It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The end of January approaches, yet it’s only the beginning of the year... A time for big dreams, hope, and comfort! So, check the GOG’s New Year Sale and tackle a few gaming milestones thanks to over 2500 deals up to 90% off! Here are some notable examples:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-60%)
The Witcher 3 - Game of the Year Edition (-80%)
Cyberpunk 2077 (-50%)
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Mythic Edition (-20%)
Metro Exodus - Gold Edition (-63%)
BIOMUTANT (-50%)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition (-66%)
Control Ultimate Edition (-70%)

The New Year Sale comes also with two great releases that you should definitely check:

Gas Station Simulator (-25%)
XCOM®: Chimera Squad (-65%)

The GOG New Year Sale is your occasion to start off the year on the upswing, explore and dare, but remember, you only have until 31st January 2022, at 2 PM UTC!
high rated
What a nice surprise! :D

PS. All the New Year's offers will be merged, sorted and listed in a separate thread, starting from this post.
Post edited January 24, 2022 by ciemnogrodzianin
This came out of nowhere haha
Wow, I didn't expect this sale at all...
Heard a lot of mixed opinions on XCom Chimera Squad, nice that it's here but will need to look into it more.
the silent age is great. been bundled and discounted to death but might as well have it here too.
wolfsite: Heard a lot of mixed opinions on XCom Chimera Squad, nice that it's here but will need to look into it more.
I really like the look of it - I mean the idea of having humans and aliens working together for a change, anda smaller scale story set in one city, maybe a bit more "police" like for a change. But I greatly disliked XCom 2, which I found just ridiculous in terms of difficulty and not fun at all. Getting sniped from the other end of the board by unseen enemies while missing 8 out of 10 point blank shots myself, that kind of stuff. I know - "git gud, n00b". But why should I bother if I'm not having fun. So I'm not sure if playinng another XCom game makes much sense for me.
Nice sale! Got most of the big ticket items already though, but still, I get to pick up Quern on the cheap though, and some other puzzlers as that's pretty much what I'm blowing my money on nowadays!

I'd pick up the new X Com, but the second one is nigh unplayable without mods, whoever thought it was a good idea for the guy/gal that came up with the aggressive RNG/time limits needs to be homeless and unemployed for a year!
Post edited January 24, 2022 by TZODnmr2k5
wolfsite: Heard a lot of mixed opinions on XCom Chimera Squad, nice that it's here but will need to look into it more.
Story, narrative, characterisation and dialogue is where it's really bad, reportedly.
Not necessarily what you're mainly playing an XCOM game for, but still.
Post edited January 24, 2022 by Swedrami
Nice sale. :)

Is Conglomerate 451 good? I like the aesthetics, but I´ve been reading reviews on steam and some say that it is very repetitive and lacks content. That, and the fact that it is a Unity engine game worries me.
Post edited January 24, 2022 by arrua
I think I heard someone praising Control, but can't remember what it was, or if it was that game, even.
I almost rebought Spellforce 3 Reforced by mistake, because GOG still hasn't fixed the issue where everybody that received it free(as thanks to buying the original release) appear to be missing the new base game.

I'm grateful for the new sale, and I'm currently deciding what my purchases will be, but I had to rant about this continued annoyance. Please fix this, GOG.
Has anyone played ELEX?
Unexpected sales are more welcome, at a first look take a look to Pid, recently price base changed:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post2780
Post edited January 24, 2022 by argamasa
IronArcturus: Has anyone played ELEX?
I have and best I can describe it as if one takes Fallout 3 or perhaps Fallout New Vegas and mix it with Skyrim and add a dash of space sci-fi to the mix.. Blend it together and you got Elex