It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
MariusHispano: However the subject of privacy have to improve it seems to me very important
Lukaszmik: Unfortunately, the same framework that allows you to enjoy your "social" features also makes us all subject to privacy invasion. Also, the legal framework surrounding the contract between us and GOG is laughably one-sided.
If GOGs terms are "laughably one-sided" then they probably do not fully apply due to:
[url=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf]http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf[/url]
I do however not know if this protects US customers the same way as it protects EU customers.
low rated
Great news. I love it!
low rated
MariusHispano: What is the problem that Gog adds achievements or profiles that have been so requested in the community?
Lukaszmik: I mentioned it before - the features had under-5000 wishlist votes for a GOG community of over 500,000. It does not strike me as that vastly demanded of a feature.

MariusHispano: Beyond the issue of privacy that you have to solve
Lukaszmik: Well, that's the big problem right there. The more information you gather and store collated the more likely you are to monetize them if you happen to be a for-profit corporation not meaningfully limited in any other way.

For instance, do you know whether or not GOG is already exchanging information with Facebook beyond just basic login information? After all, Facebook is already a "trusted partner," and even the most recent change to Privacy Policy does not prevent such exchange.

MariusHispano: I do not know how it affects some users that others have those options when they are not mandatory. Does someone force you to use gog galaxy? To use achievements, clud save ...? . They are optional¡¡¡
Lukaszmik: "For now."

Non-Galaxy installers are already lagging when it comes to updates. Taleworld's most recent Batman title had a delayed release on GOG because achievement implementation for Galaxy was not done on time. Since GOG actually creates the stand-alone installers internally, while Galaxy allows now direct pipeline access between developers and Galaxy users, this can only get worse. GOG Downloader, the "no-frills-attached" way to reliably download from GOG, is no longer being worked on.

I do not begrudge others their preference toward profiles and achievements, but if they force them on ME, or cause detrimental changes to my shopping and account access due to addition of those elements, then we do have a problem.

MariusHispano: The gog problem is the small group of users who are trying to impose their orders on others when gog galaxy is optional.

I do not force you to use the achievements, who are you to force others not to use them? You can buy your game and not use gog galaxy, why do other users have to do the same? Respect others as others respect you.
Lukaszmik: The service began in certain way. If you change it to the benefit of a different group (which may or may not have purposefully driven your success to start with) at the expense of the original supporters, how is that "respectful" to the latter?

MariusHispano: However the subject of privacy have to improve it seems to me very important
Lukaszmik: Unfortunately, the same framework that allows you to enjoy your "social" features also makes us all subject to privacy invasion. Also, the legal framework surrounding the contract between us and GOG is laughably one-sided.
What you say is false:

I have about 150 games in my other account. In the forum where I speak, there are users with more than 200 games. Many of us have been in gog, some practically since it started.

But you say that the original clients do not want this which is false, in this same forum there are people who buy gog games from their origins that has no problem with options like achievements, profiles, cloud save ... because we can continue Having drm free games, we are not required to use achievements or cloud save but we want.

Now gog is aimed at more users but nobody has been excluded, there are a few users like you who want to exclude the rest.

When 11 users (yes 11, it's laughable) decide that you're not going to buy back in gog, why, games do not have drm, there is no mandatory galaxy, everything is optional and I do not doubt that the subject of privacy It will improve. But I explain it to you, you want to forbid others to have options that do not affect you, that do not force you to have to use them.

As for the list of desired, if you think that 5000 votes for offline achievements are few, you will tell me what you think about the privacy options that do not have 800 votes.

I also say one thing, guys from gog.com improve privacy options, whether they are 700 votes or 3000, privacy is basic.

I also congratulate gog for the profiles,great¡¡¡
high rated
boztix: [...] I have about 150 games in my other account. [...]
I'm sorry but I can't get over this and I realize there would be far more interesting parts to discuss but... Why is it important for you to let us now how many games you own on your other account? And why do you chose to post with this one if that number is so important to you?

