It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
HeartsAndRainbows: This is not the first time GOG handled their users' right for privacy poorly and it will probably not be the last. However, I currently considering to make it the last time this happened to me by deleting my account. Given GOG's general attitude this seems to be the only way to be sure.
I wouldn't necessarily blame you. Thanks for your assistance with the wishlist, and make sure you back up your games!
HeartsAndRainbows: This is not the first time GOG handled their users' right for privacy poorly and it will probably not be the last. However, I currently considering to make it the last time this happened to me by deleting my account. Given GOG's general attitude this seems to be the only way to be sure.
tfishell: I wouldn't necessarily blame you. Thanks for your assistance with the wishlist, and make sure you back up your games!
Thanks for the reminder! I need to finish downloading my library. I guess today's the day.
tinyE: Oh fuck mature!

My whole life people have been telling me that I need to grow up, starting acting more mature, be an adult.

I say to them, "Fuck you, Adults built the atomic bomb."

I was just fine sitting here with my Play-Doh and picking my nose.
I was happy. I was pure.
You know what's worst part? (We?) Adults built atomic bomb, but are accusing those who are enlarging their nuclear arsenal as acting "childishly"... (we?) should at least accept some fucking responsibility!
high rated
GOG, you're really taking the piss.

Whose brilliant idea was it to move forum replies notifications out of the bell where one could see how many they had, what threads they had replies in, and easily jump to each one, and put them in the community tab in the nav-bar with a blinking purple dot, where they're just a link to the "My posts" page (which takes for ever to load), and tell you exactly zlitch about the amount and which threads they're in?

You implemented this not that long ago, and it was one the few features that worked well. Why take that away from us and replace it with this downgraded new version?

EDIT: added the bit about that page taking for ever to load.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
How I can hide my profile?
I want this info to be private.
In Steam my profile is hidden, so i want in GOG do the same.

upd: figured out already
Post edited April 23, 2018 by goblinskr
Vainamoinen: If I don't use the fucking client, I don't want my play time and trophies displayed as "0". It's just an unfair and stupid attempt to ostracize people who don't use Galaxy, thus forcing them into installing the damn thing. "Always optional" my ass.
Fellow, they will ned a hell more firepower to ever force me to install / use galaxy again, for sure...
high rated
Sigh.

Please hire someone capable of foresight ASAP. These problems and controversies you always find yourself mired in aren't unavoidable.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: GOG, you're really taking the piss.

(…)
And they didn't bother to fix the help text: “See new chat messages, forum replies, friend invites, as well as important announcements and deals relevant to you”

GOG unlocked the achievement “break one of only a few working features of the webpage”
high rated
I have two things to say.

1° Suddenly forcing people to have a public profile on a website that they had chosen precisely for its barebone quality (just to download DRM-free offline executables, away from all social networking trends) is inacceptable, and so is having these profiles display personal (not intimate but still personal) data with no regard for the user's intent.

2° Fucking HELL those profile backgrounds are awesome.

Frankly, it's a great job. If it was a tad more optional, it would be truly awesome.
USERNAME:Djaron#Q&_^Q&Q#GROUP:4#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:326#Q&_^Q&Q#Protip from a veteran GOGer to drive on the road to 1k+ game:#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:326#Q&_^Q&Q#
no the prejudice is about something IRL very serious, but it would have been rather stupid for me to spread it out on the table in detail, whereas my point is exactly about privacy and not sharing with strangers personal real details, dont you think ?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: GOG, you're really taking the piss.

Who's brilliant idea was it to move forum replies notifications out of the bell where one could see how many they had, what threads they had replies in, and easily jump to each one, and put them in the community tab in the nav-bar with a blinking purple dot, where they're just a link to the "My posts" page, and tell you exactly zlitch about the amount and which threads they're in?

You implemented this not that long ago, and it was one the few features that worked well. Why take that away from us and replace it with this downgraded new version?
Yep, it's shit. Everything you said + the "forum replies" page takes forever for me to load, while with the previous notification system I could easily open all replies in a flash.

It's very annoying, but I didn't mention anything because it's still small potatoes next to the clusterfuck that is the fact my library count is still publicly displayed and that elcook very clearly ignored my repeated attempts to get any sort of a response. I mean, "the PR guy" should at least politely respond with "I'll look into that" or "please be patient while we iron everything out". Something worthless, but still something. Instead he kept responding to others, but on this issue - not even a polite "fluff you".
Breja: Yep, it's shit. Everything you said + the "forum replies" page takes forever for me to load, while with the previous notification system I could easily open all replies in a flash.

It's very annoying, but I didn't mention anything because it's still small potatoes next to the clusterfuck that is the fact my library count is still publicly displayed and that elcook very clearly ignored my repeated attempts to get any sort of a response. I mean, "the PR guy" should at least politely respond with "I'll look into that" or "please be patient while we iron everything out". Something worthless, but still something. Instead he kept responding to others, but on this issue - not even a polite "fluff you".
Same as the support page. You only have the option to choose “praise” as topic for new support messages…
high rated
Oh yes! This is what was needed! Not fixing shitty forums or language-changing website or late patches. No no no. We needed Facebook and shitty "look at me how interesting I am" profiles and personal data selling.

Gotta be like Steam, gotta try to milk as much data as we can, gotta have ALL THE MONEY.

Just keep getting worse and worse... Fuck you.
One thing I'd add though

The ability to comment an activity, like my "Started playing Ys VIII" that's at the top of my feed, so we can endorse or warn away others without writing a review that we won't be able to edit if they ever fix the problems that plague a game at launch.
tinyE: I was happy. I was pure.
You were happy. Let's leave it at that. :)