i rather buy pretty high quality games, and i got the Switzerland-handycap (means i pay the highest GoG price worldwide).

So... finally average 25 x 500 games = 12 500 CHF.... wow... more than i actually guessed.... but it took me more than 10 years... so it was not more than 1000 a year. If i add 1000 hardware cost a year for "luxury hardware"... it is probably around 2000 a year in total on PC (probably cheaper, because my PC may last above 5 years), additionally 830 a year for my PS5 (2500 in 3 years), i have total Hardware/Software costs of less than 3000 a year, everything included here.

Anyway... the software cost on PC was CLEARLY beating the hardware cost... by about the same margin just as on PS5 (around factor 1.5x, including losses).

So... yeah, a core gamer will have to worry about the software price. Things are different for casual gamers of course... but this is not me.

Yet... if i compare my hardware cost with my car.... a car will cost me around 6000 a year.... the PC costs are already a bargain... so everything is RELATIVE. If i REALLY want to save up on coins... my car is the better thing in order to "sacrifice".
Xeshra: Guess GoG users did not miss a lot by not getting this game. There is just so many issues, paired with microtransactions and a very restrictive DRM (although, that one is usually not a issue to Steam users)... the ratings are more than critical... which is not usual.

I'd love for GOG to later get a PC port of DD2 without any of the current Steam-version bullcrap of MTX's, Denuvo, Enigma DRM, Steam client-app requirements; and likely when hardware by then can make sure DD2 runs great by brute force.

I'm dreaming here.

Thankfully DD1: DA came here to GOG. I still need to finish that one anyways.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by MysterD
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on GoG need some "fixes" but they are available as a mod... simply the updated Steam files. Capcom themself did not bother at all updating their actually ONLY GoG game°°... which is sad but i hope the time will come even Capcom is moving somewhat away from their currently restrictive and... somewhat loveless path... hope can not be eliminated any quick.

Sure... to me... one of the best Capcom games is on GoG... at least,

There is no need to hurry on Dragons Dogma 2 as... we can see... it is in a bad shape on PC. If GoG could get their hands on it... in about 3-5 years... this will be fine. This is a game that will ripe good with age... no need for a "quickie" here.

I am gonna play it, just because i own a PS5. I would not be playing it on Steam...

°°Actually there is a second Capcom game, a awful Street Fighter port almost no one enjoys...
MysterD: About the DDDA Save Mods - does this work on the GOG-version?
As far as I know it might work. I've never used it, but its really easy to find Dragons Dogma save files, so I think all you would need is to configure it to the save path and be ready to go.

= = = = = =

Xeshra: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on GoG need some "fixes" but they are available as a mod... simply the updated Steam files. Capcom themself did not bother at all updating their actually ONLY GoG game°°... which is sad but i hope the time will come even Capcom is moving somewhat away from their currently restrictive and... somewhat loveless path... hope can not be eliminated any quick.

Sure... to me... one of the best Capcom games is on GoG... at least,

There is no need to hurry on Dragons Dogma 2 as... we can see... it is in a bad shape on PC. If GoG could get their hands on it... in about 3-5 years... this will be fine. This is a game that will ripe good with age... no need for a "quickie" here.

I am gonna play it, just because i own a PS5. I would not be playing it on Steam...

°°Actually there is a second Capcom game, a awful Street Fighter port almost no one enjoys...
On the topic of Dragons Dogma 2 and Street Fighter coming to GOG, I'd also love for them all to be here...

I'd say DD2 has better chances to coming to GOG because DDDA is already here and its a 'single player only game' by design while Street Fighter series is not. Also, because Capcom is milking their way with microtransactions and 'drming' their old games for reasons unknown, I don't know what to expect for ther other games like Resident Evil. We may supposedly say that they may be focusing also on heavy data collection, because I see no other reason to add weird drm to old games.

This is just to point out that as much as I love Capcom games and DDDA (to the point of reverse engineering game files to create mods when I had time) I don't think there's any chance right now for their games to come here.

What I don't understand though is this (See attached pictures in first post):

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/sad_do_not_expect_resident_evil_4_coming_here_any_time_soon

Why gamers mass complain for DD2 MTX (microtransactions) when Capcom is doing this for years already and people never really mass complained about RE4Re mtx, Street Fighter V, 6 mtx, Monster Hunter World, Rise, mtx...?

Even DDDA had mtx back in the day, which is sad too.

They're just following what they've been doing for years now and suddenly people are mass complaining when they do the same in DD2.
If you/we expect a company to never do what Capcom is doing, never accept the beginning of it in the first place, right?
(This is not directed to you, just speaking generally :P)

Still, better for people to mass complain now than never complain I guess...
:(

-edit: corrected weird phrases.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by .Keys
Maybe they had to notice their broken moneybag first, which took them many years noticing it. Finally, the thing giving the very last straw that breaks the camels back is that many of those microtransactions can be insanely useful because it can reduce unnecessary grind very massively. Almost no one got to much time for grinding and want to enjoy real gameplay. So they kinda noticed the game design was done in a way that... if you do not use microtransactions, you can still play it... yes, but it will in many cases, reduce the joyful gameplay big time and kinda forcing someone to use microctransactions. If not... for most of us... the gameplay can be almost broken because simply way to grindy. Good reason not to allow those sort of hassles in the first place... because it can get worse and at some point it will become almost unable to avoid "as part of the game design". So, those DLC content may not anymore just become a "fine goodie" but instead become almost critical in order to enjoy a hassle free gameplay.

I can not judge right now because i avoid almost any microtransaction game... yet i will know its effects soon enough, or... the lack of it.

Sure, some games even had some added item slots using DLC content. I did not use it and my game got cleary more difficult with lesser item slots. So, basically... in many cases it can safely count as "pay to win". I simply was forcing my way through but by paying for it... the game often may become more convenient to play. However, i own very few games offering such mechanisms, as i clearly do not enjoy it.

I mean, i already paid for the game... because it was not a "free to play game"... yet it feels like "if you do not pay enough you will get a harder or more grindy game"... which is not a good message.
After having looked at the issues...

... other than performance issues (which have are already being addressed by devs)...

... I just don't see the problem(s).

The microtransactions aren't needed... and the game plays (without them) just like the first game.

Did many of the people complaining even play the first game?

It feels to me like a lot of players -- who didn't play the first game -- came to this game wanting something that wasn't Dragon's Dogma. They wanted an easier game with "cheats" and that they could finish quickly. That's just not in Dragon's Dogma's DNA.

*sigh*

(and yes, even the microtransactions aren't auto fast travel!)
Post edited March 23, 2024 by kai2