If you just want to speak your mind, by all accounts just do it. Whether you make a strong case doesn't depend on the number of games you own but rather whether or not you manage to make a few good points. We're not some fancy rich people only society.

boztix: [...] In the forum where I speak, there are users with more than 200 games. Many of us have been in gog, some practically since it started. [...]
We have to take your word for that, as they seem to prefer to have you as their spokesperson here. Having to use GOG's... unique forum software I have to say I can see why they would prefer a third party forum, though.

boztix: [...] Now gog is aimed at more users but nobody has been excluded, there are a few users like you who want to exclude the rest. [...]
What are you talking about? Did you reply to the wrong post? The post that you quoted (written by Lukaszmik) talks about privacy options. They even go so far as to point out:
Lukaszmik: [...] I do not begrudge others their preference toward profiles and achievements, but if they force them on ME, or cause detrimental changes to my shopping and account access due to addition of those elements, then we do have a problem. [...]
I'd also like to point out that the (currently unfulfilled) wish for offline achievements (for Galaxy) that was mentioned gathered 4,617 votes as of now. The community wishlist doesn't log the date of creation, but the earliest comment on that list is from May. 7, 2015.
The Disable "view profile" function for customers who care for their privacy! has gathered 632 votes as of now - since Monday (Apr. 23, 2018).
There are still users who haven't even logged in since then. There might be others that have not even noticed the update. If you want to compare numbers you'd have to compare growth. I can't tell you about the growth of that Galaxy wish, but I can tell you that I have never seen anything like the growth of that Disable "view profile" function and I have spend a lot of time with the community wishlist in the past year. (Since you seem to like numbers: I myself made over a hundred wishes and voted on over four thousand of them. I also made an uncounted number of comments and probably over nine thousand reports of spam and duplicate wishes...)

While I agree that 11 users signing an open list and 3 more deleting their accounts is not a high metric, you have to keep in mind that not everyone reads or posts in this thread (or even in the GOG forums at all). We can only speculate what will happen next, but I'd be willing to bet that the most privacy conscious users on GOG also make up a good part of the biggest spenders. Up until now, gamers who did care about privacy would have preferred GOG over Steam. I think GOG will at least notice that in their bank account, whether those users chose to speak up or not.

boztix: [...] When 11 users (yes 11, it's laughable) decide that you're not going to buy back in gog, why, games do not have drm, there is no mandatory galaxy, everything is optional and I do not doubt that the subject of privacy It will improve. [...]
Everything is not optional, which is what is being lamented here in the first place. There is no option for users to hide their number of games, achievements or total gaming hours logged with GOG Galaxy. Last of which was never displayed here, so users who wouldn't want that number to be public would not have used Galaxy in the past - if they had known beforehand. It also wasn't optional to have all your related privacy setting set to be visible to everyone when the update went live. Only some lucky few noticed those new setting in the 4 days before the update. Given that this information was private before, users should have to Opt-in to showing that information to the publish - not Opt-out of them, how GOG implemented them. The thing is: The community already gave their feedback about this backwards ways of implementation when we first learned about the new setting. It did not change anything. We communicated our issues again when this update went live. It did not change anything. There is no indication that GOG's handling of our privacy will improve.

boztix: [...] But I explain it to you, you want to forbid others to have options that do not affect you, that do not force you to have to use them. [...]
Yeah, this part is just crazy...
low rated
boztix: [...] I have about 150 games in my other account. [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: I'm sorry but I can't get over this and I realize there would be far more interesting parts to discuss but... Why is it important for you to let us now how many games you own on your other account? And why do you chose to post with this one if that number is so important to you?

