It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When we started our journey 15 years ago, one of our most important goals was to do our best to preserve games and make them last forever. Allowing video games history, once-loved gems, to be lost in time, is something we cannot just stand and watch – we fight, for current and future generations to be able to enjoy games; all games, not just the newest, popular releases. Today, we stand proudly by our mission, and we’re extremely happy to announce the re-release of a cherished classic that, thanks to our efforts, has been successfully archived in the GOG catalog, to enjoy anew.

Alpha Protocol is back – better than ever, with a -10% launch discount until April 3rd, 2 PM UTC!

That’s right, this Alpha Protocol, the Espionage RPG, is making a grand return 14 years after its initial premiere. With conjoined forces of GOG, Obsidian Entertainment and SEGA, we’ve made sure to make it better than ever; compatible with modern PCs, with licensed soundtrack and performance improvements that are sure to make this timeless classic, yet again, your favorite spy story.

But that’s not all we have up our sleeves, of course! For this incredibly special occasion, we’ve prepared a one-of-a-kind documentary video, where the process of bringing back Alpha Protocol is extensively explained – including interviews with its creators, as well as our own team members. You can watch it below!
Thanks for the revival! :-)
Completely forgot how much this suffers from the late 2000s strain of consolitis. The small, extremely linear mission levels, markers indicating EVERYTHING including where you're allowed to drop down, climb up or scale over, controls clearly designed around controllers, etc.

At the same time, it's funny how you find yourself to be much more forgiving of these shortcomings nowadays than you were back then.
AWESOME. This is great GOG, thank you for reviving an older classic. Keep up the GREAT work!
Rimland23: It was meant in that manner (if it wasn't, I wouldn't have used the quotation marks), but granted, I should've made that absolutely clear in my initial comment to avoid any possible misinterpretations/misunderstandings, or just should've used a different wording altogether (frankly, I didn't expect anyone to have such a strong reaction to it, if any at all). Alas, I let my irritation get the better of me for once, so I apologise for that. If you don't believe me, that's fine, but kindly don't throw me into the ICC basket based on one comment, because that couldn't be further from the truth.
Point taken and apologies for the harsh response, I had spent a fair amount of time speaking to internet people before that post so was naturally ready for extinguishing all human life on Earth given the chance. Not an excuse, but understand that it wasn't meant personally, it was (should have been) directed more at the situation.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Exclusives are indeed bad for consumers, but unfortunately, that is the world we live in.
(...)
Exclusives for GOG does make sense.

But what doesn't make sense is the half-measured way that GOG is currently going about it, i.e. allowing a relatively unknown game like Alpha Protocol to be a GOG exclusive, yet not allowing CDPR's flagship games to be GOG exclusives.

GOG should go all in with exclusives, if they are going to have any exclusives at all.
Without a GNU/Linux client (and a beta Windows client which still can't work with website specified tags!) and without support for more cloud platforms (GeForce Now, Boosteroid), this limits GOG to only Windows computers, where other shops have better incentives to buy. GOG needs to step up their toolset first, instead of focusing on endless sales and giveaways.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Exclusives are indeed bad for consumers, but unfortunately, that is the world we live in.
(...)
Exclusives for GOG does make sense.

But what doesn't make sense is the half-measured way that GOG is currently going about it, i.e. allowing a relatively unknown game like Alpha Protocol to be a GOG exclusive, yet not allowing CDPR's flagship games to be GOG exclusives.

GOG should go all in with exclusives, if they are going to have any exclusives at all.
cyberkiller: Without a GNU/Linux client (and a beta Windows client which still can't work with website specified tags!) and without support for more cloud platforms (GeForce Now, Boosteroid), this limits GOG to only Windows computers, where other shops have better incentives to buy. GOG needs to step up their toolset first, instead of focusing on endless sales and giveaways.
GOG's unique incentive of true ownership (of a copy) of your purchased games via the backup offline installers is not to be underestimated though and is getting more and more important as Ubisoft and others push for a future where you'll own nothing and be happy.
JomVanFliet: GOG's unique incentive of true ownership (of a copy) of your purchased games via the backup offline installers is not to be underestimated though and is getting more and more important as Ubisoft and others push for a future where you'll own nothing and be happy.
Perhaps, but I'll be way more happy to be able to play the games I licensed, and without the mentioned support, that's just sitting in my account gathering dust. I only have a Linux machine, so I need either a native launcher or cloud support (Luna is not available in my country, as silly as it is, GOG being from Poland and partnering with Luna which doesn't service this country). And I don't even ask for integrating Wine like Steam does, just getting the DosBox and ScummVM (and the odd native port) games in a launcher would be great.

A good launcher is mandatory. The time tracking, the community, the achievements - all that is super important, maybe even more important than the games themselves.
high rated
cyberkiller: A good launcher is mandatory.
The time tracking, the community, the achievements - all that is super important, maybe even more important than the games themselves.
Well, maybe it is for you...
high rated
Bring back Spec Ops: The Line!
Yippee! God Bless you Good Old Games!
Reznov64: Bring back Spec Ops: The Line!
I think it had a licensing problem regarding the music. They'd have to replace the music but this game is quite old so I wouldn't bet on its return to GoG, as sad as it is....
I was not interested before, but Alpha Protocol seems kind need. I am gonna get it.
Also, nice documentary!
funnyonion: GOG is quite literally the ONLY store left that is dedicated to safeguarding your rights when it comes to proprietary games.
It's not the only one but GOG does have the most games with an offline installer. Zoom Platform doesn't have any games that are restricted by region. However, they do have fewer games, for now. I'm not sure if any of the other DRM-free stores provide the same because I mostly use GOG and Zoom for DRM-free.
Syphon72: Positive this would be more of Sega issue not GOG. Someone few pages back said the game is banned in japan. Not sure if that is true.
Rimland23: Oh, definitely a SEGA issue. Not sure about it being banned here either (can't think of any reason for it), but like I mentioned, other SEGA games are available here, so this one kind of puzzles me (the Konami ones on the other hand are all unavailable).
Considering the game lists "Licensed Soundtrack" as one of its features I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a JASRAC issue. Music licensing in Japan is some of the most ass-backwards draconian shit I've ever heard of. They make RIAA look like baby. You can't even play full songs on the radio without paying additional fees, so most radio stations insert advertising in the middle of songs!
DoomSooth: Zoom Platform doesn't have any games that are restricted by region.
Heh. Every now and again I pop on over to check out what's new there, and to call their newly added releases meager is putting it mildly when GOG tends to often have more releases in a week than ZP does in a typical month (with half of those more often than not being edutainment or extreme bargain bin titles). At this rate they'll be a very, very, very distant also-ran for the foreseeable future.