It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
RainbowDragon:
Still restricted. :-(
d2t: since you are rising this topic regarding profiles and privacy, what NEW information are they gathering in regard to profiles?
sorry but you are making theories / accusations here without any proofs.
xyem: It's not about GOG gathering the new information, it's other people being able to gather and/or use it because it is now public.

For example, you only own 4 games here, despite registering ~8 years ago. Why should we listen to your opinion on any matter regarding GOG?
Don't forget about the *third-party partners* of GOG... : FB, Google, etc...
They are not exactly people, they represent ( Bluêeèrh ) Business Assets and Marketing Opportunities (Bwhaâaàrk!)
Sorry for this jargon, which makes me sick to utter it, but it seems to be the only language that those marketing knobs understand...
Post edited April 26, 2018 by jorlin
PrivateProfile: Received an email from GOG.com:

Hi GOG users!

We’ve updated our Privacy and Cookie Policies and User Agreement and we wanted to explain why, what, how and when. Please make sure you’ve read these so you can see the changes that may be important to you.
Why update the legal documents?

(1) To reflect the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - a legal act created to enhance your privacy rights; (2) To reflect the new functionalities on our Services; (3) Generally to keep up to date with the best practices.
What is being updated?

In Privacy Policy we’ve added some wording about what information we collect, how we collect it and how it is used in relation to our GOG Services. In the User Agreement we have adjusted the minimum age use for GOG Services to meet the new GDPR legal requirements. You can see updated documents here linked in .PDF as a pending version under the text of the Privacy and Cookie Policies and User Agreement.
How are the updates being implemented?

We are notifying you here about these changes and providing with updated versions on the GOG.com website . The changes will take effect within 30 days from that date of notification (more information about that is in the User Agreement).
Do I need to do anything?

This is just a notification to let you know about the changes. You don’t have to do anything to continue using GOG.
What if I have questions?

Please contact us at privacy@gog.com and we’ll be happy to help.

https
:// support.
gog.com/
hc/en-us
/articles/
212632089-
User-Agreement
(have to send the link this way, because: new account.

:)

edit:
"3.2 You can use your GOG account to set up a public profile accessible by other people.
You can also use your GOG account to connect with other GOG users.
Please act sensibly and remember you are responsible for your own actions"

It's so laughable...smh
Clickable link for the above.
low rated
d2t: wow its saddening to see people on this forum acting as others are inferior to them due to amount spent on games... all i did was asking a honest question without attacking anyone.
SpiderFighter: You missed it. That was completely his point: that the information could be used to bully others more easily than it could have before.
maybe it was, maybe its your assumption what their motive was.

fact is you could always bully others based on registration date and forum rep instead of games owned. why werent there topics with 1000 posts about that? considering the country is automatically set i believe (i dont remember setting it) nobody given this a flying F for last 8+ years.

this only leads me beleive that if profiles were here from very beginning this outrage would never happen. at the same time we would have the same big controversy if gog added country and registration date for first time on forums in place of profiles.
*thumbs up*
high rated
SpiderFighter: You missed it. That was completely his point: that the information could be used to bully others more easily than it could have before.
d2t: maybe it was, maybe its your assumption what their motive was.
Hardly an assumption when I prefixed it with "For example". SpiderFighter was right, I was demonstrating a point.

d2t: fact is you could always bully others based on registration date and forum rep instead of games owned. why werent there topics with 1000 posts about that? considering the country is automatically set i believe (i dont remember setting it) nobody given this a flying F for last 8+ years.
Err.. there were topics about exactly those things.

d2t: this only leads me beleive that if profiles were here from very beginning this outrage would never happen. at the same time we would have the same big controversy if gog added country and registration date for first time on forums in place of profiles.
Of course not, because people would have known they were getting a public profile page that showed X Y and Z when they signed up. It's totally different having one forced on you years later (and on all those who aren't currently active to change their privacy settings).
Post edited April 26, 2018 by xyem
xyem: Hardly an assumption when I prefixed it with "For example". SpiderFighter was right, I was demonstrating a point.

d2t: fact is you could always bully others based on registration date and forum rep instead of games owned. why werent there topics with 1000 posts about that? considering the country is automatically set i believe (i dont remember setting it) nobody given this a flying F for last 8+ years.
xyem: Err.. there were topics about exactly those things.

d2t: this only leads me beleive that if profiles were here from very beginning this outrage would never happen. at the same time we would have the same big controversy if gog added country and registration date for first time on forums in place of profiles.
xyem: Of course not, because people would have known they were getting a public profile page that showed X Y and Z when they signed up. It's totally different having one forced on you years later (and on all those who aren't currently active to change their privacy settings).
Thanks...you saved me the trouble of having to write those extremely obvious things. I honestly can't tell if it's naiveté, willful ignorance, or just taking the piss at this point.
Post edited April 26, 2018 by SpiderFighter
high rated

fact is you could always bully others based on registration date and forum rep instead of games owned. why werent there topics with 1000 posts about that? considering the country is automatically set i believe (i dont remember setting it) nobody given this a flying F for last 8+ years.

this only leads me beleive that if profiles were here from very beginning this outrage would never happen. at the same time we would have the same big controversy if gog added country and registration date for first time on forums in place of profiles.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, however when I decied I'd never do business with steam again I went looking for something that was a very diffrent thing to offer me games. If there had been intigrated profiles, gameplay tracking, and a non-optional social media platform as part of the package back then I would have just kept looking rather than registering for a GOG account and buying games here.