If you just want to speak your mind, by all accounts just do it. Whether you make a strong case doesn't depend on the number of games you own but rather whether or not you manage to make a few good points. We're not some fancy rich people only society.

boztix: [...] In the forum where I speak, there are users with more than 200 games. Many of us have been in gog, some practically since it started. [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: We have to take your word for that, as they seem to prefer to have you as their spokesperson here. Having to use GOG's... unique forum software I have to say I can see why they would prefer a third party forum, though.

boztix: [...] Now gog is aimed at more users but nobody has been excluded, there are a few users like you who want to exclude the rest. [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: What are you talking about? Did you reply to the wrong post? The post that you quoted (written by Lukaszmik) talks about privacy options. They even go so far as to point out:
Lukaszmik: [...] I do not begrudge others their preference toward profiles and achievements, but if they force them on ME, or cause detrimental changes to my shopping and account access due to addition of those elements, then we do have a problem. [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: I'd also like to point out that the (currently unfulfilled) wish for offline achievements (for Galaxy) that was mentioned gathered 4,617 votes as of now. The community wishlist doesn't log the date of creation, but the earliest comment on that list is from May. 7, 2015.
The Disable "view profile" function for customers who care for their privacy! has gathered 632 votes as of now - since Monday (Apr. 23, 2018).
There are still users who haven't even logged in since then. There might be others that have not even noticed the update. If you want to compare numbers you'd have to compare growth. I can't tell you about the growth of that Galaxy wish, but I can tell you that I have never seen anything like the growth of that Disable "view profile" function and I have spend a lot of time with the community wishlist in the past year. (Since you seem to like numbers: I myself made over a hundred wishes and voted on over four thousand of them. I also made an uncounted number of comments and probably over nine thousand reports of spam and duplicate wishes...)

While I agree that 11 users signing an open list and 3 more deleting their accounts is not a high metric, you have to keep in mind that not everyone reads or posts in this thread (or even in the GOG forums at all). We can only speculate what will happen next, but I'd be willing to bet that the most privacy conscious users on GOG also make up a good part of the biggest spenders. Up until now, gamers who did care about privacy would have preferred GOG over Steam. I think GOG will at least notice that in their bank account, whether those users chose to speak up or not.

boztix: [...] When 11 users (yes 11, it's laughable) decide that you're not going to buy back in gog, why, games do not have drm, there is no mandatory galaxy, everything is optional and I do not doubt that the subject of privacy It will improve. [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: Everything is not optional, which is what is being lamented here in the first place. There is no option for users to hide their number of games, achievements or total gaming hours logged with GOG Galaxy. Last of which was never displayed here, so users who wouldn't want that number to be public would not have used Galaxy in the past - if they had known beforehand. It also wasn't optional to have all your related privacy setting set to be visible to everyone when the update went live. Only some lucky few noticed those new setting in the 4 days before the update. Given that this information was private before, users should have to Opt-in to showing that information to the publish - not Opt-out of them, how GOG implemented them. The thing is: The community already gave their feedback about this backwards ways of implementation when we first learned about the new setting. It did not change anything. We communicated our issues again when this update went live. It did not change anything. There is no indication that GOG's handling of our privacy will improve.

boztix: [...] But I explain it to you, you want to forbid others to have options that do not affect you, that do not force you to have to use them. [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: Yeah, this part is just crazy...
The wish list which reflects unfortunately the interest in privacy is minimal among gog users. Because it is being discussed in various internet sites and forums and 700 people have not voted. Even in more than one forum some user has encouraged the rest to get many profiles to get more votes.

I think it is indisputable that the community is more interested in drm free and gog galaxy with all its options than privacy. Here the users are by the drm free peincipalmente.

And it's sad because privacy is very important.
high rated
There are some thick skulls on this thread. :D
coreyblueexclusive: Can't stop change, I want GoG to challenge steam, even if it makes some of the community uncomfortable it has to happen.Just imagine when GoG releases Cyberpunk on here and it has online.Yeah, it's going to be BIG changes soon.
gamesfreak64: So to challenge Steam it is okay for GOG to turn into a Steam clone but in a GOG style ? client, drm. always online to play a game and more.....

