It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Xeshra: Maybe they had to notice their broken moneybag first, which took them many years noticing it. Finally, the thing giving the very last straw that breaks the camels back is that many of those microtransactions can be insanely useful because it can reduce unnecessary grind very massively. Almost no one got to much time for grinding and want to enjoy real gameplay. So they kinda noticed the game design was done in a way that... if you do not use microtransactions, you can still play it... yes, but it will in many cases, reduce the joyful gameplay big time and kinda forcing someone to use microctransactions. If not... for most of us... the gameplay can be almost broken because simply way to grindy. Good reason not to allow those sort of hassles in the first place... because it can get worse and at some point it will become almost unable to avoid "as part of the game design". So, those DLC content may not anymore just become a "fine goodie" but instead become almost critical in order to enjoy a hassle free gameplay.

I can not judge right now because i avoid almost any microtransaction game... yet i will know its effects soon enough, or... the lack of it.
If we analyze DD2 mtx, they're really not useful and are apparently just a way to get more pennies from ignorant players really.
As content creators have pointed out already, most of the mtx for DD2 is useless and make no sense because literally all of those items can be find in game fairly easily.

For example, the dlc for Metamorphosis. Which is what allow you to change your character appearance in game. This is an item that can be bought in game for 500 Rift Crystals. Rift Crystals, or RC, are a secondary currency in game, also present in the first game, for the player to buy things associated with the Pawns and The Rift. Magical items, magical equipment, or anything associated with the Pawns. They're not hard to get apparently, like in the first game, and if you play normally, you will have enough to buy not only the Metamorphosis item, but also other dlc items.

What is getting people pissed really is that those dlcs makes no sense and some go against what Itsuno said.
For the full situation and explanation from some honest, in my opinion, content creators:

Rurikhan - My thoughts on Dragon's Dogma 2 MTX
https://youtu.be/OTgxR3RNT4k

Force Gaming - Everyone's MAD about Dragon's Dogma 2
https://youtu.be/zaT78J4c-cY

Ratatoskr - Micro Transactions are bad | Dragon's Dogma 2
https://youtu.be/C65rHzHUasE

Arekkz Gaming - Dragon's Dogma 2 Is Mostly Negative?! What is happening??
https://youtu.be/KOnMqllvK0o

Post edited March 23, 2024 by .Keys
I dont know this game well enough in order to judge but some of the items looks "very useful" or even unable to get in game; so your definition of "not needed" is very relative.

Not that i will be using it... i never use microtransactions, but soon enough i may notice their value or "how much grind it could spare you", which is my major concern. Surely, it will not touch any hardcore-player, this is clear... but most gamers are casual, never forget.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by Xeshra
.Keys: If we analyze DD2 mtx, they're really not useful and are apparently just a way to get more pennies from ignorant players really.
Yes, a lot of this outrage is CRAZY.

The microtransactions aren't what many are claiming. Do they save a little time? Yes... but very little.

I'd understand the outrage if the game was terribly broken or filled with microtransactions and / or day one dlc that were necessary (or felt necessary to the core experience) to finish the game, but that's not the case.

I can't help but think this concerted campaign against the game isn't orchestrated by competitors and bot farms. Why? Because most of the claims don't make sense... or are so blown out of proportion that they feel ridiculous.

I'm a huge Dragon's Dogma fan, but I was always suspicious / skeptical of the sequel and would certainly call it out for mistakes... but this situation IMO is unwarranted gamer outrage.
Xeshra: I dont know this game well enough in order to judge but some of the items looks "very useful" or even unable to get in game; so your definition of "not needed" is very relative.
As I understand it every microtransaction item is also an item that can be gained in-game without spending a dime.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by kai2
Whats with the "sound collection"? Can you get it ingame?
.Keys: If we analyze DD2 mtx, they're really not useful and are apparently just a way to get more pennies from ignorant players really.
kai2: Yes, a lot of this outrage is CRAZY.