So for me at least no it's not just the same thing. Also worth noting is that if people are willing/able to bully based on some information giving them more information just adds more oppterutnities to do so, it's not a net neutral situation.

There's one more thing to consider, knowladge and context both evolve and grow over time, and the context - as well as the knowladge - surrounding social media, data mining, and the pitfalls of "big data" are more clearly highlighted now (in the general public sphere) than they were this time last year, let alone years before that, so folks who once provided information to register might not do it now, might wish they could take that info back or at least delist it, or if nothing else might think longer and harder before deciding to provide it.
low rated
725/5000
The profiles are very good and will make it easier for new users to know the platform and the virtues of gog, in fact they are more complete in many aspects than those of steam. Still, there are two things that would improve:

-What could be known the total percentage of achievements achieved among all the games in your library as in steam

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2mmr6f.jpg[/IMG]

- That the level of privacy could be chosen. Although most users will not hide their library, there may be users who want only their "friends" to know the contents of their library.

Example:

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2mmr6f.jpg[/IMG]

Great work of Gog.com that little by little is improving galaxy, with profiles, achievements, clud save, creating a real community of players and all without the odious drm.

My congratulations
Post edited April 26, 2018 by boztix
PrivateProfile: *thumbs up*
An excerpt from the linked document, provided because some users here may find it interesting but not have read the document in question as of this posting.
4.2 When you use GOG services we may also collect the following information (how we use it is described later in this document):

(a) Technical details about devices which you use to access GOG services, including: Internet and/or network connection (including your IP address); mobile device identifiers; your operating system, browser type or other software; your hardware details; or other technical details provided by your web browser. This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which does not provide personal information;
(b) Details of your use of GOG services including, but not limited to: metrics information about when and how you use GOG services (such as what game(s) you are playing); traffic data; your geographical location; your purchase history; emails received; and links accessed;
xyem: It's not about GOG gathering the new information, it's other people being able to gather and/or use it because it is now public.

For example, you only own 4 games here, despite registering ~8 years ago. Why should we listen to your opinion on any matter regarding GOG?
It's buried now, but this is actually something that was brought up as a possibility earlier in the thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_gog_profiles_a393f/post874

For someone with a lower game count like myself, there's almost a sense of nervousness brought on by this new change, where my opinion will be discarded immediately by someone with thousands of games, like yourself. It's an awkward feeling, like some sort of brand new rep or hierarchy system has been inadvertently introduced through these changes that allows immediate numerical comparison between two people without even reading their words. I always figured that was the whole point of posts simply saying "High Rated" or "Low Rated", was for it not to devolve into a numbers game on the forums, and yet here we are with a brand new tool to do exactly that.

You and I may just be using the situation as an example, but I won't be surprised when people begin to weaponize that number in earnest, and conversations devolve into a comparison of numbers that users cannot currently turn off the display of.
high rated
Re: Introducing GOG Profiles

Maybe you could unintroduce them or maybe just give us the option of turning the profiles off.
low rated
vidsgame: Re: Introducing GOG Profiles

Maybe you could unintroduce them or maybe just give us the option of turning the profiles off.
We like most users but logically everything in gog must be voluntary. If you do not like them do not use gog galaxy and problem solved.
@SpiderFighter, @HeartsAndRainbows and @all
I do get your points and agree with you that the list of non-buyers might take us nowhere. About the long list of gog's past failures and broken promises ... I guess I better do not comment anymore on that today...

Anyway, no more money for gog from me until I have the option to keep my data private...

And maybe the feature request for privacy will speak for itself if the number of votes outgrows the number of votes in favour for public profiles. Almost 400 votes already by now - within 3 days! The public profiles request needed 6 YEARS for their 1280 votes... THAT really should be sending a message to gog!

As a - probably final note for now - I have received gog's
We’ve updated our Privacy and Cookie Policies!
e-mail in the meantime but do not want to go through that anymore today. The
privacy@gog.com
address might be useful in the future.

Still no update to my support ticket.
RainbowDragon: @SpiderFighter, @HeartsAndRainbows and @all
I do get your points and agree with you that the list of non-buyers might take us nowhere. About the long list of gog's past failures and broken promises ... I guess I better do not comment anymore on that today...
This might have gotten buried:

but It might be a good idea to place a disclaimer at the top of the list informing Gog that this is not for the purposes of recruiting; rather it is so that Gog can clearly see in one location the users who are voting for privacy changes with their money.
Ultimately, I do think we're respecting them by informing them of what they stand to lose.
Post edited April 26, 2018 by SpiderFighter