It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Baldur's Gate, Divinity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun, Age of Decadence - inventory is full!

UPDATE: Ah, my favorite people are back! Come come, illustrious customers, fresh role-playthings I have here, yes! Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Two Worlds, Legend of Grimrock - touch them to feel the quality! From faraway lands I bring them, to faraway lands they will take you. Some so good, you will want to stay there forever, yes!

Hey hey, gather up, adventurers! Only the best RPG stuff I bring for you today, yes?
Ah, fine taste you have sir, fine taste. You picked the Carsomyr, yes, strong sword from Baldur's Gate, very strong. Ah, please be careful with that trinket, milady! Those high tech scopes are as delicate as they are powerful, no? Every Shadowrunner will tell you that.
But please, keep browsing, keep browsing esteemed friends! Great discounts you will find, on treasures beyond compare. This I promise: the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 23</span> has plenty RPGs extraordinaire!

Turn-based combat you seek? Magic that make sparks fly and enemies go poof? It is Divinity Original Sin the one for you: like glorious pen & paper campaign but much better, yes? So much gear, spells, characters without class but graphics with lots of class! Oh, you will love it much, I guarantee.

Ah, you miss the cold, I see. A ticket for Icewind Dale EE for you I have - it will take you to the Spine of the World, where demons make war. But brave warrior as you, pause-and-stab, pause-and-stab, you will defeat them, yes? Just don't forget to take coat.
Have some here, reasonable price.

Soooo many wonders I have for you still: Planescape: Torment EE, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Age of Decadence, Lords of Xulima, Dex, and many many more! Come see!

If you like the games of roles, make sure to keep an eye on the shop this week, yes? New RPGs I will bring, fresh fresh fresh, barely touched by another soul. Very quality, yes.

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 23</span> will last until July 24, 4PM UTC.
Does anybody know if graphical stutters are still a problem in Divinity 2: Director's cut? Tried demo couple of times (with old and new graphic card) and couldn't fix the stuttering, but it was non-Director's cut version of Divinity 2.
dtgreene: For the Ghostbusters comment, what about this movie, which I have actually seen?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
MadalinStroe: There must be something wrong with your link it doesn't seem to open properly.
It sounds like you've been drinking too much covfefe.

i_ni: Avernum: Escape From the Pit at the price of < 1 EU is a steal - go for it (old school RPG).
tfishell: Thanks but I don't care about the game, I'm interested in the music (assuming if it's in the installation files). Is the music good?
Spiderweb Software games don't really have music, except maybe on the title screen. (Exception: The ancient Exile games (not on GOG, but available for free on the developer's website (if you can get them to run) do have some music.) If you are only interested in soundtracks, you should look elsewhere.

Anyway, all of Spiderweb Software's games have substantial demos available, so you could try the demo and see if it looks interesting to you.

Edit: Added sentence starting with "if".
Post edited July 18, 2017 by dtgreene
krakataul: Does anybody know if graphical stutters are still a problem in Divinity 2: Director's cut? Tried demo couple of times (with old and new graphic card) and couldn't fix the stuttering, but it was non-Director's cut version of Divinity 2.
I don't remember having any graphical issues playing the game (GOG version). I played it a few years ago though.
The card was an nVidia GeForce 650 with 1 GB VRAM. I had made some system wide settings, but I don't remember them exactly. I had surely set v-sync on by default (as I always do that).

EDIT: I deleted a question about Age of Decadence.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by vanchann
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is 15% off and currently #4 in the popular list.

The best Tides of Numenera has is the basic game at #24, despite being 30% off.

It really says something about the quality of the latter game when it's new, has a bigger sale going on, and still can't come close to an enhanced edition of a game released in December 1999. Let's hear it for good old games.
Selden:
By the way, in the past the games' page did show the games using their real all times sales for ordering.

From what I'm seeing now, even that list has been refactored to show the games in the same order as the front page list.

Popularity is calculated based on a price multiplied by recent (of a day or just of a few days) sales. I mean a formula such as popularity = price * dailysales.

So, the list is rapidly changing, providing no useful info. It's more a promotional trick than a popularity list.

EDIT: As for newer game releases on GOG, like the games mentioned in your post, their real popularity order number should be too much lower then the one presented in the list.

This applies to all recent releases (like GOG releases in this year), regardless of the games' quality.
Post edited July 21, 2017 by vanchann
Selden:
vanchann: By the way, in the past the games' page did show the games using their real all times sales for ordering.

From what I'm seeing now, even that list has been refactored to show the games in the same order as the front page list.

Popularity is calculated based on a price multiplied by recent (of a day or just of a few days) sales. I mean a formula such as popularity = price * dailysales.

So, the list is rapidly changing, providing no useful info. It's more a promotional trick than a popularity list.

EDIT: As for newer game releases on GOG, like the games mentioned in your post, their real popularity order number should be too much lower then the one presented in the list.

This applies to all recent releases (like GOG releases in this year), regardless of the games' quality.
Interesting. "By popularity" is a new sorting option (and the new default!). But you can still click "Order" and select "By bestselling" to see the "all-time" rankings (they actually only cover the last year or so, according to the Blues).
Does Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition include the original version as a bonus?

And, is there any reason to play the original over the Enhanced Edition?
djdarko: Does Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition include the original version as a bonus?

According to this site no, it does not include the original version.

I don't own the game so I have not played it myself but I read tons about it. According to what I read, there is absoultely no reason to play the original over EE. DOS:EE is really the Enhanced Edition, fixing tons of bugs and redesigning a few things according to community's wishes.

I kickstarted DOS:2 btw.
You can ask support to provide you original version of Divinity: Original Sin, as did I.
And still no upgrade options for Tyranny/Pillars. Suits me for buying them early...
djdarko: Does Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition include the original version as a bonus?

The original version is not included, but you may ask support for it as abr_alex has written.
See the attached picture.

I had bought the original, so the enhanced version was a free upgrade for me.
HunchBluntley: Interesting. "By popularity" is a new sorting option (and the new default!). But you can still click "Order" and select "By bestselling" to see the "all-time" rankings (they actually only cover the last year or so, according to the Blues).
Thanks, I didn't know about that.
Engerek01: I don't own the game so I have not played it myself but I read tons about it. According to what I read, there is absoultely no reason to play the original over EE. DOS:EE is really the Enhanced Edition, fixing tons of bugs and redesigning a few things according to community's wishes.
There could be some hardware or operating system limitations. The enhanced version is 64bit only.
Also a DX11 or OpenGL 4+ graphics' card is required and generally the requirements are higher.
Attachments:
Post edited July 21, 2017 by vanchann
blotunga: And still no upgrade options for Tyranny/Pillars. Suits me for buying them early...
I don't own either game, but I can't understand why the publisher and/or GOG are unwilling/unable to provide this. I would have thought it was a way to earn extra revenue for little or no work. Or am I missing something?
So many role-playing games that I cannot choose one so I will choose none...
blotunga: And still no upgrade options for Tyranny/Pillars. Suits me for buying them early...
groundhog42: I don't own either game, but I can't understand why the publisher and/or GOG are unwilling/unable to provide this. I would have thought it was a way to earn extra revenue for little or no work. Or am I missing something?
I guess we're all missing something.
(Well, at least they tried...)
Ah, so Paradox actually did roll back the rather ill-conceived price change they implemented recently... I saw some talk of that over on Steam, but wasn't sure that would happen on Gog, too.
Seemed like a pretty bad idea (and execution) all around, so I'm glad they backpedaled. At least Tyranny seems to be at a historical low right now, so I guess it sucks a bit for those who picked it up during summer sale .