Fight fire with fire ? Dirty Harry style : GoG: " Go ahead Steam ... make my game ? " :D
thats not the way i'm afraid .... :D

toxicTom: No it's as though we're now all forced to have doors of glass. And the curtain they provided is pretty skimpy.
gamesfreak64: Glass curtains ? :D some hide something but many shine through , mostly white curtains sometimes dark or black but they are usualy white.
I'm pretty sure cyberpunk will have a offline mode that will be DRM free.You can quote me on that when the game comes out.
And if it doesn't then you can raise hell.
and I think they're already a better version of Steam.
We don't get that flood of trash in the store like Steam does.
You get to keep your games.(DRM Free) I got all my installers on my 1TB flash drive.
Gog has cloud saves now.
Achievements.
We get free profile backgrounds from Galaxy.
All we missing is a few triple A games on the store and better privacy options.
Post edited April 29, 2018 by coreyblueexclusive
low rated
Bah. No way to publicly list a profile? That's lame.

I know some of you don't WANT this feature, but that is why privacy settings are an option. But it seems the only way to view a profile is by being logged into GOG period. I'd like to be able to link my profile on other forums, like my Steam profile.

Some of us are not that concerned about who views our game lists :P
high rated
boztix: in this same forum there are people who buy gog games from their origins that has no problem with options like achievements, profiles, cloud save...
Uh... that's good? I have no problem with those features either, seeing as they actually are optional. What I have a problem with is the invasion of privacy and data-mining — which are mandatory BTW.

But hey, you can enjoy a new trinket. I guess that means it's okay.

When 11 users (yes 11, it's laughable) decide that you're not going to buy back in gog
Yeah, it seems that the rest just up and left. Actually there were plenty of cases in this very thread that said they wouldn't buy on GOG anymore, they just didn't ask to be added to RainbowDragon's list. The most recent example is Thomq.
I think the majority of people who take their privacy seriously didn't even bother posting anything before closing the tab, resigned to never come back. The rest just keep silently upvoting privacy-conscious posts, in the hopes that GOG will come to their senses and say "Wait! It was just a belated April fools joke that got out of hand! We come here dressed in our monk robes to say how much we are sorry and we'll undo as much harm as we can".
I am not holding my breath tho, unless extensive GDPR fines or mass customer exodus hurts their bank accounts.

MariusHispano: Here the users are by the drm free peincipalmente.
Alright, now I can pinpoint you as a brazilian (or possibly portuguese) troll. You slipped up and you wrote (with a typo) "principalmente" and this word is portuguese. I bet you can't even write a french sentence. And as someone who "doesn't have anything to hide" why would you choose a fake country?

Edit: as later mentioned, more likely to be spanish language. Still not something spoken in France.

Also ain't it funny that, for such a firm advocate of the new profiles, yours is not personalized — not even with a background image — and is as open as the crappy opt-out defaults GOG set? As if you didn't bother touching it in these 6 days?

Oh right, I forgot. Troll.
Post edited April 29, 2018 by joppo
high rated
volcom.461: Great news. I love it!
Cool. Including coreyblueexclusive, boztix, plus a handful of users (including one or more trolls) and Mark Zuckerberg, you amount to probably a dozen! I'm so happy for you!!

dm36: I know some of you don't WANT this feature, but that is why privacy settings are an option.
You mean "A badly implemented option that doesn't even give us the full possibility of privacy nor obeys the European law that is about to take effect and that GOG as an European company is subject to"?

Yes, you are right, some of us do not want this feature.
low rated
The only things being listed are your game count, achievements, and hours played. Give them time, and I am sure they will make those private too as an option. Remember this is a new feature.

And data can not really be mined from any of those 3 features by the way. There won't be no GOG spy foretelling how many of us are playing Hunie Pop or Leisure suit Larry.