The microtransactions aren't what many are claiming. Do they save a little time? Yes... but very little.

I'd understand the outrage if the game was terribly broken or filled with microtransactions and / or day one dlc that were necessary (or felt necessary to the core experience) to finish the game, but that's not the case.

I can't help but think this concerted campaign against the game isn't orchestrated by competitors and bot farms. Why? Because most of the claims don't make sense... or are so blown out of proportion that they feel ridiculous.

I'm a huge Dragon's Dogma fan, but I was always suspicious / skeptical of the sequel and would certainly call it out for mistakes... but this situation IMO is unwarranted gamer outrage.
Hm... Imo this outrage is not that crazy. Its just that some people are also misunderstanding the real point.
Its not about if the mtxs are useless, but its that there are mtx in the first place.

But then again...

.Keys: (...)
Why gamers mass complain for DD2 MTX (microtransactions) when Capcom is doing this for years already and people never really mass complained about RE4Re mtx, Street Fighter V, 6 mtx, Monster Hunter World, Rise, mtx...?

Even DDDA had mtx back in the day, which is sad too.

They're just following what they've been doing for years now and suddenly people are mass complaining when they do the same in DD2.
If you/we expect a company to never do what Capcom is doing, never accept the beginning of it in the first place, right?
(This is not directed to you, just speaking generally :P)

Still, better for people to mass complain now than never complain I guess...
:(
==
==
==
Xeshra: Whats with the "sound collection"? Can you get it ingame?

Can you get all the items ingame without to much grind, yes or no... thats all i need to know in order to make some judgement.
According to this content creator:

WolfheartFPS - The failed launch of Dragons Dogma 2?
https://youtu.be/FoRgnAOpDso

The Sound collection is a 'feature' that lets you play the game with some sound effects and songs from the first game If I understood correctly.

In the video he explains how each dlc works.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by .Keys
Can you get all the items ingame and/or without to much grind, yes or no... thats all i need to know in order to make some judgement.

Remember: Most gamers are casual and might struggle on things those "hardcore-reviewers" may not care at all.

There is a reason why Capcom and many other companies are offering those microthings... because it seems to be "easy money".
Xeshra: Can you get all the items ingame and/or without to much grind, yes or no... thats all i need to know in order to make some judgement.

Remember: Most gamers are casual and might struggle on things those "hardcore-reviewers" may not care at all.

There is a reason why Capcom and many other companies are offering those microthings... because it seems to be "easy money".
Did you play Dragon's Dogma?

It's almost exactly the same.
.Keys: Hm... Imo this outrage is not that crazy. Its just that some people are also misunderstanding the real point.
Its not about if the mtxs are useless, but its that there are mtx in the first place.
We'll have to disagree. IMO this level of outrage to useless microtransactions is severely out of proportion to the issue. It's ridiculous... for the reasons I detailed above.

If anything players should take issue with Capcom for releasing virtually useless microtransactions! That's how crazy this situation is.
In general speaking there is always been a (logical) very low threshold concerning bugs, microtransactions and other aspects that tend to turn a game into a player hell
I never had microtransactions on my GoG game. With the second game... Dragons Dogma 2, i just got it today and i still will have to play it.
Zimerius: In general speaking there is always been a (logical) very low threshold concerning bugs, microtransactions and other aspects that tend to turn a game into a player hell
Well, if you've followed this drama across sites... most of the claims aren't true... or haven't been replicated. And the dev team almost immediately started work on any gameplay issues. (almost none of the reviewers had any issue with bugs)

And this microtransaction thing is... well, one last time "ridiculous."
Xeshra: I never had microtransactions on my GoG game. With the second game... Dragons Dogma 2, i just got it today and i still will have to play it.
Interesting you would claim that you didn't find microtransactions in your GOG game seeing that...

... you have 0m gametime on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

Now, maybe you're like me and have played it on PS3 PS4 and Steam, but you said "... on my GOG game."

