It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Checked my Activity feed for the first time and saw that the last olayed game was 3 months ago, even though I just was playing a game.

I changed the Computer several months ago however, could it be that it still tries to log my old PC, ignoring when I play on my new one?
bofferbrauer: Checked my Activity feed for the first time and saw that the last olayed game was 3 months ago, even though I just was playing a game.

I changed the Computer several months ago however, could it be that it still tries to log my old PC, ignoring when I play on my new one?
were you using Galaxy three months ago and stopped?
bofferbrauer: Checked my Activity feed for the first time and saw that the last olayed game was 3 months ago, even though I just was playing a game.

tinyE: were you using Galaxy three months ago and stopped?
No, still using Galaxy. In fact, when I found out, I tried to start a game both with and without galaxy, but neither updated my list of played games

Edit: What has changed is my country of residency. I'm from Luxembourg but living in the Philippines right now. I'm having 2 wallets due to this (since I can't reach my € wallet from there and had to open a new wallet in US$. Maybe that's also the reason why it's not updating anymore?
Post edited May 06, 2018 by bofferbrauer
high rated
elcook: It's for both. If you disable your profile, it won't show up on your friends' list in the Profile tab (short list of recent active friends), nor on the Friends tab.
Cheers. Does a disabled profile also exclude one from friend recommendations? And if not, shouldn't it? Otherwise the friend recommendation feature, which is based on non-mutual friends of common friends, defeats the purpose of all the above, doesn't it?

GR00T: It would likely be the same pretzel logic that had them include Galaxy installers in the game files: those that are less 'tech savvy' would have a hard time finding how to enable them and opt in.
I'm inclined to think that they counted on what even defenders of this implementation pointed out - people sitting on the default settings; when alternative ways to communicate and implement profiles were suggested, tech savviness was never brought up as a counterargument in the pre-launch thread, as was the case with including the client in the standalone installers.

Zrevnur: Just found out why GOGs communication with the community is so bad. They dont have anybody for it:

https://www.gog.com/work/support-head-of-community-friendship-support

And even better: Once they find somebody we are looking into a bright future of 'friendship'. Quoting:

"Your and your team's ultimate goal is to treat gamers not as 'customers' or 'users’, but as our best friends and having their interest always above everything else."
[emphasis added]

@whoever fills in the position - careful now, it might prove to be a short lived carrier.

bler144: I get that - but if you disable your profile...what would be on your profile?
Question isn't what "would" be on it, but what "still is and gets added" to it. A disabled GOG profile still does what an enabled one does with nobody being able to see it for as long as the profile remains disabled. It still fills up with the threads one starts, and their gaming data (if they use the client), as well as the things their friends do and are linked to profiles. And it still gives a blinking purple dot whenever someone sneezes in a space that, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist. Because it does exist, and keeps doing its thing and growing.

I don't mind the 404 page that the profile link gives. However, the account tab should revert to linking to one's library, and the activity feed notification should stop as soon as a profile is disabled.

You confirmed that the GOG Profile is not updated in realtime.
I have noticed that the game count is not updated after I bought new games, even after 24 hours since the payment.

GOG's web service is really weird.

kbnrylaec: You confirmed that the GOG Profile is not updated in realtime.
I have noticed that the game count is not updated after I bought new games, even after 24 hours since the payment.

GOG's web service is really weird.
Well then, I guess the reason why most everything is broken around here, is that the majority of GOG's staff is monitoring the user's activities so they can manually update every profile.

All that remains to be seen is how close to the truth is my exaggeration. I have a feeling it's closer than it would be reasonable to expect.
I read the new update of the Privacy information in the general terms of services and if I understand GOG right, then GOG wants to track me for everything related to GOG services. Unfortunately they do not really fully explain what GOG services are?

Are the standalone installers also part of GOG services?
Post edited May 07, 2018 by Trilarion
Trilarion: I read the new update of the Privacy information in the general terms of services and if I understand GOG right, than GOG wants to track me for everything related to GOG services. Unfortunately they do not really fully explain what GOG services are?

Are the standalone installers also part of GOG services?
Pretty sure that is a service they offer. I would assume logging into the site and anything that requires that login to participate would count as gag services.
Attachments:
gagbear.jpg (381 Kb)
Post edited May 07, 2018 by paladin181
paladin181: ... Pretty sure that is a service they offer. I would assume logging into the site and anything that requires that login to participate would count as gag services.
That sounds not unreasonable. On the other hand, the installer isn't really a service but rather a necessary part of the product. How else am I supposed to use it? I always assumed that once I downloaded my game from GOG I'm pretty much beyond their reach regarding anything. Probably they added stuff to the games to actually track their users.

The question is if they collect any information beyond the point of downloading the standalone, classic installer? And if so which information?

Just asked that via Support request.
Post edited May 07, 2018 by Trilarion
Trilarion: The question is if they collect any information beyond the point of downloading the standalone, classic installer? And if so which information?

I doubt they track anything else. They have to track downloads because of the money-back-guarantee. If you download the game, you can't get the money back (except it doesn't work).
Trilarion: The question is if they collect any information beyond the point of downloading the standalone, classic installer? And if so which information?

toxicTom: I doubt they track anything else.
The why does a mysterious black sedan with GOG plates keep following me around whenever I leave the house?
toxicTom: I doubt they track anything else.
tinyE: The why does a mysterious black sedan with GOG plates keep following me around whenever I leave the house?
You are being paranoid: the GOG car is purple.
high rated
tinyE: The why does a mysterious black sedan with GOG plates keep following me around whenever I leave the house?
Vythonaut: You are being paranoid: the GOG car is purple.
Also, if it were the GOG car, it would continously take wrong turns, crash into things and then drive backwards a bit before trying to take the same dead-end route again...
high rated
I received three friend requests since last week.
All coming from people, whose names I don't recognize from the forums.

Since I had absolutely no friend requests in the last three/four(?) years prior to this profile mess, I can only assume, that this has something to do with the latest breach of my privacy, that publicised certain numbers, of which I would've had preferred, if they would have remained 100% private.

Well done, GOG. /s
Vythonaut: You are being paranoid: the GOG car is purple.
Lifthrasil: Also, if it were the GOG car, it would continously take wrong turns, crash into things and then drive backwards a bit before trying to take the same dead-end route again...
Well, this is what you get when you try to do a "forum bump" in real life.