If you want privacy beyond even that, the only thing left would be your profile name, and that has been publicly visible since the day you started posting on these forums.
Post edited April 29, 2018 by dm36
high rated
MariusHispano: Here the users are by the drm free peincipalmente.
joppo: Alright, now I can pinpoint you as a brazilian (or possibly portuguese) troll. You slipped up and you wrote (with a typo) "principalmente" and this word is portuguese. I bet you can't even write a french sentence. And as someone who "doesn't have anything to hide" why would you choose a fake country?

Also ain't it funny that, for such a firm advocate of the new profiles, yours is not personalized — not even with a background image — and is as open as the crappy opt-out defaults GOG set? As if you didn't bother touching it in these 6 days?

Oh right, I forgot. Troll.
Spanish, fwiw, although the word 'principalmente' is the same in both languages.

When he posted about all the happy Galaxy Gog users who loved the new feature so much, he linked to a google group where they supposedly chatter happily away - and it was Spanish. Sorry, can't be bothered to search his posts for the link.

My Spanish is not bad, but why would I want to post there or even read their stuff. If they have something to say about the profiles etc, they can say it here.

In English, this is an English forum.

With their real profiles.

Isn't it ironic that a person who is so happy with the new feature, and complains about those Gog users who do not want their profiles to be visible won't post about his happiness whilst using his real profile?
Perhaps he doesn't want his profile to be seen.
Post edited April 29, 2018 by ZenWan
high rated
dm36: The only things being listed are your game count, achievements, and hours played. Give them time, and I am sure they will make those private too as an option. Remember this is a new feature.

And data can not really be mined from any of those 3 features by the way. There won't be no GOG spy foretelling how many of us are playing Hunie Pop or Leisure suit Larry.

If you want privacy beyond even that, the only thing left would be your profile name, and that has been publicly visible since the day you started posting on these forums.
Not exactly which games but it definitely tells scammers who the big targets are, or beggars who they need to harass for games.

This is the same kind of non-senstivity to privacy they showed when they had that sale that displayed the names of the biggest spenders
high rated
dm36: The only things being listed are your game count, achievements, and hours played. Give them time, and I am sure they will make those private too as an option. Remember this is a new feature.
As someone who works with programming, I can tell that if they actually wanted to remove those numbers from our profile (at least until they set up better privacy controls) they would spend 10 minutes deleting or commenting (i.e. turning a piece of code into text the computer ignores ) a few lines, then deploy the new version to their server. 10 minutes is a worst-case scenario, mind you.

They've had a full week. I can only assume they don't see a problem with the way things are. How long are we supposed to wait? As much as the option to set the classic installers as default, maybe? They've made a promise more than a year ago and the meter is still running on that option.

Edit: a full business week, but I don't really think they'll modify anything in a sunday anyway.
low rated

Pheace: Not exactly which games but it definitely tells scammers who the big targets are, or beggars who they need to harass for games.

This is the same kind of non-senstivity to privacy they showed when they had that sale that displayed the names of the biggest spenders
I've had my game library posted on several sites, even linked on my steam profile. I have a wiki profile afterall, and have had one for several years. I have never had anyone begging me for games or trying to pull a scam.

And please tell me how they are going to scam you or beg games from you if they can not contact you? Chat message settings can be set to friends only or 100% private.

joppo: As someone who works with programming, I can tell that if they actually wanted to remove those numbers from our profile (at least until they set up better privacy controls) they would spend 10 minutes deleting or commenting (i.e. turning a piece of code into text the computer ignores ) a few lines, then deploy the new version to their server. 10 minutes is a worst-case scenario, mind you.

They've had a full week. I can only assume they don't see a problem with the way things are. How long are we supposed to wait? As much as the option to set the classic installers as default, maybe? They've made a promise more than a year ago and the meter is still running on that option.

Edit: a full business week, but I don't really think they'll modify anything in a sunday anyway.
Well it is not a problem right now, because the information is not public. Only members of GOG can view the information. And the viewable information when set to private is 100% useless for data mining as I stated.

Seems some of you are just being a tad too paranoid.