It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find great games and historically low prices • 200+ deals up to -90%

UPDATE: The BIG DEAL Sale just got even bigger! New games have been added, including Battle Brothers (-35%), Cosmic Star Heroine (-35%), Serial Cleaner (-50%), Underrail (-60%), The Flame in the Flood (-60%), and Darkest Dungeon (-60%).
Make sure to pick your favorites before they go away - the sale ends September 25, 10PM UTC.

This is absolutely, definitely, positively a really very big deal! It only stands to reason, this is the BIG DEAL sale: find 200+ games up to 90% off and tons of historically low prices this week on GOG.com.

We're bringing out the big guns for this one with over fifty great games at historically low prices, including Little Nightmares (-40%), Galaxy of Pen and Paper (-15%), Tacoma (-20%), Aragami (-60%), Sudden Strike 4 (-25%), 80 Days (-66%), Obduction (-40%), Rebel Galaxy (-75%) and many more.

There are plenty other ways to get the most bang for your buck in the BIG DEAL sale:
• Browse great games you can get under $2, like Her Story (-75%), Aarklash Legacy (-90%), Lichdom Battlemage (-95%), Dustforce DX (-90%), or the Blackwell Bundle (-90%) and more.
• Check out more of our favorite offers 80% off or more on Prison Architect, DEX, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Satellite Reign, Rogue Legacy, Expeditions: Conquistador and others!

The BIG DEAL sale runs until September 25, 10 PM UTC.
PoulVantera: I've got a question about the Starpoint Gemini Warlords - Digital Deluxe Edition, does this come with just the base game or both "Deadly Dozen" and "Titans Return" included as well?
Sorry if this was asked before but I'll admit I'm way too lazy to search and I'm not sure if DLC becomes "main game" technically... (Recon it doesn't but I'm grateful for any clarification on the matter.)
The game page doesn't list it under the Digital Deluxe Content, so I don't think so.
Oh a giveaway :-) Thanks! Is it to commemorate thirty years since its release? Does it work on Windows DZN?
GR00T: The game page doesn't list it under the Digital Deluxe Content, so I don't think so.
Me neither but it's reassuring I'm not alone on this. Though after looking at their suggested GPU compared to mine I reckon I won't be buying this anytime soon until I get to upgrade my hardware, which effectively rendered the original question moot.
Sorry to have wasted your time like that. :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqT-AvswCZo

Free games are always nice but I think hyping up "something special for everyone" raised expectations for something that a lot of people didn't already own. If a lot of folks already bought it, it can't really be for "everyone", can it? I'm not complaining (I do already own it) but I get the disappointment.

I picked up Rain World last night. That's my nibble for the sale :)
Free games is always nice, thanks! I'm more of a FPS-man myself though, so.. is Stranger's Wrath worth a grab?
high rated
Oh oh, looks like a good chunk of people are disappointed.
Note to GOG - under-promise and over-deliver, whatever it is; tends to work better than the other way around, even if it's a matter of perception.

Either way, cheers for the gift code.

GR00T: Hey, a freebie I don't already own! Nice. Thanks, GOG. :) [...]
A freebie you don't already own? That's odd.

Dralel: [...] Of course, owners of the game will have nothing left to walk away with, so that's misleading...
Well, that's not exactly true - owners of the game will walk away with a gift code to give away within the next year.

Vythonaut: Haha, i thought you said "console"!
Now I have to wonder if the term came to be out of some notion of consolation.

Vythonaut: Absolutely great freebie game as promised -- thanks GOG! I own both GOG & PS versions, but i still haven't tried the PC version in favor of the PS one. Am i missing on something?
Yes, time.
elcook: snip
Thank you for your detailed reply.
CharlyDelta: I don't want to be ungrateful or so, but I wish that it would have been at least a game with Linux support :/
muntdefems: It is, in a way. Or it'll be: https://github.com/paulsapps/alive
That's neat. Have you been able to make the engine run the game with the GOG release? I can't seem to make it work. When I start it, it asks for the data files, which I can then select. For some reason that does not seem to be enough though. It continues to ask for data files for "AePc" (as opposed to "AoPc"), which I assume means Abe's Exoddus. Why would I need that?
muntdefems: It is, in a way. Or it'll be: https://github.com/paulsapps/alive
jpilot: That's neat. Have you been able to make the engine run the game with the GOG release?
Nope, I just discovered this project thanks to this GOGmix, which is the first in the list of GOGmixes that appear on the game's webpage.

To be honest, after reading its GitHub page I wasn't sure whether the project is complete or whether the game is playable or not... :\
jpilot: That's neat. Have you been able to make the engine run the game with the GOG release?
muntdefems: Nope, I just discovered this project thanks to this GOGmix, which is the first in the list of GOGmixes that appear on the game's webpage.

To be honest, after reading its GitHub page I wasn't sure whether the project is complete or whether the game is playable or not... :\
That's okay. :) Indeed, the github page tells rather little about the project's status. I was able to build it without issues though, but it seems weird that it wants me to add files for another game. Maybe I am just doing something wrong.
tinyE: WAY too many people in here wearing underwear that is WAY too tight. :P
How did you know I ran out of whites this morning and had to switch to my backups a size too small?

IronArcturus: Has anyone tried Project Highrise? How does it compare to SimTower?
A Let's Play series if you want to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqsNXEJ27g&list=PLs3acGYgI1-vRckdwsZm0FJXnu1ZY4sWk

It seems to get decent reviews but seems like folks prefer SimTower. Surprising actually as this deals more with the support aspect as well as which businesses go where.

And just to weigh in, I'm one of the folks who waiting a day to see what we were getting. Oh well. I claimed the game but doubt I'll ever play it.
Post edited September 19, 2017 by drmike
high rated
*scratches head*
Ya know, been bashing GOG left, right and center since the "good news" back in early 2014, but fail to see the issue with today's freebie. I mean, it's a free game, pretty much according to what has become the normal schedule, having one like this for 48h on a big sale, it appeared just when it was supposed to, at the start of day 2 of the sale on the dot, and it was the game the announcement indicated, as identified here in this thread as well. So...?
Vythonaut: Am i missing (edit:)out on something?
HypersomniacLive: Yes, time.
Thanks for the info. :D
Oh, free game, that is really nice.

I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Thank You.
Who would think that some people here are spoiled as fvck...