It seems that since you didn't answer my question, it's likely you never played Dragon's Dogma or Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. If you had, you would know exactly what you're in for. Dragon's Dogma II plays in most ways identically to the original game.
I got zero gametime on all of my GoG games because i only use installers.

Regarding performance, it surely is not good on PS5, it is in the 30 FPS range with many stutters, although, for a RPG it remains playable. There is no performance settings it seems. Graphically okay with Filmic-mode but nothing that will "blow me out of my missing socks". Gameplay and story is the thing i will have to experience still.
Xeshra: I got zero gametime on all of my GoG games because i only use installers.

Regarding performance, it surely is not good on PS5, it is in the 30 FPS range with many stutters, although, for a RPG it remains playable. There is no performance settings it seems. Graphically okay with Filmic-mode but nothing that will "blow me out of my missing socks". Gameplay and story is the thing i will have to experience still.
But did you play it? Because from your questions it's pretty clear you haven't. If you had, you'd have answered most of your own questions.

Anyway, I don't have the interest in continuing this conversation. Watch a few videos on the gameplay and figure out if the game is for you... or not. But the issues being argued today (re DDII) on microtransactions and bugs are absolutely ridiculous.... and IMO manufactured outrage.
I'm thinking of returning my physical PS5 copy (good thing I haven't opened the package yet), will wait a week or so for a performance patch. Sub 30 frames is infuriating and quite an embarassment.
Yeah, the performance on the PS5 is currently very bad... i think 30 FPS is already good... it can sometimes stutter in the below 20 FPS range. Sure, it is somewhat playable but not the peformance making lot of joy... kinda have to "scratch and bite" in order to get it done.

The game needs way more optimization and was pushed a lot for its release...

This surely is the MINIMUM spec, not the "recommended", because at the current condition you will have to overpower the game using a 4090, at least something in the 3090 TI-range, (which apparently was the dev-GPU...) for some somewhat smooth FPS (maybe 40-60 FPS who knows). Using a 6700 XT will grant a 30 FPS game... simply the minimum. Because most PC gamers got a GPU barely better than a 6700 XT, this is a concern.

Who knows, perhaps Capcom as a "premium publisher" already got a PS5 Pro dev kit and was experiencing "playable performance" there...

Recommended:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-10700 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 / AMD Radeon RX 6700
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 2160i/30fps. Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 required to support ray tracing.

kai2: But did you play it? Because from your questions it's pretty clear you haven't. If you had, you'd have answered most of your own questions.
Again, i never ever used any microtransaction on my GoG game and i can not currently judge Dragons Dogma 2, i only just started playing it today.
Zimerius: In general speaking there is always been a (logical) very low threshold concerning bugs, microtransactions and other aspects that tend to turn a game into a player hell
kai2: Well, if you've followed this drama across sites... most of the claims aren't true... or haven't been replicated. And the dev team almost immediately started work on any gameplay issues. (almost none of the reviewers had any issue with bugs)

And this microtransaction thing is... well, one last time "ridiculous."
Xeshra: I never had microtransactions on my GoG game. With the second game... Dragons Dogma 2, i just got it today and i still will have to play it.
kai2: Interesting you would claim that you didn't find microtransactions in your GOG game seeing that...

... you have 0m gametime on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

Now, maybe you're like me and have played it on PS3 PS4 and Steam, but you said "... on my GOG game."

It seems that since you didn't answer my question, it's likely you never played Dragon's Dogma or Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. If you had, you would know exactly what you're in for. Dragon's Dogma II plays in most ways identically to the original game.
Even the pc gamer review clearly stated that the game asks above and beyond from your pc. Well, if that ain't asking for a bag of trouble, i don't know what is. There also have been a lot of outcries with other game releases/DLC concerning costs or even the slightest hint of microtransactions. The 2024 gaming crowd seems to be very sensitive to uhm . . . abuse i guess